Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

interfaces requiring no external power?

i’d like to have a grab and go interface that isn’t too bulky and doesn’t need to have a powered usb hub to use with lightning on iphone 11

guitar apps over loud

Comments

• @Briandandrig said:
    i’d like to have a grab and go interface that isn’t too bulky and doesn’t need to have a powered usb hub to use with lightning on iphone 11

guitar apps over loud

Just remember, whatever you find will suck down your iPhone battery.

How much capability are you looking for? One or two inputs, mono or stereo? Outputs? Monitors and phones, or just one?

• just a guitar input and headphones out really

• edited February 2021

@Briandandrig said:
    just a guitar input and headphones out really

Apogee Jam Plus. It’s the best for what you need. Completely plug-and-play. In terms of audio quality, recording quality, headphone driver, latency, it is hard to beat. I know IK multimedia makes a few similar devices, but the Apogee AD/DA converters are known to be some of the best in the business. Bus powered. It comes with 3 cables, usbc, usba, and lightning, so you’d be covered. I even have two of them, one still in the box, can sell to you if you want. But they’re only $160 new. What kind of guitar are you using?

• I love my Line 6 sonic port (which cost me just £ 5 good as new on eBay) and sonic port VX. I also have a TC Helicon go guitar pro which does the job. All three are lightning compatible and personally I’ve never had a problem with the cables.

• @steve99 said:
    I love my Line 6 sonic port (which cost me just £ 5 good as new on eBay) and sonic port VX. I also have a TC Helicon go guitar pro which does the job. All three are lightning compatible and personally I’ve never had a problem with the cables.

+1

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:

@Briandandrig said:
    just a guitar input and headphones out really

Apogee Jam Plus. It’s the best for what you need. Completely plug-and-play. In terms of audio quality, recording quality, headphone driver, latency, it is hard to beat. I know IK multimedia makes a few similar devices, but the Apogee AD/DA converters are known to be some of the best in the business. Bus powered. It comes with 3 cables, usbc, usba, and lightning, so you’d be covered. I even have two of them, one still in the box, can sell to you if you want. But they’re only $160 new. What kind of guitar are you using?

a few. lately a jackson ht7 with fishman fluence open core. also my strat with custom hsh config

• I own an iConnectAudio 2+ and a Behringer UM2. I managed to run both with an USB hub that is powered by a powerbank with a fast charging port.

• Check out Zoom U22, it’s small and can be powered by 2 AA batteries. No need for a hub and won’t empty your iPad’s battery. Just get 4 rechargeable AA batteries and keep 2 inside and 2 charged.

• I use a Samson G-Track Pro.. works solidly.. but unfortunately not that compact as it’s a microphone/audio interface

• edited February 2021

motu m-4 — love it

For what it’s worth, I tried a zoom device and couldn’t stand having to shuffle little batteries in and out of it. Full pass