Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fleksi - Hey Girl (Drambo, Loopy, Samplr, AB3, Turnado) VIDEO

edited February 2021 in Creations

It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything substantial even with lockdown etc.

Here’s a tune that I came up with before Christmas. Jammed out on Drambo, Samplr, loopy and Turnado hosted in Audiobus. There’s a touch of AD replicant 2 towards the middle.

All drums and synth parts are Drambo.

Video made in FCPX

Comments

• From the first moment this is pure quality

• Love the video and the green flower slowly opening against the wall is my fav part.

Any chance you could show how you use Turnado? Have played with it loads and love the idea but never really got into it at all. I’m a real tweaked too so it should be right up my street by rights.

• Brillant, I love it, both track and video are excellent

• Very nice!

• @OscarSouth said:
    Love the video and the green flower slowly opening against the wall is my fav part.

Any chance you could show how you use Turnado? Have played with it loads and love the idea but never really got into it at all. I’m a real tweaked too so it should be right up my street by rights.

Yes, Turnado is one of those gems that need taming depending on the kind of music you’re creating. In its pure form it’s a DJ effect, completely in your face but dialling down all of the intensity knobs can just add flavour and movement to your tracks as opposed to screwing with it completely.

I’d say: load some presets and play with intensity knobs on edit page of each effect. Also setting dictator to very shallow peaks will give you more global results.

I personally don’t ever touch the dry/wet slider but that’s another option.

• @supadom said:

@OscarSouth said:
    Love the video and the green flower slowly opening against the wall is my fav part.

Yes, Turnado is one of those gems that need taming depending on the kind of music you’re creating. In its pure form it’s a DJ effect, completely in your face but dialling down all of the intensity knobs can just add flavour and movement to your tracks as opposed to screwing with it completely.

I’d say: load some presets and play with intensity knobs on edit page of each effect. Also setting dictator to very shallow peaks will give you more global results.

I personally don’t ever touch the dry/wet slider but that’s another option.

Thanks -- will have a play with this.

• @supadom you got it on a send or on the mixbus?

• @OscarSouth said:
    @supadom you got it on a send or on the mixbus?

It’s plumbed in as an insert but I expect aux amount might also serve as an attenuator. It’s a question of preference but I like it when rhythmical effects are quite pronounced so it didn’t work out for me as a send.

• Beautiful, fun song!

• I like! Performed live? Usually we see you playing if it's a live thing. Also noted that there are overdubbed harmony vocals.

• It's a good track and the visuals really suit it.

Good to hear you sing, you've got a nice sounding
    voice and the harmonies work really well together.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I like! Performed live? Usually we see you playing if it's a live thing. Also noted that there are overdubbed harmony vocals.

Jammed out live but then edited otherwise layering the vocals alone would have taken it beyond the average attention span length ;)

I’d love to find a simple solution like a capable harmoniser but there’s nothing I enjoy more than actually layering harmonies so I’m stuck in this no man’s land ;)

• So good! Sounds like a hit (don’t know how to say that w/o sounding like an old , shady record exec, but it does).

• @king_picadillo said:
    So good! Sounds like a hit (don’t know how to say that w/o sounding like an old , shady record exec, but it does).

Haha, thanks, I like it! It’s a very uncomplicated song.

• @Gravitas said:
    It's a good track and the visuals really suit it.

Good to hear you sing, you've got a nice sounding
    voice and the harmonies work really well together.

Cheers man, means a lot. I find harmonies make it more digestible ;)

• @Toastedghost said:
    Brillant, I love it, both track and video are excellent

Thank you!

• @supadom said:

@king_picadillo said:
    So good! Sounds like a hit (don’t know how to say that w/o sounding like an old , shady record exec, but it does).

Biggest part of its charm for me.
    Getting the good blur/gorillaz vibe 👍

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@supadom said:

@king_picadillo said:

Biggest part of its charm for me.
    Getting the good blur/gorillaz vibe 👍

Wow, man, that’s the best association I could wish for. Love Gorillaz and whatever post Blur Albarn does. Thank you!