Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TB DualVCF Battery Drain? (While all other TB seem very power efficient)

Firstly I’m a huge TB fan and use their apps in everything, because of the great sound, CPU efficiency and stability, so I was quite surprised to find that DualVCF seems to be such a significant battery drain.

In about 20 mins of an AUM set with just one synth, DualVCF and TB Reverb, battery had dropped about 20%, which is highly unusual for me, and after removing DualVCF, battery drain returned to its more usual slow rate. I noticed it last night, with same setup, when after 40 mins of use from a full charge, battery dropped to just over 50%.

I’m on an iPad Pro 2017 on 13.6.1 ...

Has anyone else noticed this?

Copying in @DJB ...

Comments

• In AUM:
    DualVCF goes up to around 60% dsp on my iPhone6S.

It’s the heaviest filter, but also the most analog sounding, because it has the least digital aliasing when overdriven.

• Dev helpfully responded that recent changes by Apple to Big Sur and iOS have forced complete screen redraws (rather than screen regions) which explains the sudden increase in battery drain.

• We'll push out an update soon with a significant reduction in CPU load and a workaround for changes (bugs?) in iOS that are quite unfortunate. We'll also improve the UI responsiveness for small form-factor devices (phones) by increasing UI elements by 200%. Stay tuned :-)

• @DJB said:
    We'll push out an update soon with a significant reduction in CPU load and a workaround for changes (bugs?) in iOS that are quite unfortunate. We'll also improve the UI responsiveness for small form-factor devices (phones) by increasing UI elements by 200%. Stay tuned :-)

Yay, hope the 200% for phone apps is across the board?
    And if possible allow option to use the 200% assets on iPad as well.
    (With a degrading eye sight bigger is better and more usable)

One easy tip here is to use 'value boxes' that can be swiped up/down instead of knobs and sliders.
    Sure not as 'fancy looking' but in practical usage it's exactly the same, swipe to change a value.

Looking forward to the update(s)

Cheers!

• @DJB said:
    We'll push out an update soon with a significant reduction in CPU load and a workaround for changes (bugs?) in iOS that are quite unfortunate. We'll also improve the UI responsiveness for small form-factor devices (phones) by increasing UI elements by 200%. Stay tuned :-)

Thanks again for all your efforts!

• Update is out. The UI improvements are fantastic as well, @djb. Much more usability now

• Looks good on phone now split across 2 screens. 👍🏻

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Update is out. The UI improvements are fantastic as well, @djb. Much more usability now

Sweet.