Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jezebel / Two Fluges + Trumpet

edited February 2021 in Creations

Exploring how to use SWAM polyphonically, I duplicated the original midi horn part and transposed different sections raising the semitones. Added some muting as well. SWAM Flugelhorn, iFretless Bass. BeatHawk Marimba, MixBoxed Soft Drummer, and two subtle @Spidericemidas presets from Sunrizer.

This is my first version with SWAM Flugelhorns only

2nd version with lead SWAM Bb Trumpet...

This version starts with the initial trumpet (with anti phasing). Approx 1:12 the first Flug comes in. At approx 2:13 the first Flug joins in at a partial. At 3:30 the 2nd Flug comes in with a new partial. I also brightened the bass. The trumpet adds a lot of energy to the track, for sure. Loving these SWAMS now, tho Cubasis3 is glitchy with them.

@Gavinski and @Intrepolicious, these tracks did not use SWAM expression, but I rode the volumes in the mix.

@McD, awaiting your insights.

Comments

• That was fun! Great work on the horns! Jazz is mind boggling, in a crazy good way. 👍

• edited February 2021

SW’onderful, ‘AMarvelous exploratory excursion.

Reminds me .. I have a long lost unfinished symphony with the working title of “Jezebel” that I should someday revisit and attempt to complete.

• Thanks @Spidericemidas. Your presets helped fill it out. @Lady_App_titude, S’wam looking forward to hearing some of that symphony! Now you can do it on iOS.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @Spidericemidas. Your presets helped fill it out. @Lady_App_titude, S’wam looking forward to hearing some of that symphony! Now you can do it on iOS.

Are you using an expression pedal or any other means to control expression Mike? @LinearLineman

• Now that’s how you play trumpet. Amazing @LinearLineman and you’ve got the expression down to a science.

And I love the term “MixBoxed”, though I’ve still avoided purchasing it haha

• Thanks @Gavinski and @Intrepolicious. Details provided above along with new trumpet version

• @LinearLineman said:
    Exploring how to use SWAM polyphonically, I duplicated the original midi horn part and transposed different sections raising the semitones. Added some muting as well. SWAM Flugelhorn, iFretless Bass. BeatHawk Marimba, MixBoxed Soft Drummer, and two subtle @Spidericemidas presets from Sunrizer.

This is my first version with SWAM Flugelhorns only

2nd version with lead SWAM Bb Trumpet...

This version starts with the initial trumpet (with anti phasing). Approx 1:12 the first Flug comes in. At approx 2:13 the first Flug joins in at a partial. At 3:30 the 2nd Flug comes in with a new partial. I also brightened the bass. The trumpet adds a lot of energy to the track, for sure. Loving these SWAMS now, tho Cubasis3 is glitchy with them.

@Gavinski and @Intrepolicious, these tracks did not use SWAM expression, but I rode the volumes in the mix.

@McD, awaiting your insights.

Volume adjustments will not sound the same as expression, I could tell you hadn't used expression. I'd really love to hear you playing this with a seaboard!

• @Gavinski, I doubt I could control expression, etc, at high speeds... and I wonder if I could play a Seaboard at that rate, too. Doesn’t it require a kind of pressing of the keys?

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Gavinski, I doubt I could control expression, etc, at high speeds... and I wonder if I could play a Seaboard at that rate, too. Doesn’t it require a kind of pressing of the keys?

Yes, although light touches work well. It is very very easy to play a seaboard lightly, it takes more effort to play it with force, which means you are less likely to overdo expression, just as is the case with a real instrument. It is tiring to play a trumpet 'turned up to 11', so to speak. Same with a Seaboard! Morph can be played every very fast with minimal effort. Same with a Linnstrument I guess.

• I bet an expression pedal would really suit you for now, while you are waiting for Seaboards to come back into stock

• Thought you would enjoy this demo of someone playing jazz piano on a Linnstrument by the way!

• edited February 2021

He's playing Ravenscroft here btw!

• @Gavinski, I’ve seen the Linnstrument playing piano. Amazing stuff. But impossible for the elderly, I’m afraid.

• @Gavinski said:

Thought you would enjoy this demo of someone playing jazz piano on a Linnstrument by the way!

Nice one. I try to do this on iPad with Velocity Kb and ravenscroft, but it’s very difficult not to clam. Accuracy in that context is all founded on eyesight and often the fingers are in the way so you can’t see all the notes.

• I'm trying so hard NOT to put all these SWAM instruments but that Trumpet sounds so good.

I'll stick with my Frugal Horn as a 1st step.

Good lines in this one... smoking' hot solos.

• Thanks @McD, best grab the trumpet at the sale price, IMO.