Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Creating my own score for Red Dead Redemption 2

Wanted to start another play through of this amazing game. This time I wanted to add a foreboding texture to the game. We’ll see how it turns out.

Comments

• This is SO good. I have yet to play this game but going off the first game (and the undead nightmare) it’s perfect. I’d love to see the settings in each of the apps - I recently picked up Aparillo and Factory so I’m curious to see which sounds are coming from where. RC275 is unmistakable. What’s that first one on the first channel?

• Thank you, the first channel is FRMS. You should really dive in to this game. Probably my favorite of all time. Sometimes I get lost just fishing or just riding the horse through the mountains. No direction.

@mjcouche said:
    This is SO good. I have yet to play this game but going off the first game (and the undead nightmare) it’s perfect. I’d love to see the settings in each of the apps - I recently picked up Aparillo and Factory so I’m curious to see which sounds are coming from where. RC275 is unmistakable. What’s that first one on the first channel?

Which sports titles did/do you play? Ghost of Tsushima has the same intoxicating setting for me. So beautifully created.

@CapnWillie said:
    Nice. I love this game. Stepped away after a few days to hop into Ghost of Tsushima now I’m afraid I forgot RDR mechanics so I’ll have to start over.

These games are so engrossing it’s difficult to play 2 epic games at the same time. My curse for venturing away from playing sports titles exclusively.

I find new gen video games more compelling than watching movies or TVs. Essentially, you get the epic stories but gaming allows you to participate in the production.

I might have to make a 10 hour score now that I think about it.

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Probably my favorite of all time. Sometimes I get lost just fishing or just riding the horse through the mountains. No direction.

RDR2 is an amazing game no doubt! I’m going to have to play again as I forgot about the fishing!

My favorite of all time (not that anyone asked! 🤣) is No Man’s Sky... 18 quintillion planets to get lost on. Like RDR2, there’s a story which you can choose to be a part of... or not.

My favorite things to do in NMS include being a “Space Photographer” (amazing visuals and breathtaking vistas every time you turn around!), base or elaborate structure building which now includes the buildable and fully programmable “ByteBeat” device (FM synth with built in step sequencer), and cataloging and curating many of the billions of different types of fauna you may encounter. Most can be fed and “milked”. If you feed them the right things, you will “tame” them and then be able to mount them! Oh you can also wait for them to poop and go through their “dung” for “scientific reasons” lol

• @CapnWillie - I used to play madden but the online play has ruined the franchise aspect of it. The Show for me is the best sports title at the moment.

@Intrepolicious - beware, there is a fish you can not catch!

• Nice @iOSTRAKON - I’m not a gamer, but I enjoyed your score!

• My sons have been meaning to play legends but timing has been an issue. Looks awesome

@CapnWillie said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    @CapnWillie - I used to play madden but the online play has ruined the franchise aspect of it. The Show for me is the best sports title at the moment.

@Intrepolicious - beware, there is a fish you can not catch!

The Show definitely has the best franchise mode hands down.

The older I get the less I play anything online although Legends mode in GOT has me wishing I had more friends playing it online. I hear it increases the fun factor a lot.

Thanks, man! This “project” is making me dive into apps I haven’t touched in a while. To create some diversity from track to track. Madness and cohesion

@Halftone said:
    Nice @iOSTRAKON - I’m not a gamer, but I enjoyed your score!

• So, can you mod this into the game?

• I don’t have any experience with that. However, I was able to make my own playlist on Spotify on my PS4 which would play during the game. Just have to tweak the audio settings in the game.

I should be able to add the tracks to my PS4 if I don’t put this project on all the platforms.

@johnfromberkeley said:
    So, can you mod this into the game?

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    I was able to make my own playlist on Spotify on my PS4 which would play during the game.

Dude, that is awesome!

Pro-tip: Spotify playlists exist for all kinds of video game genres. "Racing playlist" "Shooting games"

Lotsa fun. iOS 14 has introduced Spotify ducking when you're also playing a game, so the volume is a lot lower. Ruined it for me.

• Damn, that sucks to hear. They better put an option to turn that off

@johnfromberkeley said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    I was able to make my own playlist on Spotify on my PS4 which would play during the game.

Dude, that is awesome!

Pro-tip: Spotify playlists exist for all kinds of video game genres. "Racing playlist" "Shooting games"

Lotsa fun. iOS 14 has introduced Spotify ducking when you're also playing a game, so the volume is a lot lower. Ruined it for me.

• Nice! Really love how effortless you make it look to layer things... and your output always gives me the impression that it was a conscious decision, not just a happy accident.
    I know it’s a lot to ask but I would really love to hear/see/learn/understand your process.