Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Need some help

edited February 12 in Off-topic

I would need, if possible, to set this piece to a fixed tempo (106bpm), the rhythm perfectly aligned with the click, I can't do it with the tools available on iPad (I tried with Cubasis Time stretch tool and BM3...).

I know that there are much better desktop tools to do this but I don't have a desktop...

Could a desktop owner help me?

A huge thank in advance 🙏

Ps : I will remove the file enclosed, for obvious copyright reasons. This one has been extracted from YouTube..

Comments

  • You may not want to bother as it sounds like you’ve frustrated some possibilities already, but what about Transcribe+?

    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/transcribe-slow-down-music/id1048119179

  • edited February 12

    A source BPM of 105.16 is probably as close as you can get. It is a bit loose though so if the intention is to mix this with a robot beat you would need to clean it up. (Especially at the end there, bar 93). Each slice is two bars here...

    The wrap markers in Auria Pro would probably be best if you wanted to really tighten it up (pesky humans).

  • edited February 12

    Do you know the original bpm? AudioStretch lets you adjust the speed in 0.01 Cent increments / decrements.

  • edited February 12

    @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Do you know the original bpm? AudioStretch lets you adjust the speed in 0.01 Cent increments / decrements.

    105.16 looks as close as possible but there is drift because, you know, humans.

  • edited February 12

    I've repitched the audio up slightly, getting it as close to 106bpm as possible without resorting to any warping. As AudioGus already said, the track seems to hover around the 105.1-105.2 bpm range.

    Wav download link (75mb):
    https://we.tl/t-plOtZXCnTi

    If you would prefer it stretched to 106bpm but kept at the same original pitch, let me know.

  • Oh that’s great, thank you @mjcouche @AudioGus @Philandering_Bastard and @tk32 🙏

    Actually, according to https://songbpm.com the real bpm should be 103 (I use this website everytime, great to keep in your bookmarks !)

    I just downloaded and tried your file @tk32, the full song file works perfectly on a few bars then it becomes out of tempo. So I sliced the wav and each part can be placed on the tempo. It’s a good start and very helpful (I’m supposed to recreated the drum part then bass and keyboard for a friend who’d like this as a backing track). Like @AudioGus said, human playing, the drum part is very groovy, many syncopes...

    Strangely, sometimes the drums played by humans are perfectly synchronous.

    What did you used @tk32 to do this ? I’m gonna use your .wav file as a starting point, the pattern is quite repetitive, it should be fine.

    A huge thank, again !!!

  • edited February 12

    I loaded it into my desktop DAW (Bitwig), and then re-pitched it by tiny amounts until it synced with the 106bpm metronome. There are probably more mathematically precise ways to do it, but this seemed good enough. I always prefer re-pitching to time stretching as you get the cleanest results.

    There is always a certain amount of sway with non-sequenced music like this. so even if you get the BPM almost 100% correct it is likely to drift after a minute or so.

  • edited February 12

    I've downloaded your audio @Philandering_Bastard but (by my calculations) it seems to be more in the range of 109-110bpm

  • edited February 12

    @tk32 said:
    I've downloaded your audio @Philandering_Bastard but (by my calculations) it seems to be more in the range of 109-110bpm

    Yah and the original certainly isn't 103. Those sites often get it wrong. I've got a few minutes now and can do a 106 BPM hardcore robomix in Samplitude. None beats shall escape. I'll even fix the breakdown that shrinks it weird.

    EDIT: oh looks like the original link is gone now.

  • edited February 12

    -

  • @tk32 said:
    I've downloaded your audio @Philandering_Bastard but (by my calculations) it seems to be more in the range of 109-110bpm

    Crap. I’m working off the source material being at 103 bpm. Target 106. I simply applied a mechanical speed increase of 1.03 (close enough to 1.02931blablabla).

    That’s probably a valid approach for techno. This type of audio maybe not.

  • yeah. probably would have worked if the source really was 103bpm. It isn't.

  • edited February 13

    @tk32 said:
    I loaded it into my desktop DAW (Bitwig), and then re-pitched it by tiny amounts until it synced with the 106bpm metronome. There are probably more mathematically precise ways to do it, but this seemed good enough. I always prefer re-pitching to time stretching as you get the cleanest results.

    There is always a certain amount of sway with non-sequenced music like this. so even if you get the BPM almost 100% correct it is likely to drift after a minute or so.

    I see.. I was expecting you did it with BM3 as I know you are mastering this app !

    Actually I’ve started to work with your file last night til 3AM and I’m pretty happy with it :

    I had to move the sample sometimes as I progressed through the song to re-synchronise it with the tempo, but works great!

    @Philandering_Bastard thank you ! I will try it too tonight (my today is home improvement, breaking the walls..! 😩) .. actually, I will probably need more precision for the hi-hats part... by using your file and tk32’s, it should be perfect 👌

    Thank you !! :))

    Edit : yeah ! slight shift in the first bar in the video

  • @BCKeys said:

    @Philandering_Bastard thank you ! I will try it too tonight (my today is home improvement, breaking the walls..! 😩) .. actually, I will probably need more precision for the hi-hats part... by using your file and tk32’s, it should be perfect 👌

    Thank you !! :))

    Edit : yeah ! slight shift in the first bar in the video

  • edited February 13

    ...whoops fixing

  • Looks like Audiogus just took a gun to a snowball fight :D

  • @tk32 said:
    Looks like Audiogus just took a gun to a snowball fight :D

    There was no other way. Had to call in Skynet to deal with these sloppy humans.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m3hxcwqsrge48tq/UBEZ_106_audiogus2.wav?dl=0

    (PS. do not trim the blank space at beginning!)

  • Oh so sorry it took me so long to come back to the forum !
    Thank you @AudioGus 🙏
    I will post the final result when I will have time to finish the song, still working on my house, rebuilding the floor structure of the whole stage, so exhausting lol

    @Philandering_Bastard yep, power tools are welcome ! 😁

Sign In or Register to comment.