Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

UDAGAN -- SNOW FOX track release

Hey all!
Quick request -- myself and Saydyy are publishing this video with a focus on Sakha (north Siberia, inside arctic circle) territory this week (it's for a day of national celebration called Sakha language day). We've gotten a few articles and interviews out in Sakha language, which has been fun! (have included a picture at the bottom of the post) Now it's time to share the track/video itself.

Would anyone be able help us out by quickly popping onto the unlisted video link below and leaving a quick comment or a thumbs up or such like, in aid of helping motivate/encourage further participation?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=d-FYETfuEX0

Thanks very much and I hope if you've not heard it yet, that you'll enjoy the track! There's a lot of music theory and music technology geekery going on here that I'm looking forward to speaking about and am going to share over the next few weeks alongside Saydyy's sharing about the cultural side of things (lyrics videos, translations, explanations etc.).

One of the Sakha Language articles:

Comments

• Lovely tune and great video, congrats and I hope it does well!

• @Krupa said:
    Lovely tune and great video, congrats and I hope it does well!

Thanks very much. We really appreciate it :)

• That was awesome! Defenitey wanna hear more of your music, and learn how you put the animations together.

• @aleyas said:
    That was awesome! Defenitey wanna hear more of your music, and learn how you put the animations together.

Thank you! Saydyy created the video -- she is an incredible illustrator and hand illustrated that video frame by frame in photoshop, using a tablet/stylus kind of setup. The concept and execution blew me away! She's planning to write and publish more information about the video concept/technique side of things, so I'll be sure to make sure that this information is shared on here!

• edited February 2021

@aleyas said:
    That was awesome! Defenitey wanna hear more of your music, and learn how you put the animations together.

Oh,
    ps.

A studio version of this jam session from 2019 is going to be the next track we release:

The jam session here used a mix of iOS synths sequenced with code (BM3 samplers, Model D, Mersenne, Ruismaker, Viking). The studio version is going to be a mix of Koala pad hitting with an MPD controller and some Moog analog sequencer clocks running (in addition to Jacks amazing guest piano skills, done remotely this time around!).

• This rules. It's like a low budget IC3PEAK

• Excellent - love the track...👍

• @OscarSouth said:
    Thank you! Saydyy created the video -- she is an incredible illustrator and hand illustrated that video frame by frame in photoshop, using a tablet/stylus kind of setup. The concept and execution blew me away! She's planning to write and publish more information about the video concept/technique side of things, so I'll be sure to make sure that this information is shared on here!

Woah - she's in Sheffield?! That's awesome! I'm just outside Sheffield (I have a Sheffield postcode). South Yorks FTW!

• edited February 2021

@louis said:
    This rules. It's like a low budget IC3PEAK

We just listened to a couple of their tracks and they have two new fans. Cool stuff! Very dark -- Saydyy loves that style particularly and is now continuing going through the rest of their repertoire.

• edited February 2021

@enkaytee said:
    Excellent - love the track...👍

Cheers! :D

@PeteSasqwax said:

@OscarSouth said:

Woah - she's in Sheffield?! That's awesome! I'm just outside Sheffield (I have a Sheffield postcode). South Yorks FTW!

We love it here!
    Come next year, we'll be back to actively gigging around South Yorkshire -- we're looking forward to it.

• @Gavinski said:
    Quality!

• Impressive! Sounds fresh and cool to my ears. Produce the stems and have people here have a go at it 😊

• @Frank303 said:
    Impressive! Sounds fresh and cool to my ears. Produce the stems and have people here have a go at it 😊

Thanks!
    That's a really cool idea and we'd be up for that. Would anyone be interested in something like that?

• @OscarSouth said:
    We love it here!
    Come next year, we'll be back to actively gigging around South Yorkshire -- we're looking forward to it.

Beautiful!

• @OscarSouth said:

@Frank303 said:
    Impressive! Sounds fresh and cool to my ears. Produce the stems and have people here have a go at it 😊

Thanks!
    That's a really cool idea and we'd be up for that. Would anyone be interested in something like that?

Sure, I would be happy to use some of the clean stems without fx added in some of my youtube tutorials to process myself with fx etc and would of course credit you. Here is a link to my channel in case you are unfamiliar with it https://youtube.com/c/Gavinski’sTutorials

• @OscarSouth said:

@enkaytee said:
    Excellent - love the track...👍

Cheers! :D

@PeteSasqwax said:

@OscarSouth said:

We love it here!

you should try and get a gig at the trades here in Hebden bridge, right up our street and not too far!

• This is a really nice track. Sounds great. I'll put my hand up 🙋 for a remix....

and then I clicked on a link to the electronic jews harp demo....I didn't know there was such a thing, I think I'm going to have to go find one of those....

• edited February 2021

Thanks so much with the help towards releasing our track everyone -- the effort has been overwhelmingly positive and totally uplifting! It's really helped out and we appreciate it a lot! We're going to hop onto an Instagram live stream at 3:30ish GMT (@saydyy_kuo_fedorova @oscarsouth) to talk about it, if anyone fancies chatting on there!

bandcamp link with lyrics and translation
    https://udagan.bandcamp.com/track/snow-fox

youtube premiere

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Plus plus!

@Gavinski said:

@OscarSouth said:

@Frank303 said:

Thanks!

Sure, I would be happy to use some of the clean stems without fx added in some of my youtube tutorials to process myself with fx etc and would of course credit you. Here is a link to my channel in case you are unfamiliar with it https://youtube.com/c/Gavinski’sTutorials

@arktek said:
    This is a really nice track. Sounds great. I'll put my hand up 🙋 for a remix....

and then I clicked on a link to the electronic jews harp demo....I didn't know there was such a thing, I think I'm going to have to go find one of those....

This is really exciting and ee're looking forward to it! :D
    I'll update this thread this afternoon with some links to download things.

Catch you in a bit!

• edited February 2021

@OscarSouth said:
    Thanks so much with the help towards releasing our track everyone -- the effort has been overwhelmingly positive and totally uplifting! It's really helped out and we appreciate it a lot! We're going to hop onto an Instagram live stream at 3:30ish GMT (@saydyy_kuo_fedorova @oscarsouth) to talk about it, if anyone fancies chatting on there!

bandcamp link with lyrics and translation
    https://udagan.bandcamp.com/track/snow-fox

youtube premiere

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Plus plus!

@Gavinski said:

@OscarSouth said:

@Frank303 said:

Thanks!

@arktek said:
    This is a really nice track. Sounds great. I'll put my hand up 🙋 for a remix....

This is really exciting and we're looking forward to it! :D
    I'll update this thread this afternoon with some links to download things.

Catch you in a bit!

Thanks again everyone! We had fun today streaming launch events and such like, and the response so far has been great. Good feelings all round!

Alright then, here's the multis from the track:

Tracks with processing:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2socr9dwv0xlbzu/AADO8EH9CTrF8aN-EvS4l2Gma?dl=0

Same tracks unprocessed:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pj505zvkskwzreb/AABOr5SHkybQ2U3L_E7_673aa?dl=0

Mixbus stems (maybe some of these grouped/processed busses will be useful creatively):
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7rvu84iunz1c515/AAD_D7QmWRDecb7N9J_F0S8Ua?dl=0

Go nuts however you want, and we'll do everything we can to share anything that you come up with! (we're also genuinely excited to hear it!

Here's an instrumental version link (mastered), for good measure! Maybe it'll be good for sample chopping or something (y'know .. I need to load this into Koala and see how it goes!):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxcytbri2pv2q4a/Hi Res_Snow Fox_vovmuted.1_Hi Res.wav?dl=0

• Sweet! Looking forward to checking these out

• Checking in here with 2 things!

First, we managed to pull in some bits of publicity in Sakha and this is a particularly cool one, so I’m sharing it. Three page article in a Sakha language paper with images and screenshots from the video! I love this stuff.

Second, I just spotted now that the instrumental master link I shared was not the instrumental. This is the correct link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxcytbri2pv2q4a/Hi Res_Snow Fox_vovmuted.1_Hi Res.wav?dl=0

In general let me know if there’s any issue with any of the links and I can sort it out.

• Thanks again for the help everyone! Bit of of an update on what's come back from this so far.

A radio interview went out today -- randomly, they chose a picture from our Instagram page of us posing with Grant Morrison (cool though, since we both love Grant's work):

If anyone can speak the indigenous Sakha language ( ;) ), then you can listen to it here:

Here's another few images from a lifestyle magazine article that just went to print this week (of course they had to get all the 'goss' about what we've been up to in our personal lives in there too!):

Finally..
    If anyone comes up with anything interesting from the multis that they'd like to share, let us know and we'll push it out to our outlets in the Sakha community.