Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

No drone unturned - Monolithic Undertow - new book about drone music

13»

Comments

• Oh great, I'll look forward to watching that documentary. I particularly like the first track on that album.

I've discovered all kinds of interesting stuff from that book,any very far away from what is commonly known as drone music, but interesting nevertheless. Here are just a few pretty interesting ones:

Laura Cannell
    (electroacoustic, brooding, influenced by early music)

Richard Dawson
    Peasant
    (experimental folk album, every song is told from the point of view of an imaginary narrator living in 6th century England. Prostitute and Beggar are standout tracks for me)

Gazelle Twin
    Pastoral
    (bit more electronic and industrial, very hard to define in terms of genre)

• Love me a good drone. I use Koala sampler, gauss, shoom, synthscaper LE and Fundamental of course!

• @Gavinski said:
    Oh great, I'll look forward to watching that documentary. I particularly like the first track on that album.

I've discovered all kinds of interesting stuff from that book,any very far away from what is commonly known as drone music, but interesting nevertheless. Here are just a few pretty interesting ones:

Richard Dawson
    Peasant
    (experimental folk album, every song is told from the point of view of an imaginary narrator living in 6th century England. Prostitute and Beggar are standout tracks for me)

Every time I hear the word peasant this scene from Blackadder pops up (@5m40s):

• @craftycurate said:
    In that Guardian article there is a link to an album by French musique concrète pioneer Eliane Radigue ... well worth a listen ... and there is also a great documentary about her, in which she discusses her creative process and influences.

Thanks for that video!

• edited March 2021

@Gavinski said:
    Oh great, I'll look forward to watching that documentary. I particularly like the first track on that album.

Also worth checking this out this work too ... it's deeeep ... I find that this kind of sound can help with mental focus. Radigue talks about her sonic landscapes acting as a kind of "mental mirror" that reflect states of mind. THink I know what she means.

• Loving this book, so much, I bought the iBooks version as well as the hardback so I can take it everywhere!

• @andowrites said:
    Loving this book, so much, I bought the iBooks version as well as the hardback so I can take it everywhere!

Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed it, well, 80 percent of it. There were a few chapters that weren't that interesting to me but more versatile of the genres than any problem with the book. My only nitpick would be the criminal overuse of the word 'discombobulation', which, in the week it took me to read this, I encountered more times than in the entire sum of my years on this earth, lol. Apart from that, would highly recommend it.

• @Gavinski said:

@andowrites said:
    Loving this book, so much, I bought the iBooks version as well as the hardback so I can take it everywhere!

Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed it, well, 80 percent of it. There were a few chapters that weren't that interesting to me but more versatile of the genres than any problem with the book. My only nitpick would be the criminal overuse of the word 'discombobulation', which, in the week it took me to read this, I encountered more times than in the entire sum of my years on this earth, lol. Apart from that, would highly recommend it.

discombobulate (v.)
    "to upset, embarrass," 1834, discombobricate, American English, fanciful mock-Latin coinage of a type popular then. Compare, on a similar pattern, confusticate (1852), absquatulate (1840), spifflicate "confound, beat" (1850), scrumplicate "eat" (1890). Related: discombobulating; discombobulation.

Excellent. Confusticate and scrumplicate will definitely make it into rotation.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Gavinski said:

@andowrites said:

discombobulate (v.)
    "to upset, embarrass," 1834, discombobricate, American English, fanciful mock-Latin coinage of a type popular then. Compare, on a similar pattern, confusticate (1852), absquatulate (1840), spifflicate "confound, beat" (1850), scrumplicate "eat" (1890). Related: discombobulating; discombobulation.

Imagining a fin-de-siecle Bart Simpson: "Scrumplicate my pantaloons, villain!"

Still waiting to even get a shipping notice on my copy of the book. Transatlantic ordering sucks.

• @celtic_elk said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@Gavinski said:

@andowrites said:

discombobulate (v.)

Imagining a fin-de-siecle Bart Simpson: "Scrumplicate my pantaloons, villain!”

Still waiting to even get a shipping notice on my copy of the book. Transatlantic ordering sucks.

At least you won the internet for today. “ Scrumplicate my pantaloons, villain!” is my new email sig.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Gavinski said:

@andowrites said:

discombobulate (v.)

He seems, though, to mostly use it as a synonym for tripping, stoned, plastered, etc. Splifficated and scrumpy-fied might be good alternatives then, indeed

• @Gavinski said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@Gavinski said:

@andowrites said:

discombobulate (v.)

He seems, though, to mostly use it as a synonym for tripping, stoned, plastered, etc. Splifficated and scrumpy-fied might be good alternatives then, indeed

So he mis-uses a fake word from the 1850s? I approve. Hail Eris!

• Just thought I would mention a couple of apps here.
    DroneLab is obviously new and has been mentioned in its own thread recently. Already produces some nice sounds and hopefully will be developed further.
    CuSnP is a bit older but is free (as are other great apps by a very generous developer) and can produce some great sounds. Used it here fed with a single instance of SWAM French Horn being played by Piano Motifs https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/942878/#Comment_942878

• @Gavinski said:
    This album has some excellent ambient / drone / jazz

Wow @Gavinski how did I not know about this guy? Fantastic music and he played with Bill Frisell and also signed to ECM? I'm in. Thanks for sharing

• @Gavinski planxty rock! :) 💚