Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Doctor Dee // dark matter

Been immersed in Elizabethan England recently. Extremely interesting character indeed was olde John Dee

Comments

• edited February 2021

Oh, yes. Astronomer. Astrologer. Alchemist. Mathematician.Magician. Really put the renaissance into renaissance man. And owner of an obsidian scrying stone, as well. Obviously:

https://www.bl.uk/collection-items/john-dees-spirit-mirror

:)

Interesting evocation of him.

“ The isle is full of noises,
    Sounds, and sweet airs, that give delight, and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices,
    That if I then had waked after long sleep
    Will make me sleep again; and then in dreaming
    The clouds methought would open and show riches
    Ready to drop upon me, that when I waked
    I cried to dream again."

• @Svetlovska said:
    Oh, yes. Astronomer. Astrologer. Alchemist. Mathematician.Magician. Really put the renaissance into renaissance man. And owner of an obsidian scrying stone, as well. Obviously:

https://www.bl.uk/collection-items/john-dees-spirit-mirror

:)

Interesting evocation of him.

“ The isle is full of noises,
    Sounds, and sweet airs, that give delight, and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices,
    That if I then had waked after long sleep
    Will make me sleep again; and then in dreaming
    The clouds methought would open and show riches
    Ready to drop upon me, that when I waked
    I cried to dream again."

Yep certainly a man for all seasons. A rather sad demise.
    Yeah he was apparently the inspiration for Prospero wasn’t he?

• edited February 2021

Indeed . A death in poverty, his books and artefacts stolen; or a broken staff, and his books of power drowned. Dee and Prospero had quite a bit in common...Fascinating character!

I write a bit of fiction, and, influenced heavily by Dee’s ambiguous status as scientific polymath and supernatural savant, my main protagonist, Rackham, is a modern day assassin cum warlock for hire who sees supernatural forces the way Dee appears to have done - forces as real as discovered science, dangerous, and capable of influencing events in the real world in absolutely concrete ways.

I aspire to evoke something like the depiction of magic in that marvellous and unique fantasy novel Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, which captures something that Dee would have recognised: magic as a battlefield weapon as real as artillery, or as subtle as a stiletto...

Also, given Caliban’s observations re sounds and sweet airs making him sleep - can we sign Shakespeare up as an early advocate of ambient? ;)