Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Frippertonics

edited April 2014 in General App Discussion

A great video with Robert Fripp. A great take on music making.

Thanks to @Thinds for introducing me to this.

Comments

• No worries. If you haven't come across it before here is more brilliance from 1973. An album that should be in everyone's collection. Mr Fripp comes in around the 2.30 mark. I won't post the other track, Swastika Girls, as it will probably start crashing the browsers.

• And don't forget - the latest update to Aufx:dub came with a sweet new Frippertronics preset - had lots of fun with that!

• Really! I hadn't noticed that. Gotta go look right now. Thanks @Halftone

• edited April 2014

That must be included in the downloaded preset pack #4. ;)

• If not Dub, the Aufx space

• It's Dub, and I've never downloaded any separate preset packs, everything was bundled.

• Loopy also added a feedback feature last year which enables frippertronics style looping.

• Yes, it's in the presets. I just hadn't noticed it.

• @thinds

Wow, that song you posted by those two was intense. Love how they drift in and out of unison towards the end. That tune seems to distort space and time. You have inspired me for a second time, and I'll take all of that I can get.

• Glad you liked it @WMWM. Showing my age, but that made a huge impression on me as a 15 year old boy. I had never heard anything like it. The follow up in 75 is pretty cool too.

• @thinds a little younger (only a little!) but at 15 in the mid eighties both of those eno/fripp collabs melted my face. I started looping with answering machine cassettes soon after.

• Lol. I have this image of you phoning people when they're out and filling their answering machines with your musical noodlings...

• edited April 2014

8-} ..... Honey, why are there 17 new messages from that friend of yours.

• That was you?? I've been wondering about that for years!

• @PaulB said:

Lol. I have this image of you phoning people when they're out and filling their answering machines with your musical noodlings...

:) I actually had a friend with whom I did that back and forth for years.

Sorry @funjunkie27 but they were really good songs, right?

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/endless-loop-cassette I used to find cheap 30-90 second versions of them. Pop it into a 4-track == good times. http://www.loopers-delight.com/tips/multitrack.html

Anyone remember the They Might Be Giants dial-a-song line? Call their number and hear a new song every week.

• The ones I heard were mostly Turkish love ballads.

• Yeah, those.