Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patchbay audio routing

Dear Audiobus-community,

you have been helpful before, so please forgive my amateurish sketch, I hope it helps to outline my problem:
I would like to hook up my ever-growing synth-collection at least semi-permanently to an audio interface to be able to do multitrack recordings. Until now my synths were connected to a mixer and I only recorded the sum into a two channel audio interface, which made post processing rather difficult.

Anyway, I ordered the Behringer UMC1820, so multi channel recording is covered. I will do the mixing in Logic on my Mac or AUM on the iPad. As I like to use the internal sequencers of my synths or the Circuit as a hub as well my idea is to hook up everything through a patchbay and route the outputs through the mixer additionally. As I understand the concepts of patchbays, this would be possible by configuring the patchbay as half-normalized and hook up the mixer as follows:

So by configuring ports 21-24 as normalized and connecting the pink cables on the front to connect my speakers to the mixer when needed, could I use the mixer for just noodling DAW-less?

I hope I made myself clear. Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help you can offer.

Comments