Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Something new from FAC Drumkit.

Comments

• @wim said:

@vasilymilovidov said:
    main words i want to use when describing drumkit are focused, functional and well-balanced.

You forgot game and changing.

... oh and pro.

oh come on, i’m being honest!
    ok, i want my money back because it can’t autoslice my guitar loops and doesn’t have a nice reverb. better?

• IS THERE A RANDOM BUTTON

• wimwim
    edited June 2021

@vasilymilovidov said:

@wim said:

@vasilymilovidov said:
    main words i want to use when describing drumkit are focused, functional and well-balanced.

... oh and pro.

oh come on, i’m being honest!
    ok, i want my money back because it can’t autoslice my guitar loops and doesn’t have a nice reverb. better?

I was just messing with you. 😂

I totally agree. Having gotten an early look at Hammerhead, and the previews for this one, got me to thinking about the difference between these and Drum Computer. I'm in awe of the power of Drum Computer, but I can't honestly say it's fun for me to use. I know I can make virtually any drum sound sound I want with it, but it's a lot of not very fun work to get there. With these there's a wide enough range of sounds that can be made but in a much more immediate and enjoyable way.

• @wim said:

I'm in awe of the power of Drum Computer, but I can't honestly say it's fun for me to use.

Of course, it's a computer! 😄

• After watching a few of the videos i came here to see if there were plans to add a PADS view. And sure enough, Fred is on it and has it in his To Do list. +1 for pads. velocity sensitive would be a bonus.

• @BitterGums said:
    After watching a few of the videos i came here to see if there were plans to add a PADS view. And sure enough, Fred is on it and has it in his To Do list. +1 for pads. velocity sensitive would be a bonus.

Velocity to levels has to be on the road map surely, pretty important. Otherwise I like what see, I'm happy enough it's just the drum generators and not the entire infrastructure. Fits the modular workflow of AUv3.

• I'll take FAC DrumKit for what it is today and consider the rest a 'bonus'.
    Would not mind if the extras are IAPs just like some features in FAC Bandit were.

All FAC Apps are a pure pleasure to use and and are well worth it!

Sometimes I'm just annoyed by my 'geek side' that always seems to find things that would be nice to have but not always essential. (I remember when Ruismaker was released and I wanted 'more control'. Now I appreciate its 'simplicity' with well stroked balance between control, functionality and sound, love it!).

Looking forward to taking FAC Drumkit for a spin on Friday :)

Cheers!

• @vasilymilovidov said:
    i'm a bit crazy so my drumkit rack looks like this at the moment :D

and as a drambo-based sequencer i use this amazing rack
    https://patchstorage.com/klevgrand-seq/

Wow. This sequencer rack is insane!. Thanks for sharing. The only thing that seems to be “klevgrand” about it is the note mapping, everything else should work for whatever drum app. I’m gonna try and expose the note parameter to use it everywhere.

• edited June 2021

@tahiche said:

@vasilymilovidov said:

Wow. This sequencer rack is insane!. Thanks for sharing. The only thing that seems to be “klevgrand” about it is the note mapping, everything else should work for whatever drum app. I’m gonna try and expose the note parameter to use it everywhere.

Glad you're both enjoying it! <3
    Unfortunately the original name I chose during upload is stuck on the link, even after I renamed it to 'Dynamic Drums'. Should've made it more clear that this can be used with any midi drum machines or hardware!

And you're right, note mapping is the only Klev thing about it, but a little midi transpose module after the rack will fix that right up. If you'd like, I can expose a 'midi note #' parameter in the rack to make it even more simple :)

(btw, can't wait to try the seq with FAC Drum also)

• @aleyas said:
    And you're right, note mapping is the only Klev thing about it, but a little midi transpose module after the rack will fix that right up. If you'd like, I can expose a 'midi note #' parameter in the rack to make it even more simple :)

That would be great - I’d like to use it without a midi transpose workaround, thanks for the great sequencer!

• @yokotate said:

@aleyas said:

That would be great - I’d like to use it without a midi transpose workaround, thanks for the great sequencer!

Will do!

• @Samu said:
    I'll take FAC DrumKit for what it is today and consider the rest a 'bonus'.
    Would not mind if the extras are IAPs just like some features in FAC Bandit were.

All FAC Apps are a pure pleasure to use and and are well worth it!

Sometimes I'm just annoyed by my 'geek side' that always seems to find things that would be nice to have but not always essential. (I remember when Ruismaker was released and I wanted 'more control'. Now I appreciate its 'simplicity' with well stroked balance between control, functionality and sound, love it!).

Looking forward to taking FAC Drumkit for a spin on Friday :)

Cheers!

Maybe @Samu should have a 24 hour block before posting about new releases 😂

More seriously, as a software developer constructive criticism is really valuable! At a minimum it helps you to re-evaluate conscious design choices, but often turns up ideas that weren’t even thought about.

• @wim said:

@vasilymilovidov said:

... oh and pro.

😂 👏

I can’t wait for this, exactly what I’ve wanted for drums for a long time.

• @tahiche said:

@vasilymilovidov said:

it will become even more insane with the next drambo update which will allow to set individual speeds for tracks. hope it will be soon.

• @vasilymilovidov said:

@tahiche said:

@vasilymilovidov said:

it will become even more insane with the next drambo update which will allow to set individual speeds for tracks. hope it will be soon.

Man, I've literally had dreams about the next Drambo update. This has been the longest period without an update since release. I'm checking daily waiting for my fix haha.

• @aleyas said:

@vasilymilovidov said:

@tahiche said:

@vasilymilovidov said:

Man, I've literally had dreams about the next Drambo update. This has been the longest period without an update since release. I'm checking daily waiting for my fix haha.

yeah, i know how you feel. but my wet dreams mainly consist of proper 32bit per track recording/export.

• I don’t mean to hijack this thread, as I hope FAC releases this early like he has done in the past.

But I gave Drambo a spin to familiarize myself with it for sequencing before this came out and fell down the wormhole. With the wavetables and analog filters, it sounds so much better, and it’s a lot of fun (if not the most productive way of getting actual work done).

• @oat_phipps said:
    I don’t mean to hijack this thread, as I hope FAC releases this early like he has done in the past.

But I gave Drambo a spin to familiarize myself with it for sequencing before this came out and fell down the wormhole. With the wavetables and analog filters, it sounds so much better, and it’s a lot of fun (if not the most productive way of getting actual work done).

Once it gets stem export and the ability to record performances, it may be all I ever use as a host. So incredibly useful, especially on the fly

• @oat_phipps said:
    I don’t mean to hijack this thread, as I hope FAC releases this early like he has done in the past.

see, nothing to be afraid of :D
    and actually i think drambo is the host i choose to get something done. aum is the experimental one for me.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hope those pads send MIDI out into the sequencer

• @realdawei said:

Hope those pads send MIDI out into the sequencer

Yes midi out and velocity sensitive.

So basically forget about the last part of the excellent live show performed by @thesoundtestroom
    It's not more required to use the drum pads of Cubasis :)

• Looks great!! I’m EG Pulse user but I like the combination of synthesis and samples. Would also be great to have an ableton drum rack import,

• Bonus: Version 1.1 approved, so you will get last features I've implemented in the pre order period too :)

Drum PADs for example

Documentation updated as well with missing information, give it a read.

http://fredantoncorvest.com/FAC_Drumkit.html

Pre Order: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fac-drumkit/id1552568814

• @FredAntonCorvest said:
    Bonus: Version 1.1 approved, so you will get last features I've implemented in the pre order period too :)

Drum PADs for example

Documentation updated as well with missing information, give it a read.

http://fredantoncorvest.com/FAC_Drumkit.html

Pre Order: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fac-drumkit/id1552568814

Your apps always look different to all my other apps. I like it!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @FredAntonCorvest Will the intro price go up immediately after tomorrows release or will it linger for a couple days?

• edited June 2021

It will take some time to adjust to the randomly rotated hexagons...

I know it's intentional by design but reminds be a bit of these...
    https://www.ranker.com/list/62-images-that-will-trigger-your-ocd/brian-gilmore
    ...and is a potential OCD trigger for me so I'll likely just hide the pads and/or use another app to trigger the sounds.

Cheers!

• Interesting page, all those images just bring an involuntary smile to my face

• @Krupa said:
    Interesting page, all those images just bring an involuntary smile to my face

Yeah, but for me it's more like when something is intentionally 'not right' it can get a bit annoying.
    Accidents can and do happen and then it's more 'fun'.

Imagine you bought a controller and each button/key had a different size or the pads on a grid-controller weren't in straight lines. Sure I'll get used to it and mostly use a sequencer to trigger the sounds anyway :)