Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Something new from FAC Drumkit.

Comments

• @Poppadocrock said:

@Samu said:
    So the videos with FAC Drumkit start to pop up...

For some reason, the video was removed from YouTube

Oops, good catch :)
    It was up for about an hour or so...
    (I'll clear the post).

• @Poppadocrock said:

@Samu said:

It now says video unavailable.

Video is back now using Atom 2 instead of Helium :)

(It's tight!)

• @Samu said:

Here it's clearly audible how BAD/Sloppy the timing of Helium is...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=>; @Samu said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@Samu said:

(It's tight!)

Wow. That says a lot.

• Count me in for the 'pre-order cue' :)

Next apps in the cue are TB Polyphony and HammerHead when ever they drop..

• @Samu said:
    Count me in for the 'pre-order cue' :)

Yes, TB Polyphony for me also.

• @Samu said:
    Count me in for the 'pre-order cue' :)

Right there with you @Samu

• @gusgranite said:

@Samu said:

Here it's clearly audible how BAD/Sloppy the timing of Helium is...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=>; @Samu said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@Samu said:

(It's tight!)

Wow. That says a lot.

Too bad the video was removed. I mean, it would be great to have more of this kind of info (genuine criticism of existing functionality) as well, not just the hype or lamentations about more features that could be added. As it is, you need to watch out for comments from @Samu and @xor etc. like a hawk in order to learn about stuff that's currently implemented incorrectly in the apps. :)

• edited June 2021

@Jumpercollins could you please add a link to the OP for the App Store's page for this?

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fac-drumkit/id1552568814

• Can the 16 voices be mapped to specific MIDI controller notes?

• edited June 2021

@ashh said:
    @Jumpercollins could you please add a link to the OP for the App Store's page for this?

@ashh It’s not letting me change the title or update the thread with the link as it’s date expired.

• edited June 2021

@wexy said:
    Can the 16 voices be mapped to specific MIDI controller notes?

Yessir! Starts at C1

• Yes starting at C1 or C2, depends on the host.

Here with Atom

Also here (I really love this one!)

• @FredAntonCorvest How is the 1s limit determined on import?
    (This since there is quite a difference in size comparing 1s @44.1k and 1s @96k or even 1s @192k and messing with the sample-rate without re-sampling would in theory make it possible to squeeze in longer samples and then tune them to correct playback speed).

• @Samu
    Great idea ! the SP1200 trick to get longer samples into the 10 sec limit

@Samu said:
    @FredAntonCorvest How is the 1s limit determined on import?
    (This since there is quite a difference in size comparing 1s @44.1k and 1s @96k or even 1s @192k and messing with the sample-rate without re-sampling would in theory make it possible to squeeze in longer samples and then tune them to correct playback speed).

• edited June 2021

@joniqwest said:
    @Samu
    Great idea ! the SP1200 trick to get longer samples into the 10 sec limit

@Samu said:
    @FredAntonCorvest How is the 1s limit determined on import?

But the envelopes don’t go long enough to exploit that, unless the release tail can somehow exceed the 1s envelope period.

edit: Fwiw, I dont think it’s an arbitrary sample length limit - it’s en envelope length limit. On thinking about the app’s philosophy I now feel quite fine with that. I know FAC has a game plan for future development, so let’s see what will come eventually.

• It's going to be a looooong wait until Friday the 11th when FAC Drumkit drops :)
    That it unless it drops earlier which I would not mind at all hehe...

• me messing around and ruining some hihats

• Doug's Streaming in ~10 minutes or so...

• Are the buttons above the envelope edit page just different stages of the envelope?

• @Ailerom said:
    Are the buttons above the envelope edit page just different stages of the envelope?

they are buttons for different envelope edit pages

• Ok, as in pitch/amp I guess. Thanks. Probably obvious to some but not me......yet.

• edited June 2021

@Ailerom said:
    Ok, as in pitch/amp I guess. Thanks. Probably obvious to some but not me......yet.

yep, in order: synth pitch, osc1 amp, osc2 amp, sampler pitch, sampler amp.

they also work as dropdown menus for envelope presets

• @Jumpercollins said:

@ashh said:

@ashh It’s not letting me change the title or update the thread with the link as it’s date expired.

Bugger. Oh well, thanks for trying.

• Is pitch envelope unnecessary for each oscillator? I would have though pitch envelope would a per oscillator feature.

• @Ailerom said:
    Is pitch envelope unnecessary for each oscillator? I would have though pitch envelope would a per oscillator feature.

osc1 and osc2 have the same envelope, but you can apply pitch ratio to it for osc2

• tbh it’s tempting to compare drumkit to some of the elektron machines. like digitone, digitakt or model:cycles. there’re not a lot of parameters, but all of them are super clear, easy to manipulate and they give you immediate results. main words i want to use when describing drumkit are focused, functional and well-balanced.

• wimwim
    edited June 2021

@vasilymilovidov said:
    main words i want to use when describing drumkit are focused, functional and well-balanced.

You forgot game and changing.

... oh and pro.

• Does it per chance have midi mappable controls for the active channel? One thing I really liked about Ruismaker and RuismakerFM was that there was a dedicated midi implementation for the active (selected) channel.

Pre-Ordered. :-)