Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Something new from FAC Drumkit.

1246726

Comments

  • @ehehehe said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    @vasilymilovidov said:
    i think it leans towards organic sound, some digital/analog blend and i don’t really like that kind of sound.

    Very much this! Sometimes I'll cook something up in DC and I'll hear something in my monitors that I think is a weird bassline or keyboard part anomaly and then I isolate the murky warm tones and it's the kick drum flubbing away, hiding behind two other thwacky sounds. So, yeah, you have to like "that sound".

    Wouldn’t disabling oscillators and just removing those sounds still make it a pretty flexible option, especially on this platform? Or what are the options, except for this when released? My Analog Rytm is the closest in workflow but the synthesis options make for a much smaller, albeit more traditional electronic, sweetspot.

    That exactly what I do. I just dial down the sounds I don't like or shorten the resonator/envelope/whatever until I sits right in the mix. The kick is definitely one area where you have to know how DC actually works.

  • Seekbeats def looks cool, but I think it overlaps a bit with DC sonically except for the kick, which I actually prefer from the ancient iMS-20 (+DC = industrial strength and alive kicks). I will stop derailing (is that even a thing on here) this thread with DC praise and keep waiting for the release.

  • Drum Computer sucks

    Stop asking for apps to randomize and do all the work/fun stuff for you

    My prayers have been answered. Will definitely be bumping an FAC LinnDrum. Peace, Patterning. Gotta get with the times

  • @oat_phipps said:
    Drum Computer sucks

    Stop asking for apps to randomize and do all the work/fun stuff for you

    My prayers have been answered. Will definitely be bumping an FAC LinnDrum. Peace, Patterning. Gotta get with the times

    LinnDrum sucks! Stop asking for drums that take you back 30-40 years. :p

  • I want this now

  • @lukesleepwalker said:

    @oat_phipps said:
    Drum Computer sucks

    Stop asking for apps to randomize and do all the work/fun stuff for you

    My prayers have been answered. Will definitely be bumping an FAC LinnDrum. Peace, Patterning. Gotta get with the times

    LinnDrum sucks! Stop asking for drums that take you back 30-40 years. :p

    Still sounds as timeless as ever

  • @oat_phipps said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    @oat_phipps said:
    Drum Computer sucks

    Stop asking for apps to randomize and do all the work/fun stuff for you

    My prayers have been answered. Will definitely be bumping an FAC LinnDrum. Peace, Patterning. Gotta get with the times

    LinnDrum sucks! Stop asking for drums that take you back 30-40 years. :p

    Still sounds as timeless as ever

    If you are Prince.

  • @lukesleepwalker said:

    @oat_phipps said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    @oat_phipps said:
    Drum Computer sucks

    Stop asking for apps to randomize and do all the work/fun stuff for you

    My prayers have been answered. Will definitely be bumping an FAC LinnDrum. Peace, Patterning. Gotta get with the times

    LinnDrum sucks! Stop asking for drums that take you back 30-40 years. :p

    Still sounds as timeless as ever

    If you are Prince.

    I am. I spell it Prints though.

  • “DrumComputer sucks” is laughable

    Mofo isn’t using it right

  • @oat_phipps said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    @oat_phipps said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    @oat_phipps said:
    Drum Computer sucks

    Stop asking for apps to randomize and do all the work/fun stuff for you

    My prayers have been answered. Will definitely be bumping an FAC LinnDrum. Peace, Patterning. Gotta get with the times

    LinnDrum sucks! Stop asking for drums that take you back 30-40 years. :p

    Still sounds as timeless as ever

    If you are Prince.

    I am. I spell it Prints though.

    Weird, I used to go by that.

  • glad to see FAC turning his wonderfully tuneful ears to an instrument ... I'm hoping we'll see some of the dynamics and sound control embodied in the Fx apps. Wonderfully versatile gadgets, I use them-all over the place ... FAC Transient makes a choir sound like they really mean it.
    Don't see any evidence of a randomiser in there from this teaser ... I do like a bit of wild behaviour from my percussion sections... a bit of Keith Moon - within limits. Can't wait to explore this... sure it'll be quite unique.

  • @vasilymilovidov said:

    @ehehehe said:

    What options do you prefer on ios?

    @soundtemple said:
    @vasilymilovidov out of curiosity what is your preferred drum synthesis app on iOS if not a DC fan?

    i use seekbeats (yeah, even a non-auv3 app is better than DC for me) and a microtonic replica in drambo.

    The microtonic replica patch was what made me buy Drambo. I loved uTonic back in the day and have found Drambo to be great for drums because I can build them exactly how I like them. It's a very close alternative for me.

  • @Edward_Alexander said:

    Btw, I’d be happy to share my DC presets if anyone wants them.

    Yes please!

  • @soundtemple said:

    @vasilymilovidov said:

    @ehehehe said:

    What options do you prefer on ios?

    @soundtemple said:
    @vasilymilovidov out of curiosity what is your preferred drum synthesis app on iOS if not a DC fan?

    i use seekbeats (yeah, even a non-auv3 app is better than DC for me) and a microtonic replica in drambo.

    The microtonic replica patch was what made me buy Drambo. I loved uTonic back in the day and have found Drambo to be great for drums because I can build them exactly how I like them. It's a very close alternative for me.

    What’s the patch called?

  • @SimonSomeone said:

    @Edward_Alexander said:

    Btw, I’d be happy to share my DC presets if anyone wants them.

    Yes please!

    Just gotta figure out how now

  • @ExAsperis99 said:

    @soundtemple said:

    @vasilymilovidov said:

    @ehehehe said:

    What options do you prefer on ios?

    @soundtemple said:
    @vasilymilovidov out of curiosity what is your preferred drum synthesis app on iOS if not a DC fan?

    i use seekbeats (yeah, even a non-auv3 app is better than DC for me) and a microtonic replica in drambo.

    The microtonic replica patch was what made me buy Drambo. I loved uTonic back in the day and have found Drambo to be great for drums because I can build them exactly how I like them. It's a very close alternative for me.

    What’s the patch called?

    Ah, I was spelling it DrambotRonic. It’s just Drambotonic on Patchstorage. It looks very much like SeekBeats.

  • edited May 2021

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    @oat_phipps said:
    Drum Computer sucks

    Stop asking for apps to randomize and do all the work/fun stuff for you

    My prayers have been answered. Will definitely be bumping an FAC LinnDrum. Peace, Patterning. Gotta get with the times

    LinnDrum sucks! Stop asking for drums that take you back 30-40 years. :p

    The problem is a lot of the software drums still aren’t even as good as a LinnDrum. LOL.

  • @AudioGus said:

    @oat_phipps said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    @oat_phipps said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    @oat_phipps said:
    Drum Computer sucks

    Stop asking for apps to randomize and do all the work/fun stuff for you

    My prayers have been answered. Will definitely be bumping an FAC LinnDrum. Peace, Patterning. Gotta get with the times

    LinnDrum sucks! Stop asking for drums that take you back 30-40 years. :p

    Still sounds as timeless as ever

    If you are Prince.

    I am. I spell it Prints though.

    Weird, I used to go by that.

    The artist formerly known as Prints?

  • edited May 2021

    @ExAsperis99 Glad you found it. It's based on this vst https://soniccharge.com/microtonic

    For some fun scroll down and check out the patternarium and press play. You can hear machine generated patches and patterns. Each season a new crop is harvested based on votes from the last crop. You can even copy past patches including the patterns from the website and paste them into the vst. https://soniccharge.com/patternarium

  • Do we know when this might drop?

  • @reasOne said:
    Do we know when this might drop?

    he said he was on the last lap, so hopefully pretty soon. ?

  • @eross said:

    @reasOne said:
    Do we know when this might drop?

    he said he was on the last lap, so hopefully pretty soon. ?

    Whats an iap tho LOL i don’t know

  • i think he was submitting it for a review, so i guess it’s gonna be very soon

  • I’m sure beta testers would have an idea, but they’re probably restricted from discussing the matter.

  • My money is ready for an instabuy

  • @Fingolfinzz said:
    My money is ready for an instabuy

    same here

  • @eross said:

    @Fingolfinzz said:
    My money is ready for an instabuy

    same here

    we are a bunch 😎

  • FAC has earned my complete blind loyalty. It’s impossible to picture anything this guy makes would ever be poor. He makes, I buy 😂 Very excited for his first instrument!

  • @vasilymilovidov said:
    i think he was submitting it for a review, so i guess it’s gonna be very soon

    That’s not accurate, just wait, release date not yet fixed. 😉

  • @Gavinski said:

    @vasilymilovidov said:
    i think he was submitting it for a review, so i guess it’s gonna be very soon

    That’s not accurate, just wait, release date not yet fixed. 😉

    Is that a subliminal way of telling us that you're already working on a video for it? :D

Sign In or Register to comment.