Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Something new from FAC Drumkit.

Comments

• @god what does that mean multi out?

• @Poppadocrock said:
    @god what does that mean multi out?

I think so, looks like it.

• edited November 2022

@FredAntonCorvest, any idea when the macOS version might be coming?

• @god said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Drum kit already multi-out but looks like this allows you to choose the drum bus for each pad independently. Really helpful for grouping tracks, looking forward to the update.

• @auxmux said:

@god said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Drum kit already multi-out but looks like this allows you to choose the drum bus for each pad independently. Really helpful for grouping tracks, looking forward to the update.

Oh, I see. Thank you for the correction.

• @auxmux said:

@god said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Good spot @auxmux this will be really handy!

• @FredAntonCorvest said:

• External Midi CC Pitch Modulation (Max 3 pts or Env)

Anyone know how this works from a previous update? I thought we had envelope automation when I read that and was about to try it, but realised this is something else.

• Hey everyone- using Drambo standalone, how to I jam on the Fac drumkit pads and have it record midi into drambo? I can jam on built in keyboard in drambo and record midi, but I really like using the Fac drumkit built in pads in the plugin. I also really like the built in midi in drambo (I don’t want to record into Atom or something). I can’t figure it out, can anyone help?

• @cvwonder Afaik Drambo doesnt record midi yet. The workaround is send the midi out of the app and then have another app send it back. Ive not done it myself but that's my understanding. A bit fiddly!

When this was an issue in Cubasis and a few other apps the solution was blue mangoo midi tools. Not sure if that is still the case.

• Thanks @Richtowns ! I find it incredibly funny that after years of drambo being the solution to everything, the first thing I try to do in drambo is not so easily done! I’ll look into midi tools and see where that gets me.

• @auxmux said:

@god said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I thought so. Right after I typed that I thought, hold up, that’s not new, lol.

• @NeuM said:

The version is ready but there are some issues related to macOS hosts that bother me (Logic Pro And Ableton). I've reported the issues (UI, midi, multi bus...) and I'm waiting feedback. It will be my pleasure to offer you an access to the TestFlight Beta version of course.

• edited November 2022

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@NeuM said:

The version is ready but there are some issues related to macOS hosts that bother me (Logic Pro And Ableton). I've reported the issues (UI, midi, multi bus...) and I'm waiting feedback. It will be my pleasure to offer you an access to the TestFlight Beta version of course.

Thank you for the update. I'm sure there will be plenty of people here available to beta test, but I no longer do that due to prior problems which affected my workflow (and I should note it wasn't due to one of your beta tests). Looking forward to seeing DrumKit on desktop!

• Here an overview of the incoming FAC Drumkit iOS update (will be released very soon), it's more a maintenance update but I decided to add some new features as well to thank you for your support. There is no custom midi mapping in this version because I plan another update (later) which may include an embedded sequencer as well.

• Addition of multi outputs group (Popover instead of Toggle)
    • Addition of output destination info in the level sliders title (Voice Page)
    • Addition of value group change for OSC 1&2 levels (Long touch gesture)
    • Addition of a different colour for the sample section
    • Fix custom voice name not synced between pages
    • Fix impossible to export presets containing same samples across different voices
    • General Ul improvement
    • Various fixes and improvement

http://fredantoncorvest.com/FAC_Drumkit.html

• @FredAntonCorvest said:
    Here an overview of the incoming FAC Drumkit iOS update (will be released very soon), it's more a maintenance update but I decided to add some new features as well to thank you for your support. There is no custom midi mapping in this version because I plan another update (later) which may include an embedded sequencer as well.

http://fredantoncorvest.com/FAC_Drumkit.html

“Embedded sequencer”

YES! 😎👍🏼

• Looks great. Groups is major and ui stuff like different sample colour is good idea. A very basic sequencer down the line would definitely help for sound design also. Great work.

• edited November 2022

@cvwonder said:
    Thanks @Richtowns ! I find it incredibly funny that after years of drambo being the solution to everything, the first thing I try to do in drambo is not so easily done! I’ll look into midi tools and see where that gets me.

Indeed this is among the most requested features and the only reason why it wasn't implemented yet is that due to Drambo's routing concept, it would introduce a 10ms delay that some folks might complain about.

• @FredAntonCorvest would you consider adding the ability to save presets in the standalone app? Thanks!

• Update is live! Thank you @FredAntonCorvest 🙏
    Liking the route by category option for multi-out..

• +1 on the route by catergory, nice touch. Thank you, tipped 👍🏻

• Good evening,

im not really sure if my question is a FAC Drumkit question, or rather a question for the Drambo thread. If i want use Multi Out in Drambo, eg. to add some Reverb or Delay on a certain Sound, i do the following:

It works on Bram Bos apps like this, why is it not working for FAC DK ? Is there anything i need to change in Drumkits settings ?

Thank you and merry christmas.

• @FredAntonCorvest
    Is there a way to not have presets (either complete kits or per sound) NOT overwrite the audio routing?

I set up all this fancy routing, but then I can’t use any presets because each kit or sound seems to reset routing to main… 😢

I don’t understand why this is the default behavior, so maybe I’m missing something?

• Anyone know if Fred (FAC) is still planning on bringing Drumkit to macOS? He hinted this was happening in a social media post last year.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    @FredAntonCorvest
    Is there a way to not have presets (either complete kits or per sound) NOT overwrite the audio routing?

I set up all this fancy routing, but then I can’t use any presets because each kit or sound seems to reset routing to main… 😢

I don’t understand why this is the default behavior, so maybe I’m missing something?

+1 for a fix/solution for this. It also resets the volume which most of time isn’t desirable.
    Another minor thing is when changing/auditioning presets it doesn’t take you to the one you already have selected so you have to scroll back through all the menus to find where you were. You also have to remember the right one as there’s no signifier (tick etc.)

• Every time I see this thread title I think FAC Drumkit has gained some new powers.

• @FredAntonCorvest Any hint on if you’d consider removing or at least make it optional to save or not save routing with presets?

• The advanced routing options provided in the last update is indeed saved by preset, the multi-out is working.

I'll consider adding a general setting page and keeping the routing there, with maybe an override by preset if the routing is different than the general one. Point added to the todo list.

Always open to improvement, but the multi-out works. Probably not related here but I'm a bit disappointed by the two stars review on the Canadian store about the multi-out broken...

Regarding the Mac version, I've submitted a couple of issue tickets to some Mac AuV3 hosts and still waiting, I ll probably release as it is. My main concern is the UI resizing.

Thank you all for your great support, really appreciated.

• Namaskar🙏🏽
    Just a short question. I play music around 200-300 bpm and if I want to creat a kick that’s only 1/4 bar long I have not much space to control the envelop, even in wide mode. Is there a way to get even more space like in kick2?

• edited March 2023

My one wish for FAC Drumkit is ability to modulate the amp/level envelopes via CC (and an embedded sequencer if Fred implements it)

• edited March 2023

Why not just use external sequencers?

You would be able to see Fac drum and the sequencer on same screen.

Vote goes to any other features that need cpu resources.