Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Something new from FAC Drumkit.

Comments

• @MadGav said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Shame it won’t work in Ableton, but totally cool it’s coming to the Mac.

The appearance of more AUv3 plugins on Mac might just drive host developers to add support…

I think now that the big developers like Moog have successfully figured it out, the others are catching up. There’s a ton of added value for all-platform plugins.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Crashhhhhhhh! Riiiiiiiide!

Perfect. Best drum solution period for iOS. I mainly use it as a sample player as a LinnDrum/Wendel die-hard, but the synth section is awesome as well. So many drum synths can’t get a good, deep snare.

Wendel are my favorite!. I’m pretty clueless about drum machines but I got the Samples From Mars and when I heard the Wendell I was instantly sold.

• @tahiche said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Crashhhhhhhh! Riiiiiiiide!

Perfect. Best drum solution period for iOS. I mainly use it as a sample player as a LinnDrum/Wendel die-hard, but the synth section is awesome as well. So many drum synths can’t get a good, deep snare.

Wendel are my favorite!. I’m pretty clueless about drum machines but I got the Samples From Mars and when I heard the Wendell I was instantly sold.

Yep. Exactly where I discovered it. Those Heart kicks and snares are just perfect.

• _ki_ki
    edited June 2022

Yay, we now can share patches for FAC Drumkit on PatchStorage 👍🏼

• Are the sound shaping circles something that cant be exposed as parameters to Drambo being a type of x y ?

• Were the envelope “graphs” ever automatable? I have this memory of them being automatable, but I am unable to record automation on the graph at the moment. Maybe I am just confusing this with some other plug-in.

• edited June 2022

@god said:
    Were the envelope “graphs” ever automatable? I have this memory of them being automatable, but I am unable to record automation on the graph at the moment. Maybe I am just confusing this with some other plug-in.

That would be a terrific upgrade idea. Curve animation/automation.

• Probably a daft question and not how multi out on iOS works, but there’s no way to group sounds to selected outputs is there? Thanks!

• wimwim
    edited June 2022

@Zerozerozero said:
    Probably a daft question and not how multi out on iOS works, but there’s no way to group sounds to selected outputs is there? Thanks!

Not a daft question at all. Unfortunately, that's something that could really use improvement. You only have the option to send to the main output or to the output that corresponds to the pad number. That means setting up 16 channels in AUM, then additional busses if you want to have flexible grouping.

I really wish all multi-out apps would allow selecting the output for each sound. Those that work this way are soooo much easier to work with.

• wimwim
    edited June 2022

@FredAntonCorvest - it would be really great if you could consider adding the ability to select which output to send each pad to some time. I could see this as either a dropdown selector where the current toggle is, or repeated taps on that area to cycle through the outputs.

Most times I'd only need a few outputs - for example, sending all my snares to a single output for adding some reverb, and maybe one for hats to apply a tempo synced delay. AUM and other host setups would be so much more efficient this way. B)

• @wim said:

@Zerozerozero said:
    Probably a daft question and not how multi out on iOS works, but there’s no way to group sounds to selected outputs is there? Thanks!

Not a daft question at all. Unfortunately, that's something that could really use improvement. You only have the option to send to the main output or to the output that corresponds to the pad number. That means setting up 16 channels in AUM, then additional busses if you want to have flexible grouping.

I really wish all multi-out apps would allow selecting the output for each sound. Those that work this way are soooo much easier to work with.

Thanks for your reply wim. Agree with all this. Makes for a messy AUM session and rarely need to be processing all those sounds individually. As you say, grouping snares/hats/whatever would be great. @FredAntonCorvest happy to second this for an update and tip as always 👍🏻

• @wim said:
    @FredAntonCorvest - it would be really great if you could consider adding the ability to select which output to send each pad to some time. I could see this as either a dropdown selector where the current toggle is, or repeated taps on that area to cycle through the outputs.

Most times I'd only need a few outputs - for example, sending all my snares to a single output for adding some reverb, and maybe one for hats to apply a tempo synced delay. AUM and other host setups would be so much more efficient this way. B)

Ahhhhh I wondered if I'd missed something. I always quickly label the ones I'm using then have to delete all the spares. I assumed I had missed an option to manually assign individual outs. Turns out I'm not as stupid as I thought.

+1

• @god said:
    Were the envelope “graphs” ever automatable? I have this memory of them being automatable, but I am unable to record automation on the graph at the moment. Maybe I am just confusing this with some other plug-in.

You can alter the pitch of the control points via MIDI CC. See the detailed explanation I provided here

• @wim said:

This may be indeed a great addition, I will see what I can do :) Do not hesitate to already send me your mail via private message, to invite you later to test the feature on TestFlight when it's implemented.

• @FredAntonCorvest said:

@god said:

You can alter the pitch of the control points via MIDI CC. See the detailed explanation I provided here

Thank you!

• @FredAntonCorvest said:

@wim said:

This may be indeed a great addition, I will see what I can do :) Do not hesitate to already send me your mail via private message, to invite you later to test the feature on TestFlight when it's implemented.

Thank you! You are the best!

• Is polybeat the best way to sequence this app? Anyone got a fav?

• I had asked previously about drum computer and was suggested polybeat so wondering if it’s still the best option?

• @muzka said:
    I had asked previously about drum computer and was suggested polybeat so wondering if it’s still the best option?

It’s really personal preference when it comes to sequencers. I still use Rozeta X0X as my go to. I’ve just got used to it (and no other sequencer that I’m aware of has the mutate function that @brambles added).

• edited August 2022

I've been trying to incorporate FAC Drumkit, but it doesn't have its own sequencer, and lining up FAC DK's note triggers with the note triggers of the drum sequencers I have is messy. (For example: try sequencing FAC DK with Rozeta X0X. You can do it with Rozeta X0X's Axon 2 or Elastic profiles, but that just gets the triggers in the right range of MIDI notes. You still have to rearrange the drums in your kit to match the labels in Rozeta. Doable but tedious.

Would it be possible, @FredAntonCorvest, to make the MIDI note triggers for a FAC drum kit learnable or at least assignable? Ideally you could set up one or more MIDI profiles for the app, set one profile as default, and assign profiles to kits as needed.

• sorry, I dont know where to ask…. can FAC drumkit change kits via MIDI program change?

• @szczyp said:
    sorry, I dont know where to ask…. can FAC drumkit change kits via MIDI program change?

No worries. It definitely can in AUM.

• edited September 2022

@szczyp said:
    sorry, I dont know where to ask…. can FAC drumkit change kits via MIDI program change?

Couple pics to help.

• edited September 2022

@Poppadocrock said:

@szczyp said:

No worries. It definitely can in AUM.

in Aum or LoopyPro we can assign presets to any widget or MIDI command, but is Fac Drumkit change kits via MIDI also under Drambo?

Sometimes I use only Drambo and then PC would be useful to automate changes, sorry for bothering and thanks for useful reminder about AUM!

• @muzka said:
    I had asked previously about drum computer and was suggested polybeat so wondering if it’s still the best option?

Yes, its the only solid choice with 16 instrument rows.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @oat_phipps said:

@muzka said:

Yes, its the only solid choice with 16 instrument rows.

It does have 16 rows something many sequencers do not. I sometimes use two instances of octachron.

• @ehehehe said:

@dokwok2 said:
    I've been trying to incorporate FAC Drumkit, but it doesn't have its own sequencer, and lining up FAC DK's note triggers with the note triggers of the drum sequencers I have is messy. (For example: try sequencing FAC DK with Rozeta X0X. You can do it with Rozeta X0X's Axon 2 or Elastic profiles, but that just gets the triggers in the right range of MIDI notes. You still have to rearrange the drums in your kit to match the labels in Rozeta. Doable but tedious.

Would it be possible, @FredAntonCorvest, to make the MIDI note triggers for a FAC drum kit learnable or at least assignable? Ideally you could set up one or more MIDI profiles for the app, set one profile as default, and assign profiles to kits as needed.

Agreed, midi learn would be great for this app, or having the same notes as the Brambos drum apps.

I could whip up a work around with Tonality pads and put it on Patchstorage. I did that for sEGments.