Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Something new from FAC Drumkit.

Comments

• Looking forward to it, looks like a great update!

• Yea I caught that too, looks like some awesome things in store.> @mistercharlie said:

• In this app do you have to create the beats on your own?

• I’m in the closed beta. It’s a very cool update. Lots of improvements that makes working with it much more smooth. Highly recommended. IMHO it’s the best iOS drum AU and the update makes it even better.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    In this app do you have to create the beats on your own?

Yes and in fact, it does not include a sequencer, so you need to either control it with pads or use an external sequencer (Polybeat is great for this purpose)

• Probably best to have RDM send midi to it but RDM midi out has been a bit shaky lately.

• Looking forward to DrumKit v2!

DrumKit + Polybeat = chef’s kiss

• One thing that would be really helpful for FAC apps (including Drumkit) would be far more presets. I'm sure folks here would be more than willing to contribute.

• @mjm1138 said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    In this app do you have to create the beats on your own?

Yes and in fact, it does not include a sequencer, so you need to either control it with pads or use an external sequencer (Polybeat is great for this purpose)

@Proppa said:
    Looking forward to DrumKit v2!

DrumKit + Polybeat = chef’s kiss

Octachron and FAC drumkit has been on my wishlist. I’m currently a fan of Hammerhead, so you can see why I’ve been eyeing FAC. But I find myself increasingly using my phone while away from my iPad, and Octachron isn’t universal. I didn’t know about polybeat. It’s captured my interest cause it’s universal and I see you can trigger patterns remotely, which Hammerhead also does. 😀

But can you clarify what the following description means that I grabbed from the App Store?

•every sequencer step can be modulated by the following attributes:
    accent on/off
    velocity
    ratchet (note repeats)
    skip (...note every n loops)
    chance
    timing offset
    MIDI CC

Does this indicate that the items in the above list can modulate things within polybeat? Or simply that those items are what’s available/exposed for midi control inside AUM?

• @Blipsford_Baubie those are Polybeat sequencing features: once Polybeat is communicating with another app (like FAC DrumKit) said attributes are per-step options.

I hesitated getting DrumKit as it requires an external sequencer but Polybeat is so good (and AUM hosting all is so easy) that it’s a really fluid workflow and DrumKit is absolutely worth the effort.

• @Proppa said:
    @Blipsford_Baubie those are Polybeat sequencing features: once Polybeat is communicating with another app (like FAC DrumKit) said attributes are per-step options.

I hesitated getting DrumKit as it requires an external sequencer but Polybeat is so good (and AUM hosting all is so easy) that it’s a really fluid workflow and DrumKit is absolutely worth the effort.

Sick! Thanks for clarifying!

• In v2 the envelope time axis scale is clearly variable as I see maximum values other than 1s… but I couldn’t spot anything over 1s…

• @krassmann said:
    I’m in the closed beta. It’s a very cool update. Lots of improvements that makes working with it much more smooth. Highly recommended. IMHO it’s the best iOS drum AU and the update makes it even better.

Me too. It’s become my go to drum app

• I've just bought the app. Looking forward to getting stuck in, as I love a good drum synth.

• @krassmann said:
    I’m in the closed beta. It’s a very cool update. Lots of improvements that makes working with it much more smooth. Highly recommended. IMHO it’s the best iOS drum AU and the update makes it even better.

Same. I’m loving it so much more then I did originally, and it was pretty cool from the start.

• Thank you guy for your feedbacks!

⚠️ for existing users of Fac Drumkit 1.2

Please consider backuping your presets before updating, just in case

Here the procedure to follow, it s only valid for 1.2! The new version 2.0 will come with a brand new presets management

Thank you Rolf for this great video!

• _ki_ki
    edited January 2022

@FredAntonCorvest Thanks for the warning to backup user presets saved in the standalone app, and the instruction on how to do that.

Most of my presets were saved as AUM presets or in AUM sessions (only using the already included samples) - do expect problems loading these ? Or asked differently, is the backup hint just a precaution ?

I‘m already looking forward to the update, thanks for your great work :)

• @_ki said:
    @FredAntonCorvest Thanks for the warning to backup user presets saved in the standalone app, and the instruction on how to do that.

Most of my presets were saved as AUM presets or in AUM sessions (only using the already included samples) - do expect problems loading these ? Or asked differently, is the backup hint just a precaution ?

I‘m already looking forward to the update, thanks for your great work :)

Thank you for your great support!

The backup is indeed just a precaution, after updating to 2.0 all your user presets should be still available.

BUT regarding AUM, I strongly advice to save your AUM presets (Local to AUM) as user presets within FAC Drumkit 1.2 (And do the full backup after).

• @FredAntonCorvest Do we have any ETA when the update will drop?

Has the 1s sample limit been lifted, thinking for crash cymbals, rides and stuff :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:
    @FredAntonCorvest Do we have any ETA when the update will drop?

Has the 1s sample limit been lifted, thinking for crash cymbals, rides and stuff :sunglasses:

I hope it has. This is what stopped me from getting this app.

• Here what I've written few weeks ago:

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    Both choke groups, and extended sample duration could be a very nice addition too!

There are indeed a lot of chances that those features will be added (after the one I'm already working on), not sure if it will be part of the next update but definitely in the future.

The next update I was talking about is 2.0, I've already included choke groups but not yet the extension of the 1sec. The focus is drums that often fit very well in 1sec but I definitely understand the need for cymbals and even very long 808... So as I've mentioned an update (not this one) will be planned for sure for a future version. 🙏🏼✨

2.0 is a free update, existing users can support FAC via the "Tip Jar" section in the new app.

The website is already updated, please have a look to the new features: http://fredantoncorvest.com/FAC_Drumkit.html

• @FredAntonCorvest said:

The website is already updated, please have a look to the new features: http://fredantoncorvest.com/FAC_Drumkit.html

Nice, I'll check it asap!

I can't help but to think of an addition of ring modulation (ie. multiply the oscillators osc1*osc2) to the synthesis engine with separate pitch envelope per oscillator?

This would be a total 'ear candy' for all kinds of metallic percussion sounds :sunglasses:

• edited January 2022

Can someone give a quick sense of what Drumkit brings to the game if you already have a ton of drum apps including Pulse and DrumComputer?

• @espiegel123 said:
    Can someone give a quick sense of what Drumkit brings to the game if you already have a ton of drum apps including Pulse and DrumComputer?

Sounds good. 16 parts. Thoughtful UI. Developer engaged with the community. Nice hybrid sound engine. But really: sounds good.

• @espiegel123 said:

If you like SeekBeats but also want an AUv3 drum machine: That is Drumkit.

• wimwim
    edited January 2022

@ExAsperis99 said:

@espiegel123 said:

If you like SeekBeats but also want an AUv3 drum machine: That is Drumkit.

^ This is exactly what I was about to say.

To Pulse it brings the ability to enhance existing samples by adding envelopes and oscillators and to build your own sounds. To Drum Computer it brings some simplification that makes it easier for me to dial in the sounds I'm looking for.

• @FredAntonCorvest said:
    Here what I've written few weeks ago:

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    Both choke groups, and extended sample duration could be a very nice addition too!

There are indeed a lot of chances that those features will be added (after the one I'm already working on), not sure if it will be part of the next update but definitely in the future.

The next update I was talking about is 2.0, I've already included choke groups but not yet the extension of the 1sec. The focus is drums that often fit very well in 1sec but I definitely understand the need for cymbals and even very long 808... So as I've mentioned an update (not this one) will be planned for sure for a future version. 🙏🏼✨

2.0 is a free update, existing users can support FAC via the "Tip Jar" section in the new app.

the new responsive design is pure excellence….and many thanks for the hex toggle :smile:

• @espiegel123 said:

The big plus for me is that it’s universal, unlike DC. I also really like the envelopes. I’m very new to drum synthesis, but they make total sense, especially after the update.

I’m a bit of an FAC fanboy too ☺️

• @gregsmith said:
    I’m a bit of an FAC fanboy too ☺️

no shame in that!

there's a lack of modern, deep and easy to use drum apps. pulse and groove rider are good, but a bit old school in their design and philosophy. drum computer is painful to use and doesn't sound good for my taste. i think it's also important to understand that drumkit is not a sampler for your drum samples library. it's a drum synth. and in my opinion it's the best one on iOS.