Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Something new from FAC Drumkit.

Comments

• Here’s me playing with Drumkit, Atom 2 and launchpad.

Lots of fun!

• @david_2017 said:
    I think this works like a charm together with ATOM2. It’s a wonderful back and forth relationship and with the midi out pads its really fun to hammer in some beats. I made some rap remix of mos def. love that snare sound

Swollen Members had some fire tracks.

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Really great work on this, I’m loving using this to design kits. Now we need a FAC synth to go along with it :)

I suspect the upcoming TB synth will fit in perfectly.

• @oat_phipps said:
    @FredAntonCorvest

I would’ve emailed you but couldn’t find an address on your site. Sorry, don’t use Facebook or that stuff.

I believe FAC Drumkit may have a timing problem. When sequencing it with Atom 2, there will be an intermittent gap in the repeating pattern every 30secs-1min or so. I’ve tested with both of the Ruismaker drum apps and they are rock solid with Atom 2 (even switching the apps with the transport control running. Switching back to Drumkit immediately brought back the gap). Hope you can find a quick fix.

Thank you for letting me know, I'll have a look to the possible issue. Have you tried something else that Atom 2? For info, there is a small delay issue in multi-out with AUM, not in ApeMatrix. I have already contacted Jonatan about it.

• Lot of great demos! Congrats!

Big up to SoundForMore too, this overview is very detailed.

• @FredAntonCorvest

Hi, I was just wondering about sample import. I did load a folder with various samples and copied (as they were just on the pad I imported them to) it to all sixteen pads and then started working. I did not finish as intended but saved to continue work later. When I now open the project each pad is stuck with the sample I left with, I can't even apply the factory samples. All I can do is start over and that's not fun. Also why can't the samples imported be available globally, not just for the project you working on?
    Nice product otherwise :)

• edited June 2021

My issue seems to have gone away after deleting and reinstalling Drumkit. Hated to lose all the Linndrum and other machine sample kits I’d already saved but this is a relief.

Now if only we could get one choke group I’d be thrilled with it, despite the synth section not tickling my fancy.

• Modulating the EG points would be awesome unless I’m missing that. I guess it could get nuts though since you can just keep adding points

• I take it back. Same issue is back after starting a fresh project.

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Modulating the EG points would be awesome unless I’m missing that. I guess it could get nuts though since you can just keep adding points

Agreed, some level of envelope automation would be grand. That's the one thing missing from all iOS drum samplers currently. Only Canard module in miRack has this.

• @oat_phipps Thank you for the update, I'm looking into the issue.
    @Pxlhg State saving is supported, have you encountered what you described in the standalone app?

Here a preview of the next update :) As I said earlier, I have a todo list. There is always room for improvement.
    FAC is a one person business, I dev in my free time. I have a daily job.

• ^^^ Naice!!!!

• @soundtemple said:
    ^^^ Naice!!!!

+1

• @FredAntonCorvest said:
    @Pxlhg State saving is supported, have you encountered what you described in the standalone app?

It do save state but ignores the rest so to speak. It's the same in both stand alone and in AUM. The sample chosen is there but all the others are gone, as I said earlier: not even the factory ones can be accessed.

@oat_phipps Thank you for the update, I'm looking into the issue.

Here a preview of the next update :) As I said earlier, I have a todo list. There is always room for improvement.

A few of us mentioned it’d be super useful to be able to save kit pieces (or voices as you call them). It could be easily integrated into that popup menu. Many of us have a tendency to kit pieces vs whole kits… like you load a kit to start with but then go through your “acoustic snare” presets finding the right one.

@oat_phipps Thank you for the update, I'm looking into the issue.

Looks great! Take your time dude 👌

• @gregsmith said:

Here’s me playing with Drumkit, Atom 2 and launchpad.

Lots of fun!

Does look lots of fun. Getting to grips with your Launchpad I see.
    Good techno demo of Drumkit, I likes it.

Now get with the times, Drumkit is old news! Let's see what you can do with Hammerhead!! :D

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Xequence2 works well as a controller/midi recorder for FAC Drumkit. I have set up a 4x4 grid to play the 16 sounds. And it is easy to create a midi grid with just the sounds to manually create a beat. It is not AU3 and so I am using it outside of AUM, but the two sync nicely through Ableton Link.

• Set up a MIDI only Slate kit in NS2 so I can finger drum and send the MIDI to a track with FAC Drumkit. Works great!

• InstaBuy! <3
    Thanks for creating this B)

• Can anyone load a samples folder from Audioshare? For me it’s greyed out, yet doing the same in Drambo it’s not.
    Both used in same AUM session.
    Do I need to change a permission somewhere?

• @soundtemple said:
    Can anyone load a samples folder from Audioshare? For me it’s greyed out, yet doing the same in Drambo it’s not.

It's not the same. I don't have FAC Drumkit yet but I know the difference between those 2 dialogs.

After you select the folder, Drambo will import samples from that folder into its internal storage. Want to add more samples? - need to repeat the import process

Unlike Drambo, FAC Drumkit does not import anything - after you grant it access to a folder, it will seamlessly work with the files in that folder even if they are stored in another app's container. This feature is called Open in Place.
    I really like this feature, no need to keep track of multiple copies. It's the future. The problem is only a few apps support it, though it was introduced like 4 years ago.

• @yug thanks for the info. So, are you saying Audioshare does not support Open in place?

If so, then I guess I move my samples to OnMyiPad then?

• @soundtemple said:
    @yug thanks for the info. So, are you saying Audioshare does not support Open in place?

No, it does not. So, it's either On My iPad or iCloud Drive

I only know 2 file-provider apps that support this feature: Working Copy (it's a Git client) and Secure ShellFish, which I use to sync files (including samples) between my iPad and my laptop

• @soundtemple said:
    @yug thanks for the info. So, are you saying Audioshare does not support Open in place?

fwiw, Readdle Documents is a great librarian for samples, midi, etc. It has drag and drop functionality, as well as file previewing. Great webdav support for Drambo also. It's how I get my samples into FAC Drumkit. Since switching to Readdle Documents I've removed audioshare. Doesn't do trim/normalize, etc, but as a file system it's much better integrated into the IOS ecosystem.

• @aleyas thanks for the tip. I did try it some time ago, but maybe time to revisit. Drambo and FAC are my main use cases so will give it another go.

• @yug ah thanks also for your recommendations. Saw those after the one from Aleyas.

I use and love working copy! Will take a look at secure shell fish too.

• @aleyas I gave Readdle Documents a quick go. I like the friendly UI. But what do you do once your samples are in Readdle as its the same issue in terms of not being able to open a Readdle Docs folder in FAC. Do you move the samples from Readdle to another location like On My iPad? As @yug says above it's either On My iPad or iCloud Drive only for Open in Place

Not quite sure I see the benefit yet besides the nice UI.

On another (related) note, using Finder on a Mac to transfer files into On My iPad would seem like the obvious way to go, but user folders are not visible. You seem only to be able to transfer into an app folder.