Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Problem loading Impaktor in AB3?

Anyone else tried to load Impaktor in Audiobus 3? I'm just seeing 'launching' continuously when I try to put it in an audio input slot. I've tried starting Impaktor before AB, restarting the iPad and just trying to load several times but no luck so far. Only just downloaded Impaktor as I thought it would work in AB and have the most recent version of both apps...anyone else seeing problems? Cheers...!

Comments

• @enkaytee AB just released version 3.4.27 with a fix for app launching. Maybe it would help?

• @uncledave said:
    @enkaytee AB just released version 3.4.27 with a fix for app launching. Maybe it would help?

I hoped so too but it's still not loading - I've reached out to Beepstreet but haven't had a reply yet...

• @enkaytee said:

@uncledave said:
    @enkaytee AB just released version 3.4.27 with a fix for app launching. Maybe it would help?

I hoped so too but it's still not loading - I've reached out to Beepstreet but haven't had a reply yet...

Have you reached out to @Michael ?

• @espiegel123 said:

@enkaytee said:

@uncledave said:

Have you reached out to @Michael ?

Thanks - have just messaged him...👍

• Which iOS version? Had an AB problem which was resolved by updating to latest recently.

• Can you use the Drambo version in the meantime ?

• @Zerozerozero said:
    Which iOS version? Had an AB problem which was resolved by updating to latest recently.

I'm on iPad OS 14.4 - it's the same problem on my iPhone which is also 14.4

• edited February 2021

@gsm909 said:
    Can you use the Drambo version in the meantime ?

I haven't used the Drambo version - I'll give it a go when I get a chance...

• @enkaytee said:
    Anyone else tried to load Impaktor in Audiobus 3? I'm just seeing 'launching' continuously when I try to put it in an audio input slot. I've tried starting Impaktor before AB, restarting the iPad and just trying to load several times but no luck so far. Only just downloaded Impaktor as I thought it would work in AB and have the most recent version of both apps...anyone else seeing problems? Cheers...!

Impaktor also doesn’t load successfully into AUM even if you launch Impaktor first.

• edited February 2021

@espiegel123 said:

@enkaytee said:

Impaktor also doesn’t load successfully into AUM even if you launch Impaktor first.

Yeah - the IAA just fails to load every time...

• @enkaytee said:

@espiegel123 said:

@enkaytee said:

Yeah - the IAA just fails to load every time...

Would you mind sending me some diagnostics? Here’s how: using the latest version of Audiobus, open the system preferences app, then find Audiobus, and turn on Diagnostic Mode. Then open Audiobus, and recreate the problem. Finally, open Audiobus settings, and tap Get Support.

• So weird - I just got another diagnostic log from someone else four minutes before yours, so I was in the process of writing my findings here before yours came in 😄

Yeah, it's doing this:

Error instantiating Impaktor: Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-1 "(null)"

Which is a pain-in-the-butt-to-diagnose IAA hosting error caused by shenanigans at the hosted app. I'll shoot Jaroslaw an email and see what he thinks.

• Same thing here iOS 13.7

• @Michael said:
    So weird - I just got another diagnostic log from someone else four minutes before yours, so I was in the process of writing my findings here before yours came in 😄

Yeah, it's doing this:

Error instantiating Impaktor: Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-1 "(null)"

Which is a pain-in-the-butt-to-diagnose IAA hosting error caused by shenanigans at the hosted app. I'll shoot Jaroslaw an email and see what he thinks.

Thanks @Michael...👍

• Hi @Michael, apologies if you have already gone over this elsewhere but did you have any luck resolving this with Jaroslav? I’m new to the IPad music world and have only started playing around with Audiobus in the last few days, but I’m definitely having the same issues as mentioned above.

Thanks!

• @Stubus said:
    Hi @Michael, apologies if you have already gone over this elsewhere but did you have any luck resolving this with Jaroslav? I’m new to the IPad music world and have only started playing around with Audiobus in the last few days, but I’m definitely having the same issues as mentioned above.

Thanks!

I can't remember, I'm afraid. I'd suggest getting in touch with Jaroslaw about it though.

• When I finally had an idea that would be perfect for Impaktor but then discovered … it no longer works in AB or AUM … :s