Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SoundCloud "Deposits"

McDMcD
edited February 2021 in Creations

The Computer Gets Sole Credit Here... (I just patched the connections).

I got a take down notice for Copy Wrong infringement.

Comments

• And a bonus track for Night Owls:

• 2 great tracks, I really love the first one, though I don’t know of “The computer mad me do it” is that another musician?

• @Toastedghost said:
    2 great tracks, I really love the first one, though I don’t know of “The computer mad me do it” is that another musician?

All the MIDI comes from Riffer into multiple Rozeta Scalars (that get their transpose parameters shifted by a Rozeta LFO) and randomized/humanized by the RANDO Mozaic script. I assigned DrumJam, DrumPerfect Pro and AudioLayer drums and instruments as targets for the multiple MIDI streams. No human participation on this one. It actually hits a dance groove at 1:30 that made me laugh before that it just jumbles the time in ways that make my analytical drummer's mind hurt. The groove pattern in DrumJam is buried and only pokes through when the other instruments back off with their randomness.

• McDMcD
    edited February 2021

NUMBER 3: My most recent audio-composing experiment with Piano Motifs MIDI files imported into LK and assigned to iSymphonic and Ravenscroft instruments:

• NUMBER 4: An AUM experiment looping audio files from the BBC with a ton of FX added to make it move.

• NUMBER 5: Kronecker with DPP HandPan.

• McDMcD
    edited February 2021

NUMBER 6: Handpan Orchestra with Mid East Drummer using the Motifs generated earlier by Piano Motifs for NUMBER 3.

• Somebody has been busy! Excellent stuff. Piano Motifs into other apps can produce some amazing tracks. Especially liked No 6.

• @GeoTony said:
    Somebody has been busy! Excellent stuff. Piano Motifs into other apps can produce some amazing tracks. Especially liked No 6.

Yes. Piano Motifs can created a dozen different MIDI tracks in pairs (melody and accompaniment in various styles) in a few minutes.

I like importing those MIDI loops into LK and assigning the tracks to instruments in AUM.
    I'm also planning on importing the best MIDI into StaffPad and using the loops as the
    starting point for larger orchestrations.

I think it's very useful for anyone that hasn't labored over a keyboard or text booking
    learning music theory. Everything on this page represents assembling rather than traditional
    performances. I could teach this approach to anyone without needing to do much theory except showing them where to find common (and therefore validated by musicians) chord progressions.

I'm always looking for backdoors to get into the cathedral. I respect the monks that commit their lives but I also have other interests and like to follow my bliss.

It's fun to discover music you like and realize it only exists because you assembled the ingredients.

• @McD, you have this down to a science, with really great musical results. Very interesting to see how the same motifs with different creative instrumentation produce such a different sound and feel.

• Here's what happens when I import the same Piano Motifs MIDI files into StaffPad and assign the parts to the default strings. I did a small amount of editing on the cello chord voicing to get a more open sound... moving an internal note up an octave by hand.

• I'm not done yet... apparently:

• More tracks added using additional Piano Motifs melody and accompaniment files for (default/free) Brass instruments in StaffPad: