Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Troubles with Lumbeats in Cubasis3?

Anyone else experiencing total breakdown of Lumbeats using CB3? Does not align with CB3 bpm, records audio for only a short time, etc. Ike messed with the midi in and out, etc. to no avail. Thanks!

Comments

• Which iOS version, etc.?

Have you tried restarting the device?

Tried starting the app stand-alone first, or starting from inside CB3?

• @uncledave, 14.3, opening in CB3, I have repeatedly restarted, reinstalled Soft Drummer (same problem with other Lumbeats). Will try opening as standalone first, but wasn’t necessary before. Thanks for the help!

• I can’t even find them in the iaa list...

• @LinearLineman said:
    Anyone else experiencing total breakdown of Lumbeats using CB3? Does not align with CB3 bpm, records audio for only a short time, etc. Ike messed with the midi in and out, etc. to no avail. Thanks!

What sync options have you chosen in the two apps?

• @Krupa said:
    I can’t even find them in the iaa list...

You have to add them in an Audio, not MIDI track. Add an audio track, then change the input to Inter-App Audio. You'll see them in the popup list.

• @wim said:

@Krupa said:
    I can’t even find them in the iaa list...

You have to add them in an Audio, not MIDI track. Add an audio track, then change the input to Inter-App Audio. You'll see them in the popup list.

Ta Wim, I did not know about the changing input thing. I’ve been trying to figure that one out for a bit, nice one!

• @wim...I believe you can make a Lumbeat midi track by creating an empty midi track and arming it while recording the audio...is that correct?

• And in answer to @LinearLineman opening question, I too could only record a small snippet, 4 bar loops seem fine but letting it run free not so good - it just draws out a section but never fills it with waveform and it’s never there in the saved file, odd, and a shame...

• @Krupa said:
    And in answer to @LinearLineman opening question, I too could only record a small snippet, 4 bar loops seem fine but letting it run free not so good - it just draws out a section but never fills it with waveform and it’s never there in the saved file, odd, and a shame...

@LuisMartinez ... can you possibly give us some help on this? Also, the bpm is not syncing to Cubasis3.

• @LinearLineman said:

@Krupa said:
    And in answer to @LinearLineman opening question, I too could only record a small snippet, 4 bar loops seem fine but letting it run free not so good - it just draws out a section but never fills it with waveform and it’s never there in the saved file, odd, and a shame...

@LuisMartinez ... can you possibly give us some help on this? Also, the bpm is not syncing to Cubasis3.

What sync options have you set in the 2 apps? Are other IAA apps working for you? It might be Cubasis and not SoftDrummer. @ehehehe has reported troubles (different ones) with IAA apps in CB3.

• wimwim
    edited February 2021

@LinearLineman said:
    @wim...I believe you can make a Lumbeat midi track by creating an empty midi track and arming it while recording the audio...is that correct?

Maybe in Cubasis 3? I don't remember being able to do that in Cubasis 2. I don't have 3 and am too lazy to check 2.

• @espiegel123, I have switched on all midi connections between SoftDrummer and CB3. No help.
    @wim, there are routing settings.... midi thru, virtual midi, that allow it, I think. I don’t remember exactly. There was a thread way back.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @espiegel123, I have switched on all midi connections between SoftDrummer and CB3. No help.
    @wim, there are routing settings.... midi thru, virtual midi, that allow it, I think. I don’t remember exactly. There was a thread way back.

That doesn't tell us how the sync is setup. Since you haven't mentioned the sync setup, it could be that you haven't set it up. Or maybe you did and just didn't mention.

You need to make sure that both apps are set to the same sync method. Perhaps post screenshots. There are a couple of ways that the sync can be set up and perhaps the method you set up isn't working but another might. For example, if you haven't tried sending MIDI Clock from Cubasis to SoftDrummer, you might try that. If you do that you need to make sure you have turned on Send MIDI Clock in Cubasis and have set Soft Drummer to receive MIDI clock.

• @espiegel123, I did exactly that. Do you use Lumbeats with CB3 successfully? Thanks.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @espiegel123, I did exactly that. Do you use Lumbeats with CB3 successfully? Thanks.

I don't have CB3 , but use SoftDrummer with CB2, AUM and other apps which makes me think the issue is not on the softdrummer side.

Are you able to successfully use other IAA apps with CB3?

Have you set it up so that SoftDrummer is only listening to CB for MIDI Clock? I.e. make sure to not listen to other MIDI from Cubasis until the sync is working.

• @espiegel123, yeah, I had no problems with CB2 as I recall. Have not checked CB2 with ios14. Set up is only listening to CB3 for midi clock, but will check again. Thanks.

• Do you have ableton turned off in the drum app?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr, I’ll double check, but I never employ it.