Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WaveStorm (formerly Scythe Synth) pulled from App Store

Just noticed that WaveStorm is no longer at the App Store.
Wonder whether the transition from Scythe Synth and AUv3 treatment just did not work for it, or if its orphan status may be just temporary.

Comments

• 😭nooo again. Another app disappeared. Apple should give us the option to backup and install them from local storage.

• Check the "Purchased" section. It's there if you've purchased it.

• Website deleted. Again. The same thing happened when it was still called Scythe.

Weird. I contacted the developer a few times and he was quite responsive.

• WaveStorm was quite cumbersome. To be honest, I am not surprised.

• @rs2000 said:
    Check the "Purchased" section. It's there if you've purchased it.

Is there an easy way to do this? I have purchased about 300 apps in my time - I have no idea what year I bought them - what is the quickest way to find one?

• @robosardine said:

@rs2000 said:

Is there an easy way to do this? I have purchased about 300 apps in my time - I have no idea what year I bought them - what is the quickest way to find one?

There's a search bar at the top.

• @robosardine said:

@rs2000 said:

Appstore > Your user icon > Account > Purchased > Search.

• I bought all the bells and whistles for this one during the last big sale period, but, ended up deleting it anyway. Horribly unstable and slow. I also had some contact with the dev and although polite and so it was more like I should sit and test what would work and not instead of him taking the critique to hart. A bit like: "there can be no fault - I did this masterpiece - it has to be you, the user who are dumb" (What if he is right? :confused: )

There are far better Wavetable options so no big loss if it's gone, except the f***ing money it cost.

• WaveStorm I have....but just tested it...it doesn’t open....er?

• Website is still up, but it’s gone from the App Store.

• edited January 2021

I was trying to dig into it this weekend (I don't need no new Korg synths, I have WaveStorm!) and it was unstable as hell for me, too. I also went all-in on the IAP sale, but simple basic functionality would cause it to crash, it's not like were edge cases. Any testing of the app at all should have caught the issues I encountered as they're 100% reproducible.

• Terrible.....

• @Liquidmantis said:
    I was trying to dig into it this weekend (I don't need no new Korg synths, I have WaveStorm!) and it was unstable as hell for me, too. I also went all-in on the IAP sale, but simple basic functionality would cause it to crash, it's not like it was edge cases that, any testing of the app at all should have caught the issues I encountered as they're 100% reproducible.

That was my last contact with Jarryd, a list of reproducible crashes. August 13th 2020. Ah well.

• It’s tough to commit to something big like this, roll it out, then try to maintain it as a one man operation. I always got the feeling that the dev was ambitious but often plagued with second doubts. Sorry to see it go.

• Is it possible that it hasn't been pulled but is missing temporarily due to some glitch btw folks? You never know. Probably wise to find out before we make any judgements

• edited January 2021

Website still up (https://www.sonicsector.co.uk/) - I've sent a message using the contact form - and his twitter account is still live (https://twitter.com/S0n1cSector)...

• Ah- thanks @Lil_Stu07 & @rs2000. I had been looking via settings then my Apple ID which also gives access to your purchase history, but with no search bar.

• @ALB said:
    It’s tough to commit to something big like this, roll it out, then try to maintain it as a one man operation. I always got the feeling that the dev was ambitious but often plagued with second doubts. Sorry to see it go.

If one decides to charge money for one's software, I think one takes on a certain responsibility to either test it thoroughly before release and have it be solid and usable -- or to be responsive to bug reports and fix the problems. Otherwise, one should release the software for free. While it is a commitment to maintain it, pretty much all the music app developers on iOS (with some exceptions) are one or two people shops.

Hopefully, this is only temporary and Jarryd will return to polishing this unique-sounding synth.

• it changed from Bitmaskstudio to Sonic Sector. The e-mail address of Jarryd doesn't exist anymore (I had some contact with him a while ago). Maybe Wavestorm has a other owner/developer now?

• @espiegel123 said:

@ALB said:
    It’s tough to commit to something big like this, roll it out, then try to maintain it as a one man operation. I always got the feeling that the dev was ambitious but often plagued with second doubts. Sorry to see it go.

If one decides to charge money for one's software, I think one takes on a certain responsibility to either test it thoroughly before release and have it be solid and usable -- or to be responsive to bug reports and fix the problems. Otherwise, one should release the software for free. While it is a commitment to maintain it, pretty much all the music app developers on iOS (with some exceptions) are one or two people shops.

Hopefully, this is only temporary and Jarryd will return to polishing this unique-sounding synth.

I don’t disagree in principle, but given the (relative) cheapness of these apps, it’s always a bit of a gamble to think that something will be supported, especially from a new developer. I’m not excusing non-support, just trying to look at someone else’s possible reality. I really think the dev in this case may have gotten in over his head - no idea what other commitments he has (family, day job, etc.). I hope for the best...

• Liked the app but it become very unreliable when it passed to the auv3 side. Sad news also for me since I bought all the IAP. still think positive it is only temporary.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    😭nooo again. Another app disappeared. Apple should give us the option to backup and install them from local storage.

iMazing has this feature.

• @musikeer said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    😭nooo again. Another app disappeared. Apple should give us the option to backup and install them from local storage.

Not exactly. It will let you download apps you own from the App Store if the app is available, but it won’t let you backup/retrieve an app from local storage.

• It opened just now!!

• edited January 2021

@espiegel123 said:

@musikeer said:

@Charlesalbert said:

Not exactly. It will let you download apps you own from the App Store if the app is available, but it won’t let you backup/retrieve an app from local storage.

Yes it does. I do it almost every day.

"Download & Install Apps to iPhone or iPad from Mac & PC

Manage your iOS apps your way. Enjoy a powerful tool to download your apps (.ipa) to your computer, and install them to your iOS devices. Save and restore your game progress or app documents and settings."

• @musikeer said:

@espiegel123 said:

@musikeer said:

@Charlesalbert said:

Manage your iOS apps your way. Enjoy a powerful tool to download your apps (.ipa) to your computer, and install them to your iOS devices. Save and restore your game progress or app documents and settings."

That is what I said. It downloads the ipa from the store and lets you store them and later install them. It will not let you rip the ipa of an app from the device itself. It gets it from store. My point was just that iMazing is downloading the app from the store and not pulling it from your device.

• edited January 2021

@espiegel123 said:

@musikeer said:

@espiegel123 said:

@musikeer said:

@Charlesalbert said:

That is what I said. It downloads the ipa from the store and lets you store them and later install them. It will not let you rip the ipa of an app from the device itself. It gets it from store. My point was just that iMazing is downloading the app from the store and not pulling it from your device.

This is incorrect. We seem to be speaking across each other, or a semantics problem or something else. I purchase an app from the store. I back it up physically on the computer. I can then delete the app from the device, and am able reload it from the computer, NOT from the store. Is this not what @Charlesalbert is referring to?

• @musikeer said:

@espiegel123 said:

@musikeer said:

@espiegel123 said:

@musikeer said:

@Charlesalbert said:

We seem to be speaking across each other, or a semantics problem or something else. I purchase an app from the store. I back it up physically on the computer. I can then delete the app from the device, and am able reload it from the computer, NOT from the store. Is this not what the OP is referring to?

The language that I was responding to made it sound like iMazing can backup an app (its .ipa from a device directly). It may seem like a fine distinction but what iMazing can do (which is helpful) is download a copy of an iOS app from the App Store to a computer. It is important to understand that the copy it stores is being downloaded from the App Store and not from the device. This is important because if the app stops being available in the App Store, iMazing can’t make a local copy from your device.. So, you have to make sure to retrieve with iMazing while it is still in the store.

Maybe , that was clear to you, but I know that some people think iMazing can pull apps from an iPad if they disappear from the store and it cannot.

• edited January 2021

@espiegel123 said:

@musikeer said:

@espiegel123 said:

@musikeer said:

@espiegel123 said:

@musikeer said:

@Charlesalbert said:

We seem to be speaking across each other, or a semantics problem or something else. I purchase an app from the store. I back it up physically on the computer. I can then delete the app from the device, and am able reload it from the computer, NOT from the store. Is this not what the OP is referring to?

The language that I was responding to made it sound like iMazing can backup an app (its .ipa from a device directly). It may seem like a fine distinction but what iMazing can do (which is helpful) is download a copy of an iOS app from the App Store to a computer. It is important to understand that the copy it stores is being downloaded from the App Store and not from the device. This is important because if the app stops being available in the App Store, iMazing can’t make a local copy from your device.. So, you have to make sure to retrieve with iMazing while it is still in the store.

Maybe , that was clear to you, but I know that some people think iMazing can pull apps from an iPad if they disappear from the store and it cannot.

Again, this is not true. Audiobus 2 is not available from the App Store, correct? I just installed it from a computer backup. This can be done without an internet connection. Do you own iMazing? Have you tried it?