Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reason adding a subscription model

Comments

• good move for a new users. Rather not for those who purchased upgrades, racks and lots of instruments

• Live stream starting on this if you’re interested:

• Loving the dislikes for subscription rolling in the chat :D

• godgod
    edited January 2021

This is where i'll make my exit. No music making app subscriptions for me, sir.

Single payment with a-la-carte IAPs - yes. Something like Wotja's model, where you can choose to buy a new version each year - also yes.
    But no subs. No sireebob.

• Looking at their pricing, it seems like they are mapping this so that the subscription prices covers the purchase price of initial purchase plus one upgrade. So, starting around year three, you are paying more for the subscription than you are for the owned product. That assumes that you upgrade all the time too, which for most products isn't something I do.

• @god said:
    This is where i'll make my exit. No music making app subscriptions for me, sir.

Single payment with a-la-carte IAPs - yes. Something like Wotja's model, where you can choose to buy a new version each year - also yes.
    But no subs. No sireebob.

Subscription is only option. You won't be forced to pay subscription

• Cetrainly not a bad thing if you decide to work with Reason for only a few months months.
    If they keep offering unlimited licenses then users do have the choice.
    The fact that Reason+ includes all rack extensions makes it an interesting option.

• LaunchPad app also...

• Wow. Who uses Launchpad anyway?

This benefits ONLY the companies that produce it. What new innovation or benefit accrues to the consumer? We already have virtually unlimited access to "soundpacks." When the "record industry" died, it never occurred to me that the parasites who populated 90 percent of the offices at Sony and Warner Bros. would just move over to a new industry.

Oh well. I guess it's somewhat interesting that they are looking at music production as if it were a video game?

The potential good news is the kids who drive the culture are going to revolt. They'll never go for this subscription bullshit, and I suspect a new aesthetic will take hold. When everybody can sound like a Professional Content Producer/Influencer via their Soundpack Subscriptions, nobody with an ounce of integrity will gravitate toward that.

• edited January 2021

You can still purchase Reason for a price from the Reason Studios store so I don’t understand what all the outrage is on reasontalk. I don’t like subscribing so I’ll continue to purchase upgrades at my convenience.

• I have yet to see a subscription model that benefits the end-user. They're usually to benefit the seller, and those benefits are well documented online where people talk about sales strategies and profits.

• Will they be making Reason Compact subscription based too? 😃

• edited January 2021

I will leave this post with a couple of thoughts...

If you go to reasonstudios to buy reason, you will have to go down to the small print in the footer of the page.
    If this isn't telling to you about the future of reason, well, let's just say you haven't really gave this any thought at all...

You still have to buy the RE's from third party...so when they keep saying you get everything THATS A BOLD FACE LIE

I'm a version 1.0 reason user...I started at the very first release and have moved all the way up to 11. They have ended the relationship, so now I must open all projects, save the stems, and use logic pro to auto sample the patches i like...then erase this heap of shite from my mac.

It was a fun relationship, but I'm not paying alimony.

Plus Logic Pro X is my main DAW due to it being monumentally more powerful in the first place...
    Logic Sampler is leaps and bounds beyond nnxt
    Alchemy is better than anything in the reason rack
    Reason doesnt even support Meladyne or a few more advanced plugs i use

I can do more with Logic Pro... to be honest, Reason was just a small playground for starting ideas, that I finish in LPX anyways, and now that I have purchased all new hardware I haven't opened reason more than 3 times in a year.