Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best iPad Desk Mount

I've slowly entered the fixed workstation environment. It's part of the whole Work From Home era, with space at a premium in the house.

Now that I have a Launchpad X (in addition to a LaunchControl and a Digitakt), I'm trying to find the right place for everything. At the moment, the iPad is on the desk on one of those cheap and perfect Ikea stands. But maybe the Launchpad goes there, and the iPad raises up on a mount?

I was looking at this.

My only worry is that it'll bounce around. Anyone use an articulated arm like this? Any regrets?

Comments

• I have that type of stand and I like it. Still rock solid a couple of years on, and it doesn't droop under the weight of a 1st gen pro.

The 'bite' of the bracket isn't very generous, so check your tabletop thickness first, obviously, but I'd buy it again ;)

• Hang on, mine's a little different - it doesn't have the extension arm coming forward, so I can't say anything about that.

I got this one, and I'm happy with it anyway:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07P8Z8JMN/

• I have two similar ones but with a flat weighted base. i dig em! They do need an alan wrench (included) tune up every couple months.

• edited January 2021

@ExAsperis99 said:
    My only worry is that it'll bounce around. Anyone use an articulated arm like this? Any regrets?

I have this exact mount and use it with an old iPad as a display for my computer (via duetdisplay). It works great for that and is fairly sturdy. It does still bounce some though, I'm not sure I'd want to do a ton of touch interactions on it. But you might be able to tighten the heck out of it and get it to be more sturdy than mine. I also have mine at the tallest possible setting which likely makes it less sturdy.

I've used these mounts attached to a board and they can get sturdy: https://www.amazon.com/Arkon-Heavy-Tablet-Mount-Galaxy/dp/B00LULUYHC/ . They use interlocking teeth for some of the joints so there is less slip, but it was still a pain to tighten the ball joints enough. But now that thet are in place they work well.

Honestly I think you'll likely have some bounce with any mount using a long arm. But I'd love to hear other folks experiences as well.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I've slowly entered the fixed workstation environment. It's part of the whole Work From Home era, with space at a premium in the house.

Now that I have a Launchpad X (in addition to a LaunchControl and a Digitakt), I'm trying to find the right place for everything. At the moment, the iPad is on the desk on one of those cheap and perfect Ikea stands. But maybe the Launchpad goes there, and the iPad raises up on a mount?

I was looking at this.

I have the standing version of that and like it, but would prefer a base with more weight. It doesn’t have a huge range of motion before the balance is off (not an issue if you’re clamping on, of course.) fit is also a little tight for my 11” Air4, but that’s with the case on.

• As long as the table is sturdy and you can tighten all 3 main parts. The grip to the table, the “elbow”, and where the device is held, you should be good... unless it’s something cheap. Light metals are usually best over plastic.

• edited January 2021

The table clamp ones are terrible! I had one that I returned because it couldn't support a 2018 iPad. Kept falling over with the weight.

I have two of the Kabcon that @CapnWillie has. Best stand by far. Decent weight and sturdy.

• Those flexy stands aren't solid enough for me, I have to have mine rock solid with zero movement.
    My current setup for ipad 12.9 is a DJ deck stand with ikea tablet stand on top :)

• @CapnWillie said:

Got several of these som’bitches. Love em. Love em. Fits everything from my iPad, MacBook Pro to extra monitors even holds my canvas at cool angles for painting/drawing. Has hole and space to hide cables (zip ties or Velcro straps).

Most of all, looks good, super sturdy and very mobile. Folds up tight and neat fits in small front pocket of any bag and travels with ya if need be.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DD7G77L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_9iAeGbQR5HEAD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This looks like the Launchpad X can fit neatly underneath, too. I'm drawn to the one @quartzite suggested too: I have a nice piece of 5/8" walnut plywood that might accept that mount and hold the Lauchpad, though I'd lose the portability.

Thanks for your advice, all.

• edited January 2021

I've got something like this (mine is no longer available) - It's a beast and it's really for being able to stand at your desk, but, if it isn't obvious from its size and construction, it's rock solid.
    https://www.amazon.com/HUANUO-Adjustable-Laptop-Stand-Desk/dp/B07VKRJNHF

• @CapnWillie said:

Got several of these som’bitches. Love em. Love em. Fits everything from my iPad, MacBook Pro to extra monitors even holds my canvas at cool angles for painting/drawing. Has hole and space to hide cables (zip ties or Velcro straps).

Most of all, looks good, super sturdy and very mobile. Folds up tight and neat fits in small front pocket of any bag and travels with ya if need be.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DD7G77L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_9iAeGbQR5HEAD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

By the way, I got this, and it is rock solid and very well built. Excellent suggestion.