Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Developers/Noodlers 🙏🏽 These Lfo’s have to come to iOS synth/effects 🖤

In Serum you have the option to snap the points to the grit if you press „Alt-key“ you also can directly draw the steps. It’s always hard for me to explain this to people.

Maybe this Video will help me to explain—>
Timestamp 3:12 - 4:45 / the whole video gives a great explanation about how the lfo in serum works and the benefits of it.

I really wish every upcoming synth or effect with lfo’s would have this possibility. It’s s.th. that I don’t know any iOS synth offers right now. What do you think? Is it worth the time to add this ??
Thx for listening 🙏🏽🖤🙏🏽

The future of lfo’s in iOS synths & effects
  1. Do you like the idea to get these type of lfo’s in your synths & effects13 votes
    1. Hell yeahhhh😈
      92.31%
    2. No, I can live with my „standard“ lfo shapes
        7.69%

Comments

• Yes, I’ve been experimenting with llfo’s, and plugins like lfo tool looks great. Currently trying out Drambo’s Graphic Modulator, which is great! But would be nice to have something dedicated.

• @Frank303 said:
    Yes, I’ve been experimenting with llfo’s, and plugins like lfo tool looks great. Currently trying out Drambo’s Graphic Modulator, which is great! But would be nice to have something dedicated.

Drambo is going in the right direction and I’m happy that Jaroslaw implemented it.
    But I think we should give this kind of stuff more attention 😎🙏🏽

• Custom 'shapes' for LFO/Oscillators/Envelopes has been on my wish list for very long time :)

Think about it, an envelope is a 'One Shot Custom Waveform' with a sustain point and 'phase set/reset' on note-on events.
    An envelope with a loop option is an LFO with limited control over the waveform shape depending on the number of points and options for curves.

Running the LFO at high enough speed turns it into an oscillator with a user defined shape.

A step-sequencer with optional loop and interpolation between the steps could fulfill the duties of an envelope, lfo and a user-oscillator.

The resolution per step of 'step-sequencer' could range from 'one sample' to 'one bar' and length could be user defined.
    (In SunVox & Drambo I can use samples as 'control curves' by playing the sample back very, very slow).

With value guides on X (Time) & Y (Level) it would be a breeze to draw synced envelopes, LFOs and even Oscillator waveforms using either a Line/Curve-Tool (between two points) or free-form (Handy for step-editing).

Very experimental I know but when it clicks it's like why are we so limited with the modulation options.

Let 2021 be the year when we get more advanced modulation options for our synth apps :)

Take Care,

• edited January 2021

Use miRack as cv to midi converter to draw/shape your own LFOs and use AUM to map parameters on any synth.

I believe there's a mscHack module that supports this for LFOs and envelopes.

• @auxmux said:
    Use miRack as cv to midi converter to draw/shape your own LFOs and use AUM to map parameters on any synth.

Have to check this out🙏🏽

• @Samu said:
    Custom 'shapes' for LFO/Oscillators/Envelopes has been on my wish list for very long time :)

Think about it, an envelope is a 'One Shot Custom Waveform' with a sustain point and 'phase set/reset' on note-on events.
    An envelope with a loop option is an LFO with limited control over the waveform shape depending on the number of points and options for curves.

Running the LFO at high enough speed turns it into an oscillator with a user defined shape.

A step-sequencer with optional loop and interpolation between the steps could fulfill the duties of an envelope, lfo and a user-oscillator.

The resolution per step of 'step-sequencer' could range from 'one sample' to 'one bar' and length could be user defined.
    (In SunVox & Drambo I can use samples as 'control curves' by playing the sample back very, very slow).

With value guides on X (Time) & Y (Level) it would be a breeze to draw synced envelopes, LFOs and even Oscillator waveforms using either a Line/Curve-Tool (between two points) or free-form (Handy for step-editing).

Very experimental I know but when it clicks it's like why are we so limited with the modulation options.

Let 2021 be the year when we get more advanced modulation options for our synth apps :)

Take Care,

Wow...that is a great point of view. Thank you for the additional informations🤜🏼💥🤛🏼
    2020 was the year of Musical effects....2021could be the year of modulation effects 🙏🏽😎

• edited January 2021

@DarkAum3o said:

@auxmux said:

Have to check this out🙏🏽

Here's a video of this in action. I used Quad LFO and Squonk in miRack to control parameters in Ripplemaker and Ruismaker Noir. Swipe right to see the apps in action. The great thing about AUM midi controls is you can specify the ranges of how much parameters are affected.

• I wrote a group of effects for the Mac sometime back that was centered around using Bezier curves for modulation. I've been trying to figure out how to bring them to iOS for a while now. I'd like to separate out the curve modulation into its own AU, but my testing with using MIDI to parameter mapping makes me think that this path isn't good enough at this point. My feeling now is that I would need to do these with the modulation curves dedicated to the effects.

I'd be interested in hearing what you think and how you would like to see something like this done today. Here is a link to the doc for the old effect if you are interested in looking at it:

http://www.neonsilicon.com/Downloads/Docs/F8_Guide.pdf

• @auxmux said:

@DarkAum3o said:

@auxmux said:

Have to check this out🙏🏽

Here's a video of this in action. I used Quad LFO and Squonk in miRack to control parameters in Ripplemaker and Ruismaker Noir. Swipe right to see the apps in action. The great thing about AUM midi controls is you can specify the ranges of how much parameters are affected.

Coooool...thank you🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

• @NeonSilicon said:
    I wrote a group of effects for the Mac sometime back that was centered around using Bezier curves for modulation. I've been trying to figure out how to bring them to iOS for a while now. I'd like to separate out the curve modulation into its own AU, but my testing with using MIDI to parameter mapping makes me think that this path isn't good enough at this point. My feeling now is that I would need to do these with the modulation curves dedicated to the effects.

I'd be interested in hearing what you think and how you would like to see something like this done today. Here is a link to the doc for the old effect if you are interested in looking at it:

Ohhhhh....I think I’m the wrong guy to ask s.th. specific like that🙈😬
    The only thing I know is that I’m missing this feature of modulating lfo’s.
    It would be great if this lfo’s are implemented in every upcoming synth. Further I would like to see a “simple” auv3 fx like rozetta lfo, with all the options you saw in the video above. That way we could route it to every synth in hosts like AUM/ApeMatrix or all our daws.

I’ve try to go through your doc but it’s way to high for me🤪...I’m sorry

• @DarkAum3o said:

@NeonSilicon said:
    I wrote a group of effects for the Mac sometime back that was centered around using Bezier curves for modulation. I've been trying to figure out how to bring them to iOS for a while now. I'd like to separate out the curve modulation into its own AU, but my testing with using MIDI to parameter mapping makes me think that this path isn't good enough at this point. My feeling now is that I would need to do these with the modulation curves dedicated to the effects.

Ohhhhh....I think I’m the wrong guy to ask s.th. specific like that🙈😬
    The only thing I know is that I’m missing this feature of modulating lfo’s.
    It would be great if this lfo’s are implemented in every upcoming synth. Further I would like to see a “simple” auv3 fx like rozetta lfo, with all the options you saw in the video above. That way we could route it to every synth in hosts like AUM/ApeMatrix or all our daws.

I’ve try to go through your doc but it’s way to high for me🤪...I’m sorry

The only part of the doc that is relevant to this thread really is the section on the LFO/Modulation curves on page 6. The rest of the doc can give you an idea of what was being modulated.

The main thing was that the use of the Bezier curves to draw the modulations makes it so that the LFO's can have really sharp and fast shapes. They don't mix very well with the limited resolution of MIDI and lots parameter mapping in DAWs and AU hosts. But, those sharp changes are really critical to the way the effects sound.

• @auxmux said:

@DarkAum3o said:

@auxmux said:

Have to check this out🙏🏽

This is great ... love that glitchy blippy bloopy sound.

• edited January 2021

In addition to the graphic shaper, graphic modulator, wavetable + wave FX, etc, you can use the N-segment method to create a custom LFO.
    Take an LFO, 6+ knobs, and N-1 mixer.
    Lfo (unipolar) is routed to N-1 index. Index is set to x-fade or smooth.
    Add the 6 or more knobs to the N inputs.
    Tweak knobs to create a new signal.
    Use oscilloscope to see your wave.

• edited January 2021

I’m just gonna say though - the Wavetable oscillator tuned down into LFO frequency ranges + the dozens of wave fx / wave processors honestly make the most comprehensive lfo designer on IOS..in my experience.

Check out this waveform, with some wicked ring mod shaping. Sounds as cool as it looks too!

Or something more shapely, using multiple wave fx to sculpt, expand, flip the wave.

• @aleyas Thanks for the tips! Gonna try them out now!

• @aleyas said:
    In addition to the graphic shaper, graphic modulator, wavetable + wave FX, etc, you can use the N-segment method to create a custom LFO.

What app / host is that a picture of? Looks excellent!

• @Ambionik said:

@aleyas said:

What app / host is that a picture of? Looks excellent!

It is "DRAMBO" :smiley: best App on iOS/iPadOS platform :wink: