Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New M1 MacBook Pro on the way. Can we talk hubs and docks ?

Hi

I’ve just bitten the bullet to replace my trusty 11year old 17’ MBP (graphic card failure) and ordered a new MBP M1 (arrives in a couple of weeks) and looking for advice from anyone who has trodden this path before me....I’m all hubbed and docked out with all the options.

Could someone please let me know what’s the best way for me to connect all the following including power delivery to the laptop & iPad Mini 5 ? Homing in on the Caldigit SOHO for portability but not sure I can connect the Mini 5 to the USB C port for charge / sync /sidecar. Can I daisy chain a multi port USB hub from the USB A port for my midi peripherals below ? Also looking at the Belgian T3 Dock Pro but I’d prefer to not blow nearly £300 on my connectivity....

**External Monitor **

(either my old Apple Cinema Display with mini display port or new monitor with HDMI / display port)

USB controllers

Xkey 25
Launchpad Mini Mk 3
Faderfox UC4

Audio Interface Needs to sit on its own on one of the ports.

Motu M4

External SSD & HDD ( not necessarily simultaneously)

Thanks all

Comments

• Just a couple of suggestions:

• You can definitely connect a USB hub to the USB-A port for other gear.
    • What do you mean that the audio interface "Needs to sit on its own on one of the ports"? Can't it join the other USBs?
    • I don't believe you can sync the iPad Mini through the dock. It will need a direct connection to the computer, either Lightning-USB-C or (maybe) simple USB adapter for the computer.
    • Of course, you can charge the iPad from any USB port.
  • Thanks for the quick reply...

I thought it was better not to have the interface running through the hub ?

If that’s not the case then it would be great if I could run it on the USB C port of the Soho, the USB hub off the USB 3 A port & the iPad on the other T3 port on the laptop