Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[Solved] Ravenscroft 275 (stand alone) midi does not work

edited February 2021 in Support and Feedback

Dear all,
I am writing for the first time but I read regularly the forum and would like to thank in advance all of you For your precious support.
Since the last update of Ravenscroft (after the issue with the auv3 loading) I have a very annoying problem with the Stand Alone version.
I am using the app with an external keyboard, and I use it on on channel 2 with all other channels de-selected

The app in this way does not respond to any midi message ...
The only way to make it work is to select also ch1 ... but in this way the app responds to all channels (like it would be set as “Omni”) so I am not able to use the app in a setup with other “sound modules” on different midi channels.
I have tried to reinstall the app, clean up (reset) my iPad settings, reboot the device ... but it always has this behaviour..

Would be some one of you so kind to check if the app has the same issue on your setup or it’s somehow mine only behaving this way?

I am on iPad 8 iOS 14.3 and have checked the midi msgs with a midi monitor so i am sure I am transmitting on ch2 ( or 3 or 4 etc. As the behaviour is the same).
Same setup works perfectly with korg module pro.
Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Comments

• I can confirm the same issue here on an iPad 8 gen 14.3, and iPad Air 2 12.3. Ravenscroft v1.1.6 on each. Previous to the last update the midi assignments performed as expected. Hopefully they're aware of it and will fix it.

I checked this with a Plug Key as well as via Bluetooth (MD-BT01).

• wimwim
    edited January 2021

Have you tried setting Ravenscroft to receive on channel 3 (while still sending from your controller on channel 2)? I'm a programmer, and have made mistakes before in coding where midi channels are one off if I'm not paying attention.

• edited January 2021

@wim said:
    Have you tried setting Ravenscroft to receive on channel 3 (while still sending from your controller on channel 2)? I'm a programmer, and have made mistakes before in coding where midi channels are one-off if I'm not paying attention.

You may just be right there @wim. It could explain why selecting Channel 1 seems to produce "omni".

• @wim, yes I have done that with the same result, thank you. I have also tried a variety of other channel assignments as well, all with the same result.

• edited January 2021

@wim said:
    Have you tried setting Ravenscroft to receive on channel 3 (while still sending from your controller on channel 2)? I'm a programmer, and have made mistakes before in coding where midi channels are one off if I'm not paying attention.

Dear wim , thanks for the hint. I tried but the app responds only when ch1 is selected and act as it were in omni.

@stone said:
    I can confirm the same issue here on an iPad 8 gen 14.3, and iPad Air 2 12.3. Ravenscroft v1.1.6 on each. Previous to the last update the midi assignments performed as expected. Hopefully they're aware of it and will fix it.

Dear stone, thank you for testing it, unfortunately it seems then to be a real bug... do you know how to inform uvi?
    Are they present in the forum?

• I messaged UVI last night and received acknowledgment of the message within the hour. Just this morning I received another message from them stating they are looking into the issue. I'm fairly impressed with their service.

They have been present on the forum before but I don't recall their user name. I contacted them through their support portal. I'll repost when I hear any news, thank you.

• @uncledave said:

@wim said:
    Have you tried setting Ravenscroft to receive on channel 3 (while still sending from your controller on channel 2)? I'm a programmer, and have made mistakes before in coding where midi channels are one-off if I'm not paying attention.

You may just be right there @wim. It could explain why selecting Channel 1 seems to produce "omni".

Btw, omni is not a send thing, it is a listeners thing. 'Omni' means listen to all channels.> @pippo18 said:

@wim said:

Dear wim , thanks for the hint. I tried but the app responds only when ch1 is selected and act as it were in omni.

@stone said:
    I can confirm the same issue here on an iPad 8 gen 14.3, and iPad Air 2 12.3. Ravenscroft v1.1.6 on each. Previous to the last update the midi assignments performed as expected. Hopefully they're aware of it and will fix it.

Dear stone, thank you for testing it, unfortunately it seems then to be a real bug... do you know how to inform uvi?

They have a website through which you can contact them.

• @espiegel123 said:

@uncledave said:

@wim said:

Btw, omni is not a send thing, it is a listeners thing. 'Omni' means listen to all channels.

Yes, that's what I meant. The OP said that when the app is set to listen on channel 1, it listens on all channels, as if Omni had been selected. When it's set to listen on any other channel, it doesn't receive anything.

• @uncledave said:

@espiegel123 said:

@uncledave said:

@wim said:

Btw, omni is not a send thing, it is a listeners thing. 'Omni' means listen to all channels.

Yes, that's what I meant. The OP said that when the app is set to listen on channel 1, it listens on all channels, as if Omni had been selected. When it's set to listen on any other channel, it doesn't receive anything.

Got it. My bad for not reading carefully enough.

• @stone said:
    I messaged UVI last night and received acknowledgment of the message within the hour. Just this morning I received another message from them stating they are looking into the issue. I'm fairly impressed with their service.

They have been present on the forum before but I don't recall their user name. I contacted them through their support portal. I'll repost when I hear any news, thank you.

Thanks for the info and to keep us posted on the progress.> @espiegel123 said:

@uncledave said:

@wim said:

Btw, omni is not a send thing, it is a listeners thing. 'Omni' means listen to all channels.> @pippo18 said:

@wim said:

@stone said:

They have a website through which you can contact them.

Thanks I will contact them if stone will not receive feedback.

• So I've been in touch with UVI and yesterday they informed me that they have identified the issue and that it will be addressed in the next update. No indication of when that will be but I'm hoping it will be soon. If their update team is as efficient as their customer service I'd dare say it won't be long.

I know UVI has taken some heat here in the past but I've gotta say they were a pleasure to deal with. Class act for sure.

• @stone said:
    So I've been in touch with UVI and yesterday they informed me that they have identified the issue and that it will be addressed in the next update. No indication of when that will be but I'm hoping it will be soon. If their update team is as efficient as their customer service I'd dare say it won't be long.

I know UVI has taken some heat here in the past but I've gotta say they were a pleasure to deal with. Class act for sure.

This is a good news, let's hope the update will be available soon... it's quite a mess now to use the app in standalone ... keep us posted if there is any news from UVI (e.g. expected update date). Thanks!

• You're welcome @pippo18 and thank you for bringing this up.

The update was released today and I hope to have a play with it later. Thanks UVI for your quick response.

• Downloaded and now the midi on the standalone app works as expected (and auv3 still works :) ).
    SOLVED

• @stone, UVI is very responsive. They added the pedal noise volume slider as a result of requests from the forum.