Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Portable Speaker (wired) recommendations

Any decent outdoor proof speakers worth their salt?
Eyed the jbls and marshals - stereo would be nice... seen minirigs too... was hoping for a bit cheaper... but we’ll see ...
any help much appreciated
Jas

Comments

• It wold be helpful to know how loud do you need it to be and how you’d be using it.

• @supadom impromptu indoor:outdoor jamming, travel - As for loudness - I’d like to get a decent bass ... loud enough to fill a small room for guess?
    What do you use?

• I like my minirig 3s but setting up stereo can be a bit of a faff, but you get used to it if you do it a lot.
    I haven't got the sub yet but will get one when I can afford it. For the size the sound is good. :)

• This one is expensive so I had to save up to afford it (you can find discounted ones on eBay if you are patient), but it blew all the other competitors away: https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/portable_pa_speakers/s1_pro_system.html#v=s1_pro_system_with_battery_black

I still can't believe how amazing it sounds in small rooms (and battery powered!).

• @id_23 said:
    @supadom impromptu indoor:outdoor jamming, travel - As for loudness - I’d like to get a decent bass ... loud enough to fill a small room for guess?
    What do you use?

I personally only have a cheap skytek battery powered 10” ABS monitor/pa speaker. It works well albeit doesn’t have hi quality sound. It’s loud though so you can have a serious rave in a small room. ;)
    There’s smaller 8” versions and can have different names like Kam, Qtx or Skytec but are basically all the same. Some have SD card slots and Bluetooth. Still, despite all the connectivity the sound is not amazing but will get you through if you’re short of cash.

Having typed all this you’re probably after something to put in your rucksack and this you cannot. ;)

• @Carnbot said:
    I like my minirig 3s but setting up stereo can be a bit of a faff, but you get used to it if you do it a lot.
    I haven't got the sub yet but will get one when I can afford it. For the size the sound is good. :)

Came here to say this.

I have the sub. It pumps.

The backpack is great.

• Thanks !
    Had my eye on these for ages.... so I’m very tempted, and being a Bristolian too of course I am biased!
    ;)

@Carnbot said:
    I like my minirig 3s but setting up stereo can be a bit of a faff, but you get used to it if you do it a lot.

• Thanks!
    Spotted that one too... looks sweet!
    Pricey, but a contender when the cash is there!

@lukesleepwalker said:
    This one is expensive so I had to save up to afford it (you can find discounted ones on eBay if you are patient), but it blew all the other competitors away: https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/portable_pa_speakers/s1_pro_system.html#v=s1_pro_system_with_battery_black

I still can't believe how amazing it sounds in small rooms (and battery powered!).

• It’s really useful info too, a home and garden speaker is also a very useful idea... thanks for the input,
    :)

@supadom said:

@id_23 said:
    @supadom impromptu indoor:outdoor jamming, travel - As for loudness - I’d like to get a decent bass ... loud enough to fill a small room for guess?
    What do you use?

I personally only have a cheap skytek battery powered 10” ABS monitor/pa speaker. It works well albeit doesn’t have hi quality sound. It’s loud though so you can have a serious rave in a small room. ;)
    There’s smaller 8” versions and can have different names like Kam, Qtx or Skytec but are basically all the same. Some have SD card slots and Bluetooth. Still, despite all the connectivity the sound is not amazing but will get you through if you’re short of cash.

Having typed all this you’re probably after something to put in your rucksack and this you cannot. ;)

• That’s the truth!
    Just need to get the savings gathered!

@johnfromberkeley said:

@Carnbot said:

Came here to say this.

I have the sub. It pumps.

The backpack is great.

• edited January 2021

@id_23 said:
    Thanks !
    Had my eye on these for ages.... so I’m very tempted, and being a Bristolian too of course I am biased!
    ;)

@Carnbot said:

Ha, yes I'm a Bristolian too, shame we don't get a discount :)

They're really good speakers, but I hope if they do a V4 they give it a hardware volume, I don't enjoy the lack of hardware controls.