Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can't seem to get Touchscaper linked with any apps, not appearing as Audiobus option

I'm pretty new to Ipad music making. I just downloaded Touchscaper and I want to use sounds from other apps but I can't seem to get it linked up with anything. It also doesn't appear as an option for Audiobus Output. Any help much appreciated!

Comments

• @ilysianfields hello, do you have Cubasis? That’s how I use it. Open Touchscaper. Open Cubasis and load a midi track with desired instrument. I go back to Touchscaper and select midi (go to settings - advanced and choose ‘enable midi’. I then select which track I want to send to Cubasis. Is that any use?

• edited January 2021

@ilysianfields said:
    I'm pretty new to Ipad music making. I just downloaded Touchscaper and I want to use sounds from other apps but I can't seem to get it linked up with anything. It also doesn't appear as an option for Audiobus Output. Any help much appreciated!

Hi. You may be experiencing this funny situation with Virtual MIDI connections. For example, to send AudioBus MIDI to the app, select Virtual MIDI Bridge (System) as the AB output, then you should see AudioBus as a MIDI input in the app. Or you can do the same thing for an AB MIDI input. Just trying to connect to the other app by name, without specifically configuring virtual, may not work.

Edit: Please ignore the senrence about sending MIDI to the app, since it's a generator only. But you should be able to receive its MIDI as an input, as described.

• @moodscaper Can you be of help here?

• edited January 2021

This is one way to route.

Enable MIDI

Send an instrument to Audiobus (Virtual MIDI Bridge?)

Select Virtual MIDI Bridge in MIDI input

• edited January 2021

Thanks for the replies guys, hopefully that all helped @ilysianfields ?

Sorry for the late response, the above transpired around 1am in my timezone :smile:

Also something to note if it's not obvious, is that touchscaper is exposed to the IAA world as an IAA generator not an instrument, so won't show up in (DAW-like) hosts that expect IAA instruments.

Also, touchscaper generates MIDI and audio output, it doesn't receive or process it.

• If it’s any use this is what touchscaper exposes in AUM...