Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recording experiment. iFretlless bus ride to Cubasis

edited February 2013 in Creations

Yesterday I was noodling around on guitar and came up with an ACDC inspired track. After assembling a drum sequence in the new loop drum feature in Amplitube and audio copy/pasted into Cubasis, laid a couple rhthym guitar tracks, I then needed some solid bass lines.

Enter iFretless. After tweaking the volume (raised it half way) velocity (adjusted by about 20 %) and a little eq (raised low mids and hi mids) i was set up to record through Audiobus to Cubasis. Worked like a charm. So much more natural to play 2 finger 1/8th notes on a bass string then on a keyboard. In Cubasis I applied compressor to the recorded bass to help control the volume peaks when playing higher notes.

Not sure if I'm gonna finish this one, it was just an experiment. STill needs lead guitar and vocals/lyrics.

Comments

• I'm glad to hear it works well in a recording like that. How did you do the guitars? Is it a real guitar or a guitar app?

• Real guitar, through Fender Mustang amp and USB audio out to iPad via camera connection kit. I also hame JamUp, Amplitube, Mobile Pod and AmpKit apps but like to mix it up.

• Cool. Sometimes it's nice just to have a good old thrash. You should finish it, if you're up to that style of vocals.

• edited February 2013

Nah, I can't pull it off. i wish I could bring back Bon Scott from the grave to lay down some Vox. Lol.

• I sympathise. One of my biggest regrets in life is that I can't sing well.

• I can only do background oohs and ahhhs. Can't do lead vocals, any style. :-( I hate my voice. Maybe gotta go auto-tune ;-)

• No amp simulator can compare real amp still. Good guitar sound.

• What all apps did you use for this? Solid little beat, love that style

• What all apps did you use for this? Solid little beat, love that style

Drums came from Amplitube's new 'loop drummer' feature. Audio copy/pasted into Cubasis.

2 guitars panned hard left/right recorded straight into Cubasis from Fender amp via USB cable and Apple's camera connection kit.

IFretless Bass app thru Audiobus to Cubasis.

• Speaking of loop drummer in amplitube, it needs the timestrech feature pretty bad.

• If you are copy / pasting anyway, you could use Loopy to timestretch it?

• I'm not sure how much Ik Multimedia is going to put into the loop drummer feature for recording. As presented, it seems more geared toward song sketching. I must admit tho that the drum sounds are pretty solid. I only purchased the Rock, Punk, and Metal packs, I haven't heard the Pop, Funk or Electronic sounds.