Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Erae Touch forum

Anyone pre-ordered Erae touch? Can't wait to try this out.. I could not find any forum for it hence creating one here so that so "Erae-ians" can share their experience and knowledge...

Comments

• Seems no one preordered or interested in such community

• And it can do this:

• It does look quite interesting. Just at face value it resembles Roli blocks.

• I love how you can hit it with drum sticks as well, that’s pretty dope.

• After video, I was pretty wowed

@sujoybose77 said:
    And it can do this:

• @Poppadocrock said:
    It does look quite interesting. Just at face value it resembles Roli blocks.

Yes but much cheaper than blocks considering its large size which will allow you to play multiple octaves..

• Looks good. Love the fact you can create your own layouts. My main reservation remains the fact that (in contrast to the Linnstrument for example) there doesn't appear to be a tactile way to distinguish between individual notes which pretty much means you've got to look at it while you're playing it.

• @charalew said:
    Looks good. Love the fact you can create your own layouts. My main reservation remains the fact that (in contrast to the Linnstrument for example) there doesn't appear to be a tactile way to distinguish between individual notes which pretty much means you've got to look at it while you're playing it.

Yes I thought about it before I preorder and I agree that this is a limitation. I am planning to make an engraved cover for it (just like I did in iPad Pro while playing Geoshred).. Let's see how it goes..

• Interestingly, it also operates as a step sequencer, with selectable scales...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/erae-touch/erae-touch-the-expressive-music-controller-0/description

Retail, it’s going to be around the £700 mark apparently, rising to £800 or so on release. Looks very configurable.

• Haven’t pre ordered but I will. I was only holding off to see if they got a bit of support like roli. For me the lightpad was the best mpe controller - I need a digital piano for piano, nothing else is playable really with any touch, so a continuous surface without keys is exactly what I need to fill the gap. The lightpad Was just too small though and also designed to break in that it has a no. Replaceable Battery and fails to work even plugged in usb when the battery goes, which it does. I’m not a fan of roli actually so this, they don’t listen to consumers, and I don’t like any of the squidgy keyboards as I find it obsolete retaining a keyboard design in this kind of instrument, worst of both worlds, as well the surface being too sticky to slide easily, if the pad is a nice pressure - the lightpad was uneven and a bit too hard even the m - would be perfect.

• edited January 2021

I don’t know if this would work but for some time I’ve thought an ideal solution for iPad would be a silicon type clear mat Bluetooth or whatever, that you lay over the screen to introduce the other mpe dimensions, with resistance giving it depth sensing. Even a glove with silicon tips 👀

• @charalew said:
    Looks good. Love the fact you can create your own layouts. My main reservation remains the fact that (in contrast to the Linnstrument for example) there doesn't appear to be a tactile way to distinguish between individual notes which pretty much means you've got to look at it while you're playing it.

I think it depends on preference (as you were saying) as I’d rather it not have any tactile fret equivalents. I think you feel the changes more by sound when playing, or you can.

• Looks cool. Two positives and two negatives from me:

Pros: the ability to play with sticks and overall size.

Cons: These are great when sun doesn’t screw the visibility, not too dissimilar from an iPad.

On an iPad pressure can be emulated by touch area. Some apps and micro freak use that for velocity detection, I wonder if it could be used for pressure (aftertouch)?.

The price is on the edge of affordability for me but if I was making enough money playing live that wouldn’t be an issue.

• @wingwizard said:

@charalew said:

I think it depends on preference (as you were saying) as I’d rather it not have any tactile fret equivalents. I think you feel the changes more by sound when playing, or you can.

If you're 'just' an instrumentalist it's not too much of an issue. If you're trying to play and sing (talking about a previous lifetime obviously!) it's a more significant limitation

• @charalew said:

@wingwizard said:

@charalew said:

If you're 'just' an instrumentalist it's not too much of an issue. If you're trying to play and sing (talking about a previous lifetime obviously!) it's a more significant limitation

Hmmm. Yeah, I do both but I don’t think these are suited to any keyboard style instrument. Rather expressive instrumental parts which for me wouldn’t be sung with. I only do that with piano/guitar really

• Pre-ordered today. Looks cool. I have a couple Drumkats that I will sell to fund this.

• @wingwizard said:

That works for monophonic melody, but is not conducive to harmony.

• What’s up with the really high country taxes (nearly $150) on this?

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    What’s up with the really high country taxes (nearly $150) on this?

Is that $150 on top of the price you paid while pre-ordered?

• I paid $690 + $29 shipping. US no other taxes. Pre-order is same as kickstarter for now.

• @sujoybose77 said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    What’s up with the really high country taxes (nearly $150) on this?

Is that $150 on top of the price you paid while pre-ordered?

• This is insane.. You must contact them.. Please let us know what's the response

• @sujoybose77 said:
    This is insane.. You must contact them.. Please let us know what's the response

It was gonna be an impulse buy, but that ‘surprise’ shut everything down. I might reach out to them if I go forward with it in the near future.

This looks really cool tho, so good looking out on bringing attention to it! I’m sure I probably missed it in plain sight, but does this have Bluetooth midi/mpe?

• Sucks, but Embodme has absolutely nothing to do with taxes. Gotta talk to your respective country about that. Not sure where you are but it’s very rare to have US customs charge duty on items shipped here. Only had it happen twice in 30+ years of buying gear and it wasn’t the US government, but the shipping company.

• In the US you shouldn't have to pay import taxes on anything under $800.

• They posted a new video with SWAM string played on Erae Touch...

• Yeah that looks not that sensitive...it looks the pizzicato need quite some force !

• edited June 2021

If apple would include 3D touch into an iPad, this device can be basically an app (minus hitting with drumsticks ;).
    For ~800 Eur it's probably a better choice to get another iPad (even without 3D touch) as an input device rather than this thing.

• edited June 2021

@israelite said:
    If apple would include 3D touch into an iPad, this device can be basically an app (minus hitting with drumsticks ;).
    For ~800 Eur it's probably a better choice to get another iPad (even without 3D touch) as an input device rather than this thing.

Here’s the thing, a developer could potentially simulate 3D touch by using Apple’s built-in finger pad size sensing for the iPad. I’m not using the proper term for it, but I recall reading in the HIG (Human Interface Guidelines) manual that finger pad sizes can be averaged to narrow the touch radius on the multitouch surface. With this in mind, a finger which is pressed harder on a display would have a larger “contact patch” and that could be interpreted by an app as aftertouch if the developer were to use it for that function.