Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Caelum Audio Flux Mini Beta

Hi All!

We've just launched our iOS Public Beta test for Flux Mini, which is an AUv3 that acts as an LFO tool (a synchronised envelope really) for amplitude, low pass & high pass filters! We hope you enjoy having a play and are looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Here is the TestFlight link: https://testflight.apple.com/join/Agngfbmq

Here is a screenshot of the current desktop version:

Thanks,
David and Gabriel

Edit: Should probably add that you can add and delete points on the graph by double tapping! Also, If you want to hear it in action, all of these loops were made using Flux Mini as an insert:

Comments

• edited January 2021

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

Cool straightforward minimalistic controls but I miss longer modulation periods (8 bars). Also, perhaps a slider could be a better option for choosing a modulation rate. Knob switches very rapidly between 1 2 and 4 bars.

Would be great to have buttons on the side of the graph to choose some standard shapes of the modulation graphs (a full sinusoide will do, if you ask me).

• Thanks so much.

• Looks promising! Will it be supported on macOS as well? 😊

• edited January 2021

@israelite great feedback, thank you! You say that it varies rapidly between 1, 2 and 4 bars, do you think you would benefit from having other options between these?

@Charlesalbert no problem, thank you for giving it a go!

@mrvenceslas yes, Flux Mini will be available on iOS/iPadOS, MacOS and Windows!

David

• Hmm, this looks like a 'lite' version of Infected Mushrooms Gatekeeper?
    https://polyversemusic.com/products/gatekeeper/

If that's the case it's a very welcome addition to the arsenal :)
    (Too many apps to test at the moment so I'll pass for now).

Cheers!

• I look forward to testing this one.

Thank you.

• I’ve had a play.
    I could easily drop this in on a track without hesitation.

My only criticism is that the ,’curves’, window feels a
    little bit to small but that’s my own personal preference.

I’ve got a d n b loop running through it at the moment.
    It sounds really good.

Oh...Is ,’Croydub’, named after ,’Croydon’???

• does notes midi can trigger envelopes

• AWESOMENESS @CaelumAudio thank you. I’m really enjoying your apps and some of the free samples on your site. Cheers!

• @Emanresu said:
    does notes midi can trigger envelopes

I tested this to find out myself.. it doesn't appear so.

Midi triggerable envelopes are the #1 feature I look for in external filters. Would be fantastic if that could be implemented.

It appears filter frequency isn't exposed either? I get that the envelope is doing the sweep, but the filter sounds so nice that it'd be great to have manual control over that as well - especially when using it in modular hosts like Dambo where you can modulate it with high resolution lfos, etc.

• The filters sound quite nice on this. Would add quite a bit and still keep it fairly simple to make an internal lfo for the resonance knob.

• Hi all!

@Samu thank you for taking a look, we hope it is indeed a welcome addition to the arsenal!

@Gravitas thank you for your thoughts about the curves window, we will have a think about that one. Also, you're right, that preset is named after Croydon!

@Emanresu , @aleyas is correct, MIDI triggers is definitely something that we will consider implementing but isn't currently built into the app.

@Poppadocrock thank you for the kind words, we are so happy to hear that you are enjoying our apps and samples!

@aleyas although it was never imagined it would be used in that way, it should be possible to control the filter frequency externally. If you remove all the points and curves except for the very first one, you can control the cutoff frequency with the parameter "py0".

@Shiloh great to hear you like the filters! We will consider making the resonance filter controllable too but for the time being the envelope will stick to controlling cut-off and amplitude.

Thank you all for your responses so far. We are incredibly grateful for everyone who is giving this a go. We look forward to hearing any further thoughts and comments that anyone may have!

David and Gabriel

• Cool in regards to the curves window.

Ahhh!!! thought so.
    Croydon is only around the corner from me here in London.
    Got to big up the ,’Sauf London’, sides once in awhile.

• @CaelumAudio great Little App🙏🏽🖤🙏🏽
    One thing I wish it would have😬
    How about a grit kn the background and the possibility to draw the shapes in steps directly to the grit (second function Button), like in Serum Vst´s lfo??

• Hi all!

@DarkAum3o glad you like it! I'm not hugely familiar with serum, do you mean kind of like a step sequencer?

Thought I'd let everyone know how it is going with the beta. We have received fantastic and incredibly useful feedback from loads of people so thank you all! Since posting originally Flux Mini has had a couple of updates of which I will detail below. Gabriel and I would be grateful for any further feedback anyone can give as we get ever closer to a release-worthy version.

We have had a few requests for longer sync times (8 bars, 16 bars etc.). In regards to this, we are working on a different version of Flux that will be more appropriate for these longer times.

Update 1.0.9 Changes:

• Crash fixes.
    • Button to toggle the visualisation.
    • Fixed point sorting when multiple points are selected.
    • Larger points.

Update 1.0.7 Changes and Feedback Requests:

• Waveform view now updates mid sync. As before it will update after every full sync cycle as well. Framerate of this is a trade-off between looks and performance. Please let us know how it performs and if you feel it would benefit from an increased/decreased rate. Hopefully this will also work sufficiently for a play head as the current location will be visible.
    • Waveform view no longer runs off the top.
    • Preset names can now be seen by the host.
    • Now supports a taller aspect ratio so that the graph can be made bigger vertically.

Thanks all!

David

• @CaelumAudio In Serum you have the option to snap the points to the grit if you press „Alt-key“ you also can directly draw the steps. It’s always hard for me to explain this to people. Maybe this Video will help me to explain—>
    Timestamp 3:12 - 4:45 / the whole video gives a great explanation about how the lfo in serum works and the benefits of it.

I really wish every upcoming synth or effect with lfo’s would have this possibility. It’s s.th. that I don’t know any iOS synth offers right now.
    Thx for listening 🙏🏽🖤🙏🏽

• @DarkAum3o thanks for sharing. I think that this would be easy to implement as it is a case of adding a couple of small behaviours to the graph. I guess some thought needs to be taken on how this would best be integrated as iOS doesn’t have the nice ease of being able to press alt (in most cases). I will definitely have this in mind in the future! The graph isn’t the most straightforward thing so it will make some comebacks as it will be a useful component!

David

• @CaelumAudio said:
    @DarkAum3o thanks for sharing. I think that this would be easy to implement as it is a case of adding a couple of small behaviours to the graph. I guess some thought needs to be taken on how this would best be integrated as iOS doesn’t have the nice ease of being able to press alt (in most cases). I will definitely have this in mind in the future! The graph isn’t the most straightforward thing so it will make some comebacks as it will be a useful component!

David

Cool...great that you find it could be useful ☺️
    If I think about the pressing of alt-key, a “2nd option” bottom comes always to my mind😉

• edited January 2021

@CaelumAudio As for fixing to grid, a button to switch on ‘snap to grid’ could work, as cleverly done in Drambo Graphic Modulator.
    Longer sync would be nice. Perhaps make the knob also a button, as to scroll the available modes.
    Like it lots! Modulating the node parameters with Mozaic lfo’s is good fun ;)

• @DarkAum3o and @Frank303 a v1.0.10 build has just been submitted to Apple which has a button to enable snap to grid. Hopefully should appear in test flight within the next day or two. I’m the meantime please make do with a screenshot (button in top right of the Flux Mini window)!

• @CaelumAudio said:
    @DarkAum3o and @Frank303 a v1.0.10 build has just been submitted to Apple which has a button to enable snap to grid. Hopefully should appear in test flight within the next day or two. I’m the meantime please make do with a screenshot (button in top right of the Flux Mini window)!

That’s great🤩🤩🤩

• edited January 2021

Wow that’s fast!
    Perhaps add more descriptive names to the exposed parameters. I love experimenting, it’s great everything is exposed, and likely this is because it’s still a beta, but I don’t have a clue what I’m mapping :)

• @Frank303 said:
    Wow that’s fast!
    Perhaps add more descriptive names to the exposed parameters. I love experimenting, it’s great everything is exposed, and likely this is because it’s still a beta, but I don’t have a clue what I’m mapping :)

To be honest, those parameters don't have names because it was never intended for anyone to actually use them externally! The only reason they are exposed is so that the host can tell if a parameter has changed as many hosts won't re-save until it detects a change - there would be nothing worse than someone making a really complex graph only for it not to be saved! However, if it would be useful it would be easy to give them recognisable names. Impossible to ensure the points will stay in the correct order for their names however.

David

• This is cool!!

• @reasOne said:
    This is cool!!

Agreed.

The tweaks so far have made it much smoother.
    It’s shaping up quite nicely.

• @CaelumAudio I understand the node nrs will always be in order, that’s fine. Modulating the parameters with an lfo, even when just randomly assigning them, give super cool results and makes me very happy.

• edited January 2021

I’m really enjoying this thing, with easy dot and line manipulation for the envelope, it’s easy to use, fun, looks cool, and sounds really nice

@Frank303 said:
    @CaelumAudio I understand the node nrs will always be in order, that’s fine. Modulating the parameters with an lfo, even when just randomly assigning them, give super cool results and makes me very happy.

Second sentence, yes it is.

• I have now submitted a build which has more sensible names for those parameters, hopefully it will make a bit more sense! From testing it looks as though they should stay in order as well.

David

• Huge fan of this app. It’s an instabuy for me when released (public beta can be good marketing if you have good products!)

My only suggestion is that I’d love to see a contrasting color within the envelope window. One color for the area being currently being modified, another color for the remaining space (with the drawn in lines acting as the threshold between the two). I think the aesthetic would be better but also, the way my brain works, the way the app works would click faster I think. It took me a moment to figure out what was going on and this also carries over to the control knobs. It wasn’t clear to me if I was working with the amp, low pass or high pass at first or all 3. Although I just opened the app again to make sure I was remembering all of this correctly and the section on the right side with the knobs does appear very clean and clear with the contrasting colors for the most part. Not sure if this was already altered a bit? Great work!!!

• edited February 2021

Great app sounds and works really well here on 7 Plus/14.4, reminds me Polyverse Gatekeeper.