Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Do you have nanokey studio? Is it good?

2»

Comments

• I love it. The only thing is whether you want more realistic midi keys. I have another midi keyboard with decent keys so I wasn’t concerned that the KNS has keys like a large old school QWERTY keyboard buttons, other then that so great. Super easy and simple. You can connect and midi learn so quickly it’s insane.

• @sigma79 said:

@Model10000 said:
    Have one and liked it alright until the upper-left most key and bottom left key quit sending out midi information. They were working half the time until I popped the keys off and cleaned them with a q-tip and tiny bit of alcohol and let it dry.

Anyone successfully performed surgery on the keys?

Added plastic. Still need to dust though. Sometimes I think my eyes are foggy. Or theres smoke in my room.

Quite artistic. I thought the machine just had a pair of red eyes but it looks like its playing the keyboard and above keyboard is also a turntable.

• Must complete the mapping setup. Its almost like its communicating right.

• Its just tweaking fader. If it were on the vinyl. That would be mad.

• Its got scale mode, arps, and chord pads, so pads can do drums or chords. Sure it’s a little on the small side. But It’s perfect for minimum space, portability, quick setup, BT connectivity. I just turn it on, pair, and midi learn some stuff and I’m off. No interface, no cables. You Can use it anywhere, and easily make music everywhere. No it’s not the most realistic keyboard, and there is better, bigger, things especially if you have a more permanent set up. But for me it’s great.

• @VoytecG said:

@tahiche said:
    I have it. Mixed feelings about it.

SNIP

• Need a pc/Mac to edit the mappings, there’s no way to do it from an iPad.

SNIP

I stopped at this. This is excellent observation! We have year 2021. The history of iPad is enough long just to have opportunity to edit mappings of our small devices with iOS, or iPadOS. Hands down.
    Sounds like rant. Sorry.
    VG

I just use midi learn in AUM. Never edited the mappings before although I do wish it was able to be done via iPad. Had for almost 2 years or so…

• My dream is a controller with an editor that is AUv3. It would be sooo cool it the controller setup could be statesaved with my projects.

• Can’t for the life of me find out the limited warranty for the Nanokey studio on the Korg site. Cool device but that cheap-ass USB connector appears to be broken—not physically, just can’t get a USB connection no matter what cable I use (Bluetooth works fine and I’m aware that some cables are data only). Had it for over 3 months so the Amazon return window is closed.

Anyone have luck with repair/replacement issues for this device? Any help would be appreciated.