Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Native Instruments is a faceless investment firm now 🤨

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• edited January 2021
  • I rather like the NKS part of Komplete...closest thing to Remote SL with Ableton

• Doesn’t sound like their going to make a DAW,
    sounds like their heading for the subscriptions.

“Native Instruments , Loops ‘R us”,...

Doesn’t really bode well for N.I. users.

The music industry got hit hard last year so music companies
    that are concerned about making a long term profit will turn
    to financial companies like Fransico who are providing short term
    gain with long term loss to the end user.

Basically Fransico turned up with a Life Insurance Policy.

• @AudioGus said:

Blezz beats videos are always entertaining

• Oh great. Now all the expansions packs will be flamenco and Spanish guitar.

• @AudioGus said:

I got 3 things to say:

1) the video still with Franco scared the shit out of me
    2) just became an instant fan of Blezz beats
    3) “ Now all the expansions packs will be flamenco and Spanish guitar”... that is so cliche!. In Spain we also have reggeatton, horrible melodic pop and other kinds of shameful music.

• edited January 2021

As someone who has invested a fair amount (for me anyways) in NI over the past 18 months, I am watching this development with hopeful fear etc.

• @Max23 said:
    whats next, rent our cloud junk?

Here is the deal.
    It is called a pricing plan. Usually with 3 options, the one in the middle you go for.
    A no-brainer. You get all the good stuff just for the equivalent of 3 plasticky cups with sugar, fat and coffein per month. It´s about being sustainable.
    If you are skeptical, you are too old for this life.

• edited January 2021
  • I just gave em 900$ a few months ago and figure I am good for many years without updating / upgrading / whatever so, eh, I'm good already.

• @Max23 said:

@neinneinnein said:

@Max23 said:

Here is the deal.
    It is called a pricing plan. Usually with 3 options, the one in the middle you go for.
    A no-brainer. You get all the good stuff just for the equivalent of 3 plasticky cups with sugar, fat and coffein per month. It´s about being sustainable.

sustainable for whom? ;)

For the planet? We all live on as human beings like never before? We must never forget that we as humans are all the same and want the same thing, but we can always choose freely among the 3 options in the pricing plan.

• @neinneinnein said:

@Max23 said:

@neinneinnein said:

@Max23 said:

Here is the deal.

sustainable for whom? ;)

For the planet? We all live on as human beings like never before? We must never forget that we as humans are all the same and want the same thing, but we can always choose freely among the 3 options in the pricing plan.

4 options

• edited January 2021
  • edited January 2021

@Max23 : so I was planning my finances to get Komplete during Black Friday 2021, mainly because I am interested in the huge number of affordable and left field experimental third party sampled instruments you can get for the full version, and because of it’s tight and seemingly idiot proof integration with their line of keyboards. If things under their new management turn out as dire as you predict (and I like you will never sign up to a subscription plan) - what credible alternatives are there? Does anyone know of any third party sample environments which can play Komplete instruments without a lot of jiggery pokery? Just planning ahead here...

• Did NI say somewhere that they are switching to a subscription model or is this just speculation?

• @michael_m said:
    Did NI say somewhere that they are switching to a subscription model or is this just speculation?

Speculation.

• @Max23 said:

@neinneinnein said:

@Max23 said:

@neinneinnein said:

@Max23 said:

Here is the deal.

sustainable for whom? ;)

blah blah blah
    sometimes I have money, sometimes I dont.
    subscription is very nice for a company as it guarantees them an incoming revenue stream.
    as struggling creative this means I would be locked out if I decide to fill the fridge in times im short on cash.
    no, thx.

they dont understand their clients anymore
    this will end bad.

so I give my money to small independent developers that understand my needs. :)
    N.I. will not see a single dime from me anymore.

No doubt the small independent developers will be looking forward to your occasional dimes and blah blah blahs.

• edited January 2021
  • @CapnWillie said:
    I could live 5 more lives, launching 5 more production careers and still not scratch the surface of what I bought from NI last year so I couldn’t give 5 bald flying rat asses about them scoring more money from a VC.

Native Instruments is good in my book and while I’m interested in where they’re going...I have way more than enough Maschine to last me and a whole team of other professional creatives atleast another decade.

I don’t know a single Maschine user that has even scratched the surface of the ecosystem and I know plenty including several award winning producers. Many still use Studio and haven’t upgraded past 10 yet.lol

Non issue.

Truth!

And if people are real paranoid just buy Komplete now. I bought perpetual Photoshop a month before it went cloud, totally not knowing it would no longer be available and glad I did.

• @CapnWillie said:
    I could live 5 more lives, launching 5 more production careers and still not scratch the surface of what I bought from NI last year so I couldn’t give 5 bald flying rat asses about them scoring more money from a VC.

Native Instruments is good in my book and while I’m interested in where they’re going...I have way more than enough Maschine to last me and a whole team of other professional creatives atleast another decade.

I don’t know a single Maschine user that has even scratched the surface of the ecosystem and I know plenty including several award winning producers. Many still use Studio and haven’t upgraded past 10 yet.lol

Non issue.

Facts. I’m finally upgrading my PC and it’s been a while and that’s because I really need to.

• @CapnWillie said:

Non issue.

The Capn gives us the perfect halftime pep talk and we run back out onto the field ready to punch venture capitalists and ten years olds etc. Well done sir.

• edited January 2021
  • @Max23 said:

@Gravitas said:

@michael_m said:
    Did NI say somewhere that they are switching to a subscription model or is this just speculation?

Speculation.

“Native Instruments is a perfect platform and partner for Francisco Partners. ... blah ... utilizing our broad operational and strategic experience and M&A capabilities to help the company accelerate its growth trajectory.“

You may guess once where that growth is supposed to come from.
    They are not talking about peanuts / small change
    And everybody on the planet that wants their stuff already bought it.
    So how to milk the crowd again?
    Not by selling hardware ;)

Cough cough

Yeah agreed, it’s obvious really.

• I'm a bit confused by most of the takes here. NI is already owned by an equity firm, since 2017. The Francisco Partners place has a really broad portfolio of companies that certainly doesn't look to me like they are aimed at only doing software rentals. I'd guess that the key to their plan to make money on this is in the mergers and acquisitions focus of FP. They are either there to set up NI to purchase more smaller companies or they are setting NI up to sell to a bigger company. I'd guess that they (FP) think that the audio software landscape is mature enough to be set for a round of consolidation.

• It was already before....

• @CapnWillie said:

But....don’t let that get in the way of good forum tea, pessimism and tech doomsdayism.😉

My thoughts too. Not sure why we don’t just wait and see what changes (if any) occur rather than speculate as if it’s fact.

• @CapnWillie said:

But....don’t let that get in the way of good forum tea, pessimism and tech doomsdayism.😉

Gold.

• NI in PC is Horrible.. they even not Yet found solutions to fix Tiny UI & font rendering in PC.