Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VirSyn AddStation - Tutorial on Blocks vs Parts, Modulation and Sequence Mod.

edited January 2021 in General App Discussion

A video as per request by @McD :) This shows: distinction between block and part. How to use the modulation options and the sequence mod. Darn it's so much harder than you think and one do appreciate the tutorial masters out there once you try to do one. Anyway I do hope it helps. Seven minutes that probably could have been four, sorry - inexperience shows. :*

Comments

• You DID it. I'll watch this in the morning. Thank you for showing leadership for this excellent
    Synth. I hope @virsyn sends you some promo keys for your use and to trade with your friends. Ideally, your presets could be added to the app in an update since importing them
    is not trivial and might be "a bridge too far" for many non-technical IOS users.

• edited January 2021

@McD said:
    You DID it. I'll watch this in the morning. Thank you for showing leadership for this excellent
    Synth. I hope @virsyn sends you some promo keys for your use and to trade with your friends. Ideally, your presets could be added to the app in an update since importing them
    is not trivial and might be "a bridge too far" for many non-technical IOS users.

That's an idea. I might write to them and suggest just that. We'll see. :)

Edit: I did write to them: asked them to fix the file-management and also suggested they include the presets I've done. :D :D That would be pretty cool. I will probably be included in another synth, in the summer at the earliest so it's hardly worth mentioning .. and yet I did. :O

• McDMcD
    edited January 2021

Notes while viewing.

BLOCK vs PART

• Always use copy/paste PART to get both Block and Part data in one gesture.
      Modulations

• Change the X setting to "Velocity" from "1"

• Check out Modulation values with note inputs
    • Use "Copy Block" between preset instances
    • Copy PART can duplicate a whole row

SEQUENCE

• Turn sync on
    • The angle between colors determines the speed of transitions between sequences(?)
    • This is how the sliding lines on the rows are created that show animation for a note

LOOP

• This makes all the selected block "loop" if a note is held until the ending

PITCH

This video really helps demo the terms and give them meaning that's not obvious. Now the manual is probably a good next step after getting excited about how this synth is really a different approach to making complex, layered sounds easily. Or looking at the settings in @pxlhg (Pixel Hog's) presets for the variety of approaches with layers, sequences, looping, etc.

Thanks for making it. Its always great when you request help and someone does the hard work for everyone to benefit.

I hope Harry of @virsyn add's your presets in an update. Ideally in a named folder since I imported into the main folder and navigation is made worse without using subfolders. Oops.

• Thank you for this. Very informative.

• edited January 2021

Loopspans

• edited January 2021

@McD said:
    Notes while viewing.

BLOCK vs PART

• Always use copy/paste PART to get both Block and Part data in one gesture.
      Modulations

• Change the X setting to "Velocity" from "1"

• Check out Modulation values with note inputs
    • Use "Copy Block" between preset instances
    • Copy PART can duplicate a whole row

SEQUENCE

• Turn sync on
    • The angle between colors determines the speed of transitions between sequences(?)
    • This is how the sliding lines on the rows are created that show animation for a note

Yes and last field determines the return speed of the cursor i.e if you set it straight it will jump back without affecting sound but if you use an angle it will transfer over time.

LOOP

• This makes all the selected block "loop" if a note is held until the ending

Here I forgot to mention (probably because I got a brain freeze and couldn't find any words :D :D ) that you need to cover the blocks with blue if you want it to loop thus without it it's a one-shot kind of character. And you can also vary how many of the blocks you want to loop using the blue indication and also, actually jump over the first one (or more) and make the rest blue. *image above in previous post (I did a mistake).

PITCH

This video really helps demo the terms and give them meaning that's not obvious. Now the manual is probably a good next step after getting excited about how this synth is really a different approach to making complex, layered sounds easily. Or looking at the settings in @pxlhg (Pixel Hog's) presets for the variety of approaches with layers, sequences, looping, etc.

Thanks for making it. Its always great when you request help and someone does the hard work for everyone to benefit.

You are most welcome, was kind of fun. :D Will try to prepare a bit better if I do more of them.

I hope Harry of @virsyn add's your presets in an update. Ideally in a named folder since I imported into the main folder and navigation is made worse without using subfolders. Oops.