Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Massive storage freed up - just by emptying AudioShare trash!

I have just freed up a huge amount of space - simply by emptying the trash in Audioshare. I had no idea it was using so much. I got a warning that I was approaching my 64GB limit - and sure enough it was about 60+ used up. I looked at the storage which told me that the Kymatica apps were the main culprits.
So I empty the trash and boom! It’s back to 53GB. I still can’t quite believe that this happened. The trash was big enough but I wouldn’t say it was massive. I thought that wav files would use almost nothing in terms of storage, a bit like tissue paper - but not so it seems. (mind you some of them were quite long).
Anyway if you are having storage concerns - empty your AudioShare trash - you might get a pleasant surprise 👍

Comments

• I get a message pop up all the time telling me my “AudioShare trash hasn’t been emptied in over a week.” So I’m always clearing it. Weird though - I don’t remember a setting for that - it just happens, always has...

• Do you guys use AudioShare a lot? Or is it AUM?

• @robosardine said:
    So I empty the trash and boom! It’s back to 53GB. I still can’t quite believe that this happened. The trash was big enough but I wouldn’t say it was massive. I thought that wav files would use almost nothing in terms of storage, a bit like tissue paper - but not so it seems. (mind you some of them were quite long).

Wav files take up loads of space. Only video and images are more storage hungry. But even then, video and images are usually compressed whereas wav isn't. AAC and MP3/4 files are compressed, wav are not. Stereo files 2x the storage of mono. 32 bit audio takes 2x over 16bit. etc.

You can have many thousands of text files, such as emails in the same storage space as even a short audio file.

Anyway if you are having storage concerns - empty your AudioShare trash - you might get a pleasant surprise 👍

Another place to look for dead storage is in the "Recently Deleted" section of the files app and photos app.

• @Intrepolicious said:
    Do you guys use AudioShare a lot? Or is it AUM?

I Use both lots and lots!

• I don't use the recording part of AudioShare often, but it's my main library for audio and midi files. It's also very helpful for quickly trimming loops and converting from one audio format to another.

• AUM saves to AudioShare

• Ideally, you (and I) should copy those audio files into cloud storage just for re-visiting later.
    But I also deleted about 40GB of AUM/AudioShare storage a few months back. I'm paying SoundCloud to keep my finished works.

• Yeah, I forgot to empty the AudioShare trash last time I got a new phone, so all that crap (about 15GB of it) was included in my iCloud backup and restore 🤦‍♀️

Top tip: if you want to get your new phone up and running faster, delete the AudioShare trash first :)