Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aparillo (Sugar Bytes) Synth for iOS / Desktop (Winners announced)

Aparillo (Sugar Bytes) Synth for iOS / Desktop (Win ANY Sugar Bytes iOS App!)

For this one, I negotiated with Sugar Bytes that winners could win ANY Sugar Bytes app of their choice. Details of how to win are in the the YouTube pinned comment.

This is an hour-long very deep but accessible walkthrough tutorial on Sugar Bytes Aparillo that will teach you pretty much all you need to know to understand how the synth works and start designing your own sounds in it. It also includes a short mid-section demoing some of the factory presets. I am completely blown away by this synth!!!! It is super unique, and really powerful and fun to design sounds in once you wrap your head around it. If watching in YouTube, take advantage of the detailed timestamps to help you find your way around the video. Or just chill and watch the whole thing, I am really glad I took the time to explore this properly.

It takes about a week of work to research and make a video like this - please give it a thumbs-up, and subscribe for more if you find it useful!

Detailed timestamps have been included (may only be viewable in YouTube) to help you find your way around the video. It takes about a week of work to research and make a video like this - please give it a thumbs-up, and subscribe for more if you find it useful!

Comments

• That’s my post lunch viewing sorted, nice one @Gavinski

• Sweet @Krupa I'm very pleased with how this one turned out, I know I'm biased, but I genuinely think it is the most helpful and accessible video tutorial on Aparillo. I really tried to make it slower paced and clearer than some of the existing ones.

• Cool! Sugar Bytes apps (and their desktop counterparts) are really great tools.

• @Gavinski said:
    Sweet @Krupa I'm very pleased with how this one turned out, I know I'm biased, but I genuinely think it is the most helpful and accessible video tutorial on Aparillo. I really tried to make it slower paced and clearer than some of the existing ones.

Nice man, I’m just letting the pre show adverts run fully through after learning what you’d discovered about that...

• I’ll be watching and suffering through the ads just for you 😄

• Thank you guys. @iOSTRAKON @Krupa Feel good watching the ads - you can bask in the warm glow of feeling like a fine specimen of humanity, knowing you are supporting me financially, no matter how modestly. 😋🙏

• Personally I LOVE the ads - they're the best bit!

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    I’ll be watching and suffering through the ads just for you 😄

I love how irrelevant they are to me. I have zero interest in just about everything YouTube shows me!

• Striking that Taqsim dev seems to be the only iOS dev using YouTube to advertise their stuff. Has anyone seem any ads for iOS stuff apart from for World Synth?

• @enkaytee said:
    Personally I LOVE the ads - they're the best bit!

My wallet likes this comment, my ego not.... 😂

• I just get midi pack ones, oh and lately ‘worship guitar’ lessons...

• Ah, I get a lot of that damn midi pack.... That and Simply Piano. And a lot of ads about growing your youtube channel 😂

• Cool. This tonight, instead of Netflix.

@iOSTRAKON said:

Oh no, never! Use ublock origin for Firefox, Chrome. Wipr for safari https://apps.apple.com/dk/app/wipr/id1030595027

• edited January 2021

@despego said:
    Cool. This tonight, instead of Netflix.

@iOSTRAKON said:

Oh no, never! Use ublock origin for Firefox, Chrome. Wipr for safari https://apps.apple.com/dk/app/wipr/id1030595027

No please don't, because then I don't make a penny for my week of work in making this video @despego I know that seems like friendly advice, but it actually isn't.

• I’d like to support anyway I can // the least I could do

• Yeah, I don’t actually watch them, just let them play until I hear the dulcet tones of our Gav 😁

• Good policy @krupa 😂🙏

• Great video @Gavinski - I'm actually watching it (with all the ads for you o:) ).
    I've been a little lost from 43:29 to 45:06 because your mouse's pointer has disappeared from the screen ;)

I choosed Factory (which I like A LOT) instead of Aparillo, but your video makes me wish I would have picked it up too during the last sales… I cross my fingers, and perhaps your "random winner chooser" will be kind with me… o:) B)

• My iPad Air 2 would 'die' if I put those heavy apps on it so good luck to all those who enter to win this time around :D
    (I've tried the demos and they make my iPad crawl, ie. pretty unusable and too heavy on the CPU).

• @Gratouilli said:
    Great video @Gavinski - I'm actually watching it (with all the ads for you o:) ).
    I've been a little lost from 43:29 to 45:06 because your mouse's pointer has disappeared from the screen ;)

I choosed Factory (which I like A LOT) instead of Aparillo, but your video makes me wish I would have picked it up too during the last sales… I cross my fingers, and perhaps your "random winner chooser" will be kind with me… o:) B)

Thank you! Ah, I wonder what happened the mouse in that part....praise the Lord for ipad mouse support, I can't imagine the bad old days where people had to make vids without them. Factory I still don't know well, though it is definitely on my list!

• @Samu said:
    My iPad Air 2 would 'die' if I put those heavy apps on it so good luck to all those who enter to win this time around :D
    (I've tried the demos and they make my iPad crawl, ie. pretty unusable and too heavy on the CPU).

Hopefully you will get your new ipad this year then 👍

• @Gavinski said:

Hopefully you will get your new ipad this year then 👍

Yeah, but I'm actually doing some major cleanup deleting apps I rarely / almost never use...

PPG apps I will keep as they can no longer be re-downloaded.
    PlugInAllience bought Wolfgans IP's and have no intention to maintain the iOS/iPad apps and that kinda sucks...

Cheers!

• Good coincidence, was fiddling with this last night and wondering why the hell I wasn't using it everyday. I LOVE Sugar Bytes....

• Think i will need another watch of this and have the app open. Such a beast of a synth that is just so different than what i am used to

Cheers for the vid

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Good coincidence, was fiddling with this last night and wondering why the hell I wasn't using it everyday. I LOVE Sugar Bytes....

They think so far outside the box, wonderful quirky stuff.

• @Gavinski said:

@enkaytee said:

You do realise I was joking, right...? 😁

• @muzka said:
    Think i will need another watch of this and have the app open. Such a beast of a synth that is just so different than what i am used to

Cheers for the vid

Yeah, good idea Nik. Videos are great, but just watching / listening is too passive to qualify as effective learning for a deep app like this. Hard to beat having the ipad in front of you and pausing from time to time to replicate things and then experiment to see if you really got it.

• @enkaytee said:

@Gavinski said:

@enkaytee said:

You do realise I was joking, right...? 😁

Of course - I wouldn't call myself a hundred percent Brit, but I definitely get the famous English sense of humour, don't worry Nige 😂

• @Gavinski said:

@despego said:
    Cool. This tonight, instead of Netflix.

@iOSTRAKON said:

No please don't, because then I don't make a penny for my week of work in making this video @despego I know that seems like friendly advice, but it actually isn't.

Yes, definitely don’t block YouTube ads. I block them in my browsers (but make exceptions for sites that deserve the income), but not in YouTube, as I want to see content creators benefit from them.