Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fleksi - Drambo on Bop Pad (quick demo video)

A quick demo of what can be achieved combining one of the most versatile midi controllers with one of the most versatile iOS app.

Comments

• That’s intriguing, what does the numpad/calculator do?

• I guess it's BT numeric pad used to remote control Drambo :D

• edited January 2021

@wawelt said:
    That’s intriguing, what does the numpad/calculator do?

Yes exactly what @Samu said. Drambo understands keystrokes and hooks up with Bluetooth keyboards so you can midi map keystrokes and use them for all sorts.

I’m not using it in the video though. This is purely note, velocity, radius and pressure in action.

• That was badass! Although not feeling sleepy at all now... I’ve got to figure out how you put the kick and snare in the same quadrant. Haven’t looked at the stuff you posted earlier in the week yet. Loved this video!

• @supadom said:
    A quick demo of what can be achieved combining one of the most versatile midi controllers with one of the most versatile iOS app.

NICE BRO!

• edited January 2021

@lukesleepwalker said:
    That was badass! Although not feeling sleepy at all now... I’ve got to figure out how you put the kick and snare in the same quadrant. Haven’t looked at the stuff you posted earlier in the week yet. Loved this video!

It’s quite simple, I can’t do complicated! ;)
    Kick and snare are both on one sample in flexi with offset hooked up to cc11 (q1 radius). Additionally there is hihat sample that triggers mostly with kick and its range is limited by switch module.
    The hihat has midi retrig module on it whose repeat frequency is connected to velocity so if I hit the kick harder I get 16ths triplets, if lighter I get 16ths.

Bass filter lfo on Q2 is also connected to velocity in a similar way. This way I don’t need a click because there’s always some rhythmic reference. Obviously the tempo is variable in the video, not too much though ;)

• edited January 2021

I’m amazed that no one’s yet asked about the scratch effect on Q3.

I absolutely love it!

• @RUST( i )K said:

@supadom said:

NICE BRO!

Cheers man. Just a demo.

• @supadom said:

I absolutely love it!

No doubt, it sounds amazing. I'm hoping you'll just share the Drambo file (minus samples if you'd like to protect your IP) so I can reverse engineer some of the cool shizzle up in here.

• Very cool, even if I don't understand it completely yet. 😬

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

I absolutely love it!

No doubt, it sounds amazing. I'm hoping you'll just share the Drambo file (minus samples if you'd like to protect your IP) so I can reverse engineer some of the cool shizzle up in here.

Yes, I’m planning to do that. My CC assignment system wasn’t logical in my previous bop pad patch so I will have to alter that. From now on, mostly for my brain’s sake the first CC number is the quadrant and the second goes: 1 for radius and 2 for pressure. So CC11 would be quadrant 1 (top right) radius etc.

I’m only explaining myself because even with such simple patches I was connecting stuff to wrong cc’s and ending up with weird results.

I’ll try to upload it with a shorter sample. The original is a 2 mins bbc shipping forecast.

• @supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

I absolutely love it!

Yes, I’m planning to do that. My CC assignment system wasn’t logical in my previous bop pad patch so I will have to alter that. From now on, mostly for my brain’s sake the first CC number is the quadrant and the second goes: 1 for radius and 2 for pressure. So CC11 would be quadrant 1 (top right) radius etc.

I’m only explaining myself because even with such simple patches I was connecting stuff to wrong cc’s and ending up with weird results.

I’ll try to upload it with a shorter sample. The original is a 2 mins bbc shipping forecast.

Thank you, sir.