Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone using iOS AUv3s the Mac, seriously?

2»

Comments

• @mistercharlie said:

@NeuM said:

@henryo said:

@NeuM said:

@henryo said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Now that Moog Model 15 is a full universal app, available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac, I wonder if anyone is using iOS Audio Units on their M1 Macs full time?

I played with them at the beginning, but it was all a bit flaky. That said, I do use Eventide's AUs quite a bit.

Also, anyone sideloading "unauthorized" AUs?

Hi @mistercharlie, how are you using the Eventide stuff on your Mac? I have them all and I'd really like to use them too, but I can't find them on the App Store to install. Thanks

Eventide software for the Mac (macOS) is not available through the App Store. You buy them directly from Eventide or from a plugin software seller online.

Thanks, but they cost enough for iOS, not worth it for me paying again for desktop use.

Personally, I had a very unpleasant experience when I attempted to buy and activate Eventide software for desktop and I will now never buy their software again. In fact, the whole experience soured me on all the money I've already spent on their iOS apps. Never again.

Same. But these iOS apps just work without all that nonsense. I wish plugin makers would sell in the Mac App Store for their full desktop prices, just to avoid iLOK etc.

Exactly. Fortunately, in my case I was able to get a full refund but it was bad enough to put me off their software forever.

• @NeuM said:

@henryo said:

@NeuM said:

@henryo said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Now that Moog Model 15 is a full universal app, available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac, I wonder if anyone is using iOS Audio Units on their M1 Macs full time?

I played with them at the beginning, but it was all a bit flaky. That said, I do use Eventide's AUs quite a bit.

Also, anyone sideloading "unauthorized" AUs?

Hi @mistercharlie, how are you using the Eventide stuff on your Mac? I have them all and I'd really like to use them too, but I can't find them on the App Store to install. Thanks

Eventide software for the Mac (macOS) is not available through the App Store. You buy them directly from Eventide or from a plugin software seller online.

Thanks, but they cost enough for iOS, not worth it for me paying again for desktop use.

Personally, I had a very unpleasant experience when I attempted to buy and activate Eventide software for desktop and I will now never buy their software again. In fact, the whole experience soured me on all the money I've already spent on their iOS apps. Never again. I'd rather support more user friendly companies like Toneboosters or Cherry Audio.

Yeah. I'm not a fan of iLOK. It was a real pain to install Blackhole that I bought recently. Took way too long.

• edited January 2022

Having AUv3s in Mac is a fantastic idea on paper. But only Logic Pro and Reaper are compatible with the format.

Honestly, I really hate to work with Logic.

So while Bitwig or Ableton Live can't load AUv3 units, or at least we have a host like DDMF Metaplugin or Bluecat's Pachwork that can load the format to integrate it into other DAWs, it does nothing for me.

It's surreal to think that for a synth aimed for experimental music like ID700, its creator thinks that the potential user base are Logic Pro users, releasing the Mac plugin in AUv3 format. Instead of Ableton Live, which is the gold standard for experimental music and installations. Or Bitwig, that is the DAW of choice for people into modular synthesis or Eurorack. And currently has the best integration with VCV Rack 2 Studio.

• @oceansinspace said:
    Good Morning, thanks for the information. Cant run moog model 15 on iOS 11. Sad but at least ALL my other DAW work and never crashes. I have a terrible time with Mac updates, I think some have same problem. Also, The cable dragging modular aspect with a mouse doesn't appeal like how mi rack dies in my heart without the touchscreen....

You need to download the VST wrapper on moog website to make it work on mac. It works very well.

• @Pynchon said:
    Having AUv3s in Mac is a fantastic idea on paper. But only Logic Pro and Reaper are compatible with the format.

So while Bitwig or Ableton Live can't load AUv3 units, or at least we have a host like DDMF Metaplugin or Bluecat's Pachwork that can load the format to integrate it into other DAWs, it does nothing for me.

It's surreal to think that for a synth aimed for experimental music like ID700, its creator thinks that the potential user base are Logic Pro users, releasing the Mac plugin in AUv3 format. Instead of Ableton Live, which is the gold standard for experimental music and installations. Or Bitwig, that is the DAW of choice for people into modular synthesis or Eurorack. And currently has the best integration with VCV Rack 2 Studio.

Don’t forget MultiTrackStudio which will also load AUv3 alongside the other types on Mac. I read that Patchwork has added or is adding (maybe in a beta) experimental AUv3 support.

• edited January 2022

@Pynchon said:

GarageBand on macOS has been compatible with AUv3 for a long time and I find it far easier to work with than Logic Pro. Logic Pro is when you really, really want to be able to drill down into the minutia in painful detail. GarageBand is very straightforward even though it lacks some finesse. I’m more interested in speed and getting good results immediately.

• @Pynchon said:
    It's surreal to think that for a synth aimed for experimental music like ID700, its creator thinks that the potential user base are Logic Pro users, releasing the Mac plugin in AUv3 format. Instead of Ableton Live, which is the gold standard for experimental music and installations.

there is a vst3 wrapper for id700 on macos (this is mentioned in the app store copy as well) which runs fine in ableton.

also i didn't "choose" auv3, apple did - it's the only audio plugin format apple allows you to ship on their app store.

• edited August 2022

SoundDesk by LoudLab, CASTER Live by Ginger Audio, and Hosting AU by ju-x can also load AUv3 on m1 Mac.

• edited August 2022

I got ableton beta with auv3 support like a week ago and have tested some plugins. They seem to work fine, but there are not many plugins that you can get on mac. I dont know if some regions have more ios apps you can get on mac, but for example the eventide apps people talk about here are not available for mac here :/ At least i get to use Model 15 and Sunrizer. People talk about there supposed to be also model D for mac, but apparently not anymore or here.

Also it seems like devs can make a separate product of auv3 plugin on mac store, so that you would need to buy it again, even if you already bought it on ios. FAC plugins are like this for example, which is a shame

• I was quite excited for the Eventide auv3's (i own them all on iOs and have an M1 mac) but can't see them in my mac app store at all, were folks doing this before apple stopped the side loading thing?

• edited August 2022

I copied all my iPad Eventide apps over before Apple stopped it, yes. They still work fine, but more recently-purchased Eventide apps don't.

EDIT: There's also Drambo, Loopy Pro if you're using the beta, Beepstreet's Radio Unit. There's a thread on here somewhere with a list of the ones that work.

• Without a M1 based Mac it's kinda pointless as there are very few truly and fully universal (ie. Intel/Mx/iOS/macOS) Plug-ins out there...

• @cazel said:

There's a thread on here somewhere with a list of the ones that work.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/50406/list-of-auv3-apps-that-work-on-m1-macs-and-in-ableton/p1

This list is not true anymore. Many of them are no longer available for mac

• @mistercharlie said:
    I copied all my iPad Eventide apps over before Apple stopped it, yes. They still work fine, but more recently-purchased Eventide apps don't.

EDIT: There's also Drambo, Loopy Pro if you're using the beta, Beepstreet's Radio Unit. There's a thread on here somewhere with a list of the ones that work.

Apple would have nothing to do with disabling the app on a Mac. That’s the developer’s choice.

• @NeuM said:

@mistercharlie said:

Apple would have nothing to do with disabling the app on a Mac. That’s the developer’s choice.

@mistercharlie is talking about sideloading, that has been stopped by Apple.

• @Pierre118 said:

@NeuM said:

@mistercharlie said:

Yes, that's Apple's option. And iOS users are fairly well informed about what they can do with their devices (especially iOS versus Android) and it's clear the majority of iOS users are OK with the added layer of security on their devices.

• @NeuM said:

@Pierre118 said:

@NeuM said:

@mistercharlie said:

Yes, that's Apple's option. And iOS users are fairly well informed about what they can do with their devices (especially iOS versus Android) and it's clear the majority of iOS users are OK with the added layer of security on their devices.

Don't understand what you are trying to say, but that was not what the discussion and my post was about.

• @Pierre118 said:

@NeuM said:

@Pierre118 said:

@NeuM said:

@mistercharlie said:

Don't understand what you are trying to say, but that was not what the discussion and my post was about.

Sideloading is a security issue. That's why Apple doesn't allow it.

• @NeuM said:

@Pierre118 said:

@NeuM said:

@Pierre118 said:

@NeuM said:

@mistercharlie said:

So, it's not only a developers choice. It was also the choice of Apple

• @Pierre118 said:

@NeuM said:

@Pierre118 said:

@NeuM said:

@Pierre118 said:

@NeuM said:

@mistercharlie said:

Sideloading has nothing to do with any conversation involving iOS or macOS or developers. It's not part of any options for either Apple or developers.

• @NeuM said:

@Pierre118 said:

@NeuM said:

@Pierre118 said:

@NeuM said:

@Pierre118 said:

@NeuM said:

@mistercharlie said:

Sideloading has nothing to do with any conversation involving iOS or macOS or developers. It's not part of any options for either Apple or developers.

Please read back, I was referring to what @mistercharlie said a few posts ago, 'before Apple stopped it.....'. That was about sideloading. What you try to tell is something completly different and has nothing to do with the discussion.

• kushview Element is planning to add AUv3 support starting version 0.47! Software is now as free as it gets!
    https://github.com/kushview/Element/issues/510

You can help him out test the beta if you want! Link to the beta is in above github link!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ehehehe said:

@NeuM said:

@Pierre118 said:

@NeuM said:

@mistercharlie said:

iOS users are fairly well informed about what they can do with their devices (especially iOS versus Android) and it's clear the majority of iOS users are OK with the added layer of security on their devices.

🤣😂😂😂 That's a broad statement. Did you have a census for this or just pulling it out your *ss? MOST ios and android users (aka those not here, and some here, asking for apps before checking if there is a built in function) barely use like 15 % of their things capability for messaging, doomscrolling and taking photos.

Broad, but probably accurate. I doubt there are many iOS users unaware of the walled-in nature of the App Store and the arguments for how this makes app installation more secure.

Certainly not as exacting as the 15% number you quoted, which I’m sure you have census results to back up…

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ToMess if you'r on beta please go to centercode and check the forum. we've a list there + it's def updated.

• edited September 2022

I'm using Drambo and AudioLayer on the Mac.
    For me, the highlight of using Drambo on a Mac is the much larger screen and the highlight of using AudioLayer is being able to access my own files without restrictions.