Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

107 VirSyn AddStation Presets Giveaway [Now included in latest version].

edited January 2021 in General App Discussion

After download, move the zip to the AddStation folder on your iPad. Unzip the folder and you should have a folder called 'Import'. Now, as far as I know you can only open one at the time and if you like it you have to save it to keep it to next session. Horrible file management @VirSyn but, it is what it is. Hope you find something you like, a lot are just crazy but there are a few gems for sure. Do you want me to do a video with a select few to make it easier to choose?

EDIT2: If you don't find a AddStation folder, do save and export something of your own first. A template should do the trick if not a preset. Also, contact VirSyn about this ridiculous file management so they (Harry) do something, once and for all.

Here's the link (3Mb): http://pixelhog.se/zip/Import.zip

--Here's a dirty video covering most of the presets, no talk just running through them--

Comments

• Yes please! :)

• Yes pls to video

• Thanks @Pxlhg, copied the zip to Addstation, extracted it and now I have an "Import" folder.
    Addstation doesn't see any of the presets though. 🤔

• edited January 2021

Crazy good presets - thanks a million...👍

• @rs2000 said:
    Thanks @Pxlhg, copied the zip to Addstation, extracted it and now I have an "Import" folder.

You still have to click on one to open it. That's the horrible truth of it all. :( Or do I misunderstand you? I had two AddStation folders for some reason and it should be in the one that also has an export folder. It did not work from the other one which I tried first.

Working on video @lasselu @NimboStratus

• @enkaytee said:
    Crazy good presets - thanks a million...👍

So glad to hear that and you're welcome. I am pleased with the Monopoly series, especially the Top Hat (melody with one keypress).

• @Pxlhg said:

@rs2000 said:
    Thanks @Pxlhg, copied the zip to Addstation, extracted it and now I have an "Import" folder.

You still have to click on one to open it. That's the horrible truth of it all. :( Or do I misunderstand you? I had two AddStation folders for some reason and it should be in the one that also has an export folder. It did not work from the other one which I tried first.

I only see them in the Files.app and tapping on one will open the standalone Addstation.

• @rs2000 said:

@Pxlhg said:

@rs2000 said:

I only see them in the Files.app and tapping on one will open the standalone Addstation.

This is the destination and how it should look. Also, it do open the stand alone version and the preset you clicked on.

• Thanks a lot for the presets - it took quite i while to import them all into ‚Pxlhg‘ and ‚Pxlhg II‘ folders - but that‘s on Virsyn (4 taps per new preset...) and by doing so i also got to listen to all of them.

Lots of very cool experimental presets, really inspiring :) On several of them i need to investigate on how you achived what‘s audible. Sometimes reaches into the abstract realm of Fundamental.

And there are also ‚normal‘ sounds that can be used in more common musical grounds. And presets with only a sligth touch of chaos or mystery.

After a rest, i will return to your presets and try which of them might fit into some my current jams. Or start something new, right from the mood they create.

• @_ki said:
    Thanks a lot for the presets - it took quite i while to import them all into ‚Pxlhg‘ and ‚Pxlhg II‘ folders - but that‘s on Virsyn (4 taps per new preset...) and by doing so i also got to listen to all of them.

Lots of very cool experimental presets, really inspiring :) On several of them i need to investigate on how you achived what‘s audible. Sometimes reaches into the abstract realm of Fundamental.

And there are also ‚normal‘ sounds that can be used in more common musical grounds. And presets with only a sligth touch of chaos or mystery.

After a rest, i will return to your presets and try which of them might fit into some my current jams. Or start something new, right from the mood they create.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate that. Especially coming from you, one of the most generous souls here on the forum. Have a few of your Mozaic scripts already so it feels really good to give something back.
    About the many clicks, it took an equal amount to export them as that too, is one at the time. There is a folder export option but it's broken.

• @lasselu @NimboStratus Video available now (in the intro post)

• edited January 2021

I think it's about time to contact @VirSyn

• Weird. How come I don’t have an Addstation folder on my iPad?

• @Intrepolicious said:
    Weird. How come I don’t have an Addstation folder on my iPad?

Edit: figured it out. I guess one needs to save a file in the app first to create the folder structure.

• @Intrepolicious said:

@Intrepolicious said:
    Weird. How come I don’t have an Addstation folder on my iPad?

Edit: figured it out. I guess one needs to save a file in the app first to create the folder structure.

Good point, thank you. Probably the reason why I have two folders as I probably created one when I couldn't find it :D :D . Do you see this @rs2000 , this is probably the cause of your issue only seeing it in files.app. I will edit my initial post to add this info. Try to reinstall the app because that message you got is weird, but also contact VirSyn anyway. We all should (well, I already have :) )

• Thanks a lot @Pxlhg. I've created folders as well but that doesn't seem to fix the import issue, I've tried different folder levels.
    Nevermind, this is something in Addstation that needs to be fixed.

• Wow! @Pxlhg These are some amazing presets my friend! (now that I’ve figured out how to use them) There’s a ton of very usable sounds here. Thank you for sharing these!

• Thanks for sharing this monumental collection. It took a lot of effort to import them all which gives me a clue how much time you invested to create them.

Now, on to the task of evaluating them.

I wish @virsyn would allow us to move files after import into folders. Is there a process to save an instrument and re-import it into a new folder?

As always, file management on IOS is a nightmare but we're getting closer to having a better more desktop like OS with every major update. When we get there... the average user will
    start complaining about files disappearing because they are in the wrong "Working Directory".

• Thank you @Intrepolicious hope you find some good use for them :D

@McD Yes they took many many hours to create but over a long spann so it's not like I sat seven days straight :D I do a few every now and then as I find it quite relaxing, and tremendously fun. The move preset function disappeared with the latest update, I have contacted Harry about it and it sounded he would fix it (3 week ago).

• Thanks for the presets ! What a huge amount. I wonder how much time you spent to create all of these...

• edited January 2021

@Pxlhg
    This is a huge gift. Many thanks. You remind me why I love additive synthesis, you take AddStation into amazing spaces.

• Can't wait to try these, thnx @Pxlhg! I just skimmed the thread, am I right in getting the impression these need to be imported one by one?

• @Gavinski said:
    Can't wait to try these, thnx @Pxlhg! I just skimmed the thread, am I right in getting the impression these need to be imported one by one?

Unfortunately yes, and also exported that way mind you. Feel free to contact VirSyn and express your "disgust" :D :D

• Hmm, I certainly will email them right now

• @Gavinski said:
    Hmm, I certainly will email them right now

The file management issue haunts me in several of Harry's apps and I own the lot.
    He's one of the genius dev's and AddStation is truly epic in it's concept.

Importing these free presets is worth the 15-30 minutes to show what's possible.

• It never fails to surprise me how often preset import and export is badly handled in so many iOS synths

• @Gavinski said:
    It never fails to surprise me how often preset import and export is badly handled in so many iOS synths

So true. And kind of sad. Good that you contacted VirSyn, they need some pressure on this issue.

• @Paulo164 Yes, they have taken me a real long time but also over a long time period. I bough the app when it came out and was immediately intrigued.

@Littlewoodg Thank you, hope you getting use for some. Also hope the file system get fixed so we can share more with each other. :)

Cheers all!

• edited January 2021

@Pxlhg said:
    @Paulo164 Yes, they have taken me a real long time but also over a long time period. I bough the app when it came out and was immediately intrigued.

@Littlewoodg Thank you, hope you getting use for some. Also hope the file system get fixed so we can share more with each other. :)

Cheers all!

The set of presets was well worth the filing challenges. Amazing stuff. Once again I have to say - you take the synth into fantastic spaces.