Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MUSIC: Us v. Them - The Uncivil Wars

McDMcD
edited January 2021 in Creations

The end of an era arrives tomorrow in Washington, D.C. (not a state).
And we have started a new era... our Uncivil War. Like most modern wars it's a
guerilla style contest with no rules. Nothing like the atrocity of Syria in recent years but
a long, slow cold war of identities. But with roots deep in our last Civil War and resonance of our 60's with political violence on the news regularly.

Music really helps:

Meanwhile... we have a politicized pandemic that is just a by product of our inability to
govern in a crisis. Hopefully that is the first campaign of this next era... believe in science
and trust that someone is an expert. And it's probably not a bartender from Colorado
but someone that has more certs than a GED.

Comments

• Beautiful piece. Thanks for sharing...

• @echoopera said:
    Beautiful piece. Thanks for sharing...

Thank you for taking the time to check it out.

• Very nice @McD, reflective and thoughtful. I particularly like the horns, the line just before the end resolves nicely 👍

• @Krupa said:
    Very nice @McD, reflective and thoughtful. I particularly like the horns, the line just before the end resolves nicely 👍

Thanks. That's the (beta) SWAM French Horn.

• One of the nicest pieces I have heard on the forum. Good work @McD .

• Somber is as somber does. Most of us here, I guess, feel as you do. Cheer up, my friend. At least today is a great day in the neighborhood.

• @GeoTony said:
    One of the nicest pieces I have heard on the forum. Good work @McD .

Thanks... There's so much great music being shared here across dozens of genres
    and approaches. These tools are so empowering.

I do hope we get a new piece from @ScottVanZandt sometime this year. I think we lost him to StaffPad or maybe desktop tools. He made some amazing music with NanoStudio using
    his own hand made sampled instruments.

• That is lovely and poignant. Two qualities I truly dig in music.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    That is lovely and poignant. Two qualities I truly dig in music.

I took Lovely and Poignant classes in music school. I ace'd poignant... you just use a
    cello, oboe, mellow horn or single note piano and you'll be there.

Melodically, just hang on scale tones: 9, 7 and 11 resolving up or down to 1,3 or 5.

What I'd like to achieve is Pregnant... 3rd trimester to natural delivery.

• 🤣

Cello and oboe are indeed essential ingredients for Poignant.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    🤣

Cello and oboe are indeed essential ingredients for Poignant.

I suspect the oboe could be used to get the Cello pregnant.
    Both instruments are suitable for visual double entendres if that's your thing.

Close Encounters has some musical foreplay between Oboe and a surprise Tuba.
    The Tuba low note was played by the famous Roger Bobo of the LA Phil.
    I roomed with a bass trombone player that took lessons from the LA Phil
    Bass Trombone player that also was on that score.

• Joe just quoted you @McD (uncivil war) <3

• @Krupa said:
    Joe just quoted you @McD (uncivil war) <3

Civil War is a classic Oxymoron in the second meaning of civil:

1. relating to ordinary citizens and their concerns
    2. courteous and polite.
  • Bravo - big atmosphere - reminds me of Mark Snow‘s strings in X-Files.

• edited January 2021

How’d you fare in the Lovely class, McD? You seem to have glossed over that in favor of Poignant.... ah, now I get it...

Poignant
    late Middle English: from Old French, literally ‘pricking’, present participle of poindre, from Latin pungere ‘to prick’.
    Definitions from Oxford Languages

😳😉😂😘

• @LinearLineman said:
    in favor of Poignant.... ah, now I get it...
    from Latin pungere ‘to prick’.

I'm trying to work on that prick persona and build up a little Karma for my declining mental
    state... I'll need help, for sure so I need more Karma.

I did not do well in the Lovely class due to poor personal grooming habits. I was great
    in "Scruffy" class tho'. My grooming has only gotten worse but my scruffy rating is killing it.

• Wonderful piece @McD just fantastic!

• @Intrepolicious said:
    Wonderful piece @McD just fantastic!

Thanks... your work gives this special value to me. You have great ears in my estimation... which means we come from similar creative vantage points, I suspect. With a little more
    effort and discipline I might make something more like your masterpieces but don't hold
    your breath. I like to improvise and not labor too much.

I really tried to make something with fewer notes. But better notes.

• @McD

These tools are so empowering.

You use your powers for good McD... all those melodic fragments and phrases, unresolved, swinging in the breeze... most evocative and powerful.

Many thanks ... you capture the essence of this long moment.

• @Soundscaper said:

@McD

These tools are so empowering.

You use your powers for good McD... all those melodic fragments and phrases, unresolved, swinging in the breeze... most evocative and powerful.

You feel me. (Swinging in the breeze? Can you see me too?)