Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

#024 Bunch of Keys

Some 'guitar' practice using Touchscaper, GeoShred and 12 Piano Motifs to meander through some key / mode changes

Comments

• I'm getting a Joe Zawinul (Weather Report) feeling from that synth patch. Is that Touchscaper? 'cause the Presets in GeoShred don't hit me that way for sound quality.
    I like that sound. But the bends should like the GeoShred keyboard. If that's a Geoshred patch slip me a clue.

I wouldn't mind knowing how you glued the Piano Motifs pieces together... LK imports and
    then pad triggered?

• Excellent. Like a Shepherd’s scale of keys.

• Thanks both of you. @Mcd, if you mean the leads then the left hand (first and third etc) are just the supplied Shred Sustain from GeoShred with a bit of TB Reverb. The right hand (second and fourth etc) are the supplied Shred Lead. I started of with effects from MixBox and other things but eventually stripped them all out again. For the Piano Motifs I just found the 12 motifs I liked, loaded 12 file players in AUM and used the Beat Offset value to start them at the right time. Unfortunately PM has a 16 bar minimum and I only wanted 8 so I manually muted each file player in turn as it came to the end of its allotted 8 bars. Didn’t know another way of doing it!
    @LinearLineman , do you mean the thing that sounds like the tone is constantly rising? If so I can see (hear) what you mean.

• Really nice playing Tony! Interesting technique with the file players.

• Nice: I need to check out Shred Lead to see if it resonates with me.

You're workflow for AUM Loops needs to be investigated. I could see that being a good
    @Gavinski tutorial to show how you use "Beat Offset" and optional muting.

There's also video potential showing the way to generate and export Piano Motif loops
    into AUM... I had no idea it supported MIDI. I've been using LK for that. Nice tip.

@gavinski - teach more to use these tools and techniques. Maybe interview GeoTony in a video to show how a project is created from A to Z.