Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SALE: WIDI Master $39 with code NAMM21 until Jan 24

Comments

• Using two right now. They pair with each other very well. Not to mention with many other things.
    Currently using with Linnstrument on first widimaster and iPad/Aum with a m-audio usb uno usb to 5pin-female to female dongle to second widimaster (this way I can bypass iPad Bluetooth) the latency is next to nothing even using MPE. Also have a battery pack plugged to Linnstrument to be totally wireless. It’s amazing!
    The widimaster also automatically paired to roli blocks and seaboard for direct connect to elektron hardware. Highly recommended. I want more!

• Got two of 'em as well. A rather unique product, and they're already starting a new product campaign supporting USB MIDI to Bluetooth MIDI conversion!
    I'll sign up for two of them already.
    https://www.cme-pro.com/widi-uhost/

• agh man... i just bought it a few days ago. oh well it is definitely worth the price. very nice connection and low latency

• I don't think I can resist these deals. It may be some time before I get another chance to play live with synths again, but just cutting down on cable usage, even if it's just reducing MIDI cables, is quite tempting.

• edited January 2021

Oh yes, I love my widi's. I can connect my Bluetooth controllers like korg nanokey studio, rolli blocks, etc to other hardware like a Roland MC 101 or polyend tracker. Connected a widi to my standard midi interface on my windows laptop opened the possibility to sequence synths on the ipad and vice versa.

• edited January 2021

Shoutout also to their tiny USB Bluetooth MIDI dongle WIDI Bud. Previously I was using the Yamaha equivalents (MD-BT01 and UD-BT01) and they were just a world of pain, but the CME products work like a dream. Their new WIDI Jack to some extent replaces the WIDI Master with a more flexible configuration, but the discount phase on that one finished at the weekend, and the WIDI Master is still a very solid option if you just want 5-pin-to-Bluetooth.

• I bought a couple of these but found a slight issue in the placement of the connecting adapter. If the MIDI inputs of your hardware are positioned particularly low on the body, then thehardware sometimes won't lay flat as the connecting adapter will extend beyond the base of the hardware.

I also had an issue with the CME iPad app to update the firmware. Wasted best part of an hour following instructions that didn't work.

Likely just early teething problems and I'm back to using my reliable Yamaha MDBT01s for now.

• @tput73 said:
    Currently using with Linnstrument on first widimaster and iPad/Aum with a m-audio usb uno usb to 5pin-female to female dongle to second widimaster (this way I can bypass iPad Bluetooth) the latency is next to nothing even using MPE. Also have a battery pack plugged to Linnstrument to be totally wireless. It’s amazing!

Can you tell me a little more about the battery pack you are using? Sounds amazing, like you said!