Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ipad 2020 ( 128gb )

Anyone think its wise to buy a 2020 ipad 128gb. If an upgrade might be expected in March? September is too far. ( to compliment an ipad air 3 256gb )

for shoom.

Mpe style synths so theres always an mpe screen. Hoping Drambo or a sequencer in future could save midi and still work in sync on link and or transfer to an ios daw but just audio might be cool for now.

A dj program.

Maybe mirack projects. Mainly sequenced with Drambo patterns or manually but on link.

and to setup a faderfox pc12 to see if it can send midi from both midi out ports to both ipads.

Dont even use any gbs on air 3 and theres airdrop but with a 128gb. Could possibly start projects on both. I guess then Drambo as host and then to a 2 channel dj mixer but not sure thats essential at mo as I use aum as host with controllers.

You dont actually need a 2nd ipad. It just seems more better maybe, with the more controllers you buy ( ironically ) or for mixing like media players etc.

Comments

• Bad ocd also.

A better ipad would be faster than an air 3 with less gb.

• Ok. Maybe ios 14 wont even accept iaa?

• I am waiting until March to replace the Mrs iPad that died last week. Why buy now and have year old specs in two months? Each new base model has steadily improved the past four years. While I am not too confident of all of the rumors I am pretty sure I would regret not waiting two months.

• What a joke then.

• @AudioGus said:
    I am waiting until March to replace the Mrs iPad that died last week. Why buy now and have year old specs in two months? Each new base model has steadily improved the past four years. While I am not too confident of all of the rumors I am pretty sure I would regret not waiting two months.

hmm. Maybe wait till March then but not until September. Do want to setup boxed stuff. I think iaa also seems ok on ios 14. Cant believe my idea to buy another ipad was based around an iaa but should be cool if it works well. Ipads dying. Havent really used current ipad. Maybe the 128gb will be similar to current price also.

Thanks.

• iPad 2020 has just came out fall 2020 with the A12 bionic chipset which is definitely a big upgrade compared to the 2018 and 2019 iPads. I can't believe that Apple will upgrade it again in March.
    My 2 cents is that a new Pro will be launched in March in order to make the Pro more distiguished from the Air 2020.

• @GLacey said:
    iPad 2020 has just came out fall 2020 with the A12 bionic chipset which is definitely a big upgrade compared to the 2018 and 2019 iPads. I can't believe that Apple will upgrade it again in March.
    My 2 cents is that a new Pro will be launched in March in order to make the Pro more distiguished from the Air 2020.

Oh! I though the 2020 base model came out last spring? hmmm

• @AudioGus said:

The pro came out last spring with the A12Z which I don't think is an upgrade compared to its predecessor A12X

• @AudioGus said:

@GLacey said:
    iPad 2020 has just came out fall 2020 with the A12 bionic chipset which is definitely a big upgrade compared to the 2018 and 2019 iPads. I can't believe that Apple will upgrade it again in March.

Hmmm, interesting. The 5 and 6 base models came out in March of their respective years but then 7 and 8 came out in Sept.

Well, the rumor department is pointing to March being a base model but yah, seems like it may not... or may.... huh..

• Will see anyway :)

• Whatever Ax chip they use is very important.

• Bought a numark scratch until March ( ipad release ) Heres to hoping pnp2 fader will work well as it didnt with roland 99 and could gain split cue via app but then its just a mixer. Will be good though as everything is kind of modular in aum and maybe able to map cues on mixer so second ipad still uses other apps on screen, which then feeds into another ipad session with loads of apps but buying a mixer, a zoom u44, cables, stand, faderfox pc12 plus another ipad cost about the same price as a soma pulsar and theres the soma sequencer now. I will just say it wouldnt suit IOS apps. That would likely fill turntable and mixer space though should I not really bother with deck input stuff.

• I'll wait until march...
    ...if the iPad 9 ships without a headphone jack I'll likely get the 128GB 2020 iPad 8...

• Does sound better though?

Probably wont scratch much. Might not be able to mix. Didnt really need another ipad as it were mainly to control shoom with one hand whilst controlling other ipad with other hand. Faderfox were just a bonus controller.... for a soma pulsar.

lol.

• SB drum control one handed will need to shine.

• Considering also not bothering with Eurorack with a soma pulsar to fund the RND for another arm.

lol.

• Expect to see me on the aum live jam thread with a robotic arm.

• @Samu said:
    I'll wait until march...
    ...if the iPad 9 ships without a headphone jack I'll likely get the 128GB 2020 iPad 8...

Is iPad 9 going to come out in March? 7 and 8 seemed to come out in Sept and 5 and 6 were March (I think).

• @AudioGus said:

Is iPad 9 going to come out in March? 7 and 8 seemed to come out in Sept and 5 and 6 were March (I think).

I suspect that since there's long (were talking 1-2 months) delivery times on the iPad 8 here.
    ...especially the 128GB non-cellular model. The 32GB models are not selling at all...

I'm in no rush to get a new one yet...

• @Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

I suspect that since there's long (were talking 1-2 months) delivery times on the iPad 8 here.
    ...especially the 128GB non-cellular model. The 32GB models are not selling at all...

I'm in no rush to get a new one yet...

Ahh good clues! If the new base has the laminated screen (as some hope/dream) that would be cool.

• @AudioGus said:

Ahh good clues! If the new base has the laminated screen (as some hope/dream) that would be cool.

Yepp, and I really need the headphone jack for my use cases, can't stand BT latency for real-time usage...
    (I've got the iRig Mic HD in the Lightning Port and monitor thru headphones in the 3.5mm jack when I sample stuff on-the-go).

Cheers!

• edited January 2021

You can get iPad Air 10.5 256 GB A12 . I bought on Dec 20. No hiccups. It’s enough..

• @TheSoundKid said:
    You can get iPad Air 10.5 256 GB A12 . I bought on Dec 20. No hiccups. It’s enough..

Would be nice but twice the price.