Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

British Columbians? Off Topic (sort'a)

I was a local working musician for many years (guitar & vocals mostly). I think it might be fun to jam / liaise with others locally. Not necessarily to get together in person given the pandemic, but perhaps in some fashion virtually and/or contributing tracks etc. with the expectation of performing locally once the pandemic becomes unimportant. Thoughts?

Comments

• If they would just let me cross the border :s :'( :s

• I'm trading most of my music-making time for skiing this winter, but hello from Nelson! :)

• Some great industrial came out of Vancouver!!

• edited January 2021

Thanks to all Canadians, it seems saner and safer here than south of the border, these days at least! My skills (what there are of them) lie more in singing, guitar playing and live performance than they do in operating apps. Computer software is where I have put the least efforts, but now that I'm retired (and there are no places to play anyway) I plan to change that.

I bought a ton of iOS apps and lots of other software / hardware for both PC and Mac, etc so my studio has lots of goodies, the problem now is it all seems rather overwhelming. So many options, so much stuff, so many ways to do things!

Plus I am used to singing harmonies and melodies and arranging instrument parts with real people in real time (or just letting it happen naturally with nothing being said). Staring at screens is uninspiring by comparison.

• Been a while since I've been to Vancouver. Pretty much Toronto based nowadays. #WETHENORTH

Wonder if you might be able to answer this...when performing live, do you use in ear monitors to keep everyone synced to the same tempo, or does it happen naturally (where everyone adapts to the feel of the song)?