Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Motu M4 for streaming videos with iPad/iPad Pro

Hi guys,

First post here. I've yet to download the app, but looking forward to using it from all the positive posts I've read. I use garageband, Notion, Animoog, iTabla and many other apps frequently.

I wanted to know if anyone here has used this app or another in order to successfully stream with the MOTU M4 on their iPad or iPad Pro in Facebook or Insta? I have a 2020 iPad pro and also use the iRig Pro Duo I/O which is a plug-n-play streaming device. However, I've encountered issues with the M4, such as videos with no audio (in insta) or reverting back to using the built-in mic during live sessions on facebook.

I love my iRig , but it's not quite as sturdy or stable on a surface . . . plus less inputs. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• edited January 2021

@Crowyote said:
    Hi guys,

First post here. I've yet to download the app, but looking forward to using it from all the positive posts I've read. I use garageband, Notion, Animoog, iTabla and many other apps frequently.

I wanted to know if anyone here has used this app or another in order to successfully stream with the MOTU M4 on their iPad or iPad Pro in Facebook or Insta? I have a 2020 iPad pro and also use the iRig Pro Duo I/O which is a plug-n-play streaming device. However, I've encountered issues with the M4, such as videos with no audio (in insta) or reverting back to using the built-in mic during live sessions on facebook.

I love my iRig , but it's not quite as sturdy or stable on a surface . . . plus less inputs. Thanks in advance!

Do you mean the “loopback” function of the M4? If so, that is currently only available for Mac/PC via downloadable driver/software from the Motu site. They said they may add loopback functionally to iOS but I don’t know when. I believe the loopback on some Scarlett and Audient interfaces does work with iOS, so Motu should also add this feature via app or firmware...

• Hi @Crowyote . When you say "the app", I guess you mean AudioBus. As you will soon see, this forum covers a lot more than just AudioBus. I'll leave it to the experts to handle your question, but I suspect that iOS video capture may be incompatible with a separate audio source (ther than the mic input).

• edited January 2021

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@Crowyote said:
    Hi guys,

Do you mean the “loopback” function of the M4? If so, that is currently only available for Mac/PC via downloadable driver/software from the Motu site. They said they may add loopback functionally to iOS but I don’t know when. I believe the loopback on some Scarlett and Audient interfaces does work with iOS, so Motu should also add this feature via app or firmware...

Nope, I don't mean loopback, I mean I don't think so. I just meaning the audio routing during streaming. I often like to plug my guitar into a DI like that in my Peavey Classic 20 head and then run an XLR or TS out to an interface to record audio/video simultaneously while streaming with Facebook Live, Insta, etc. > @uncledave said:

Hi @Crowyote . When you say "the app", I guess you mean AudioBus. As you will soon see, this forum covers a lot more than just AudioBus. I'll leave it to the experts to handle your question, but I suspect that iOS video capture may be incompatible with a separate audio source (ther than the mic input).

Streaming audio works fine on my iPad Pro 2020 when I route my guitars/pedals/amps/mics/DIs through the iRig Pro Duo I/O interface. I'm just wondering what's up with the MOTU . . .