Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WoodSynth out now by Woodmans Immaculate Maple Syrup Studio

Comments

• Can’t find any videos as yet so maybe one for @Gavinski to jump on.

• This looks very interesting. I have their effect apps and the quality is up there with toneboosters,bleass etc.

• Ok took the plunge and first impressions it sounds pretty epic. Reminds me of Sugar Bytes IOS synths has a lot of variety in there with my favourite preset being Ocean Motion as you can hear the sound moving. I think this synth going to be a definite fav within the community it comes with all that Woodmans quirky ness !

• Bought it, it sounds very good 😊

• Bought it tooo. Very good sounds.

• edited January 2021

The AU design layout is pretty cool well laid out so top marks to @woodman for that. Easy to switch menus.

The keyboard and sequencer are mad and the synth has a polyphonic touchbar !

Waiting on the first AB member to push out the classic Pink Floyd “On The Run” track using this sequencer!

This thing is pretty deep. I don’t think as yet you can add your own wave samples may be wrong as only seeing drum or bass but it has a record in sample function.

Edit yes it does have files app sample support.😀

The bass sound presets in this are pretty heavy by the way.

All the parameters show in AUM.

It’s MPE and MAC OS aswell which is juicy.

Definitely worth the money going to be another classic.

• This came out of nowhere! Deep and complex, like all Woodman stuff. It also has some immediate gratification just by poking around.

• edited January 2021

@Jumpercollins I'm working on learning deeply a few synths for vids already at the moment, 1 for iOS and 2 for desktop, my hands were too full to jump on this one as well unfortunately. Maybe you should make the video on this one bud, I'll look forward to it!

• @Gavinski said:
    @Jumpercollins I'm working on learning deeply a few synth vids already at the moment, 1 for iOS and 2 for desktop, my hands were too full to jump on this one as well unfortunately. Maybe you should make the video on this one bud, I'll look forward to it!

Hmmm. This could really use the Gavinski treatment. Maybe you could add this to your list...

• @Gavinski said:
    @Jumpercollins I'm working on learning deeply a few synths for vids already at the moment, 1 for iOS and 2 for desktop, my hands were too full to jump on this one as well unfortunately. Maybe you should make the video on this one bud, I'll look forward to it!

Hi @Gavinski like you time and work and leisure balance is a commodity that’s one sided at present would love to make a video but to much going on in the real world at preset to fit it in.

Looking fwd to seeing your desktop videos.

• Ali was the first to post this morning ref WoodSynth so kudos where it’s due great find.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1504577553125121/permalink/2757795934469937/

• edited January 2021

Has a DAW midi button for Cubasis / AUM etc first I’ve seen in a synth.

Anyone get the touchbar midi out to work as yet ? I should imagine the sequencer on this to other synths will be used a lot as it’s polyphonic and has a lot of user configuration.

Edit got Midi Touchbar working into FRMS with the MPE selected see bottom picture. Cool so it’s a controller aswell.

• @Gavinski said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Gavinski said:

Hi @Gavinski like you time and work and leisure balance is a commodity that’s one sided at present would love to make a video but to much going on in the real world at preset to fit it in.

One for the Dougster and the Soundtestroom to investigate

• @barabajagal said:

@Gavinski said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Gavinski said:

One for the Dougster and the Soundtestroom to investigate

Yer was thinking that maybe tonight

• The next synth without drawable lfo's and envelopes😭
    when will the developers finally arrive in the future?

• edited January 2021

@DarkAum3o said:
    The next synth without drawable lfo's and envelopes😭

+1

I'd be happy with a 16 step table that can be either one-shot with sustain point (Envelope) or loop (LFO).
    The step duration could either be set ms or synced to tempo division and have adjustable interpolation / low-pass filter to smooth out the steps.

Guess I'll just stick to Drambo for now B)

Cheers!

• Finally a new toy to buy. My credit’s just been getting eaten up by my subscriptions. I know it comes out the same, but I don’t like the feeling of that eroding balance.

• From the description this looks pretty great and unusual. Would love to hear it.

• @Samu said:

@DarkAum3o said:
    The next synth without drawable lfo's and envelopes😭

+1

I'd be happy with a 16 step table that can be either one-shot with sustain point (Envelope) or loop (LFO).
    The step duration could either be set ms or synced to tempo division and have adjustable interpolation / low-pass filter to smooth out the steps.

Guess I'll just stick to Drambo for now B)

Cheers!

Nice to see someone like the idea. Sometimes I feel I’m alone with this. Still waiting for the ButterSynth to come out, but there are no news from the developer Kirnu interactive 😕

• @oat_phipps said:
    Finally a new toy to buy. My credit’s just been getting eaten up by my subscriptions. I know it comes out the same, but I don’t like the feeling of that eroding balance.

Haha i hate that too!
    The credits are for apps not pre existing conditions lol

• Great to finally see a new synth in 2021! This seems to have a Layr like layout but with a different way to maneuver. Def going to get this one

• First Woodman app that I get. Amazing sounds but I would like it to have an easier way to navigate through the presets, other than that an absolute winner

• @Prog1967 : I'll put it on my TO DO list to add an easier way to select presets
    @Samu , @DarkAum30 : also on my TO DO list for a future version

• edited January 2021

Sounds pretty good, sequencer is bare bones which is a little disappointing considering its main draw is the layers and sequencing them at different speeds. The synth itself is simple but does have a unique sound to it (the saws at least, which are always my judge of the character of a synth).

I do seem to be having a problem with tuning going really wacky, but turning glide on then back off seems to fix it for now.

• @oat_phipps : it is on my TO DO list to add a volume or other param to each step but what else would you like to see ?

• Woodman = quality! Can’t wait to check this out. 👍

• @woodman said:
    @oat_phipps : it is on my TO DO list to add a volume or other param to each step but what else would you like to see ?

Honestly I don’t know. Simple is good. Maybe it’s just the 4x4 layout that bothered me.

Chalk one up for bitching just to bitch, I guess. Nice saws, by the way!

• @oat_phipps : np, any idea welcome ! (although never guaranteed to get in :-)

• @woodman said:
    @Prog1967 : I'll put it on my TO DO list to add an easier way to select presets
    @Samu , @DarkAum30 : also on my TO DO list for a future version

Nice work on this s always. I would love to see a tutorial from you❤️