Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hope

This was interesting. I improvised the track using a LaGrange pad preset cause I felt expansive. When I tried to orchestrate it out I met with resistance last night. Today I plugged Ravenscroft 275 into the LaGrange midi track. I was surprised to hear a reasonably flawless Chopin like piece underneath the pad clutter. Added LaGrange in spots and iFretless Bass and was done. Always good to remember to pare away the sonic complexity to see what is at the heart of things.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Beautiful chord progression! @LinearLineman

• That's a great point @LinearLineman.
    A piece of art that doesn't require, but at the same time wouldn't have come to life without, sonic complexity.

My take on composition is that sound and melody can be equally important.

• Very nice @LinearLineman. I think sometimes playing very slow is more difficult than playing fast. There’s a great temptation to fill in the silences which you managed to avoid beautifully.

• It's nice that you recognized the beauty of your creation... it's so easy to keep adding extra notes and sounds when you have your arsenal of skills but you heard it. Of course, you could get another great piece by continuing to invent on the structure and reacting to the
    choices made already.

• Thank you @horsetrainer @Intrepolicious. @max23 @rs2000.

@GeoTony, the LaGrange pad preset filled up the sonic space. I really wasn’t thinking of paucity. It was revealed by removing the pad landscape. I, too, find it hard to play less.

Yes, @McD. Good as is and could be more. Better to just move on. I’m adopting a Zen calligraphic approach. All power to the algorithms!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Yes, @McD. Good as is

It stands on it's own. You ability to generate additional ideas is never the problem so no need to re-visit this uncluttered gem.

• edited January 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2021

Wow, that was really gorgeous Mike. Truly magical in it's simplicity.

Bravissimo, signore.

• Thanks for listening and commenting @McD.

Good to hear from you @Daveypoo. Hope all is well and your subscriptions are growing.