Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does bias have the same Amos as jamup?

edited April 2014 in App Tips and Tricks

If I have bias, is there a point in buying Amps in jamup?? Thanks!

Comments

• It odd that they charge 4.99 per amp in jamup, but 9.99 for the total of bias, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• edited April 2014

Yes. ;-)

But the amps were priced way before Bias was even thought of, I'm pretty sure. I have owned most of the older ones for ages before Bias was released.

• Meaning they shot themselves in the leg a bit here. Saying that with bias more ppl are likely to buy jamup effects.

• edited April 2014

The same developer, so it is a win,win either way for them especially given their popularity amongst ios guitarists.

• I agree that the pricing seems off, but PG hasn't released any new amps for JamUp since BIAS came out and probably won't. @supadom did have a point though - BIAS may drive traffic to JamUp if you want to use effects with those amps.

And PG's amp pricing and bundle sales are still more reasonable than what AmpKit and AmpliTube are doing, which I've riffed on in other threads.

• Thanks! I own bias and the free jamup now. Would you recommend the paid one to get the effects it comes with? Or stay with free and buy the effects one by one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• With AB 2 effects chaining the need for a container app, Ampkit or Jam Up, is greatly diminished.

• @TedBPhx - Could you expand on that? I note that SugarBytes has a $9.99 sale this weekend, and WOW Filterbox, Turnado, and Effectrix are all on sale.

If I'm ever going to get one of these SugarBytes apps, now would be the time. The question is WHICH one. I'm not a big user of modulation and ambient style effects. I was discussing Flying Haggis (guitar modeling app) in another thread, and I thought someone mentioned that they used WOW Filterbox as a "stomp pedal" for clean guitar signals through AudioBus. That appealed to me because you can find 20 different ways to add reverb or delay, but outside of guitar-apps like JamUp, you won't find a dedicated distortion or overdrive effect (though I'm sure you could trick it with synths and other apps in AB effects slot)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wow-filterbox/id666864434?mt=8

My questions are:

• Can my iPad2 actually handle Guitar App + SugarBytes Effect App + DAW in AudioBus?
    • Does the effect take place in realtime? In other words, if I run a clean guitar signal through the effects app in AudioBus, do I hear that effect immediately applied w/o significant latency over 20 or 30ms?
    • Which SugarBytes app is best for this type of use?
  • In amp kit I tend to load an EQ, a reverb a delay some distortion an amp and cab
    In AB 2 that becomes AUFX Peak Q, echo pad and Bias. May strain an iPad 2.