Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audulus for iPhone released on 22nd April

Just announced. It will be free to Audulus iPad users and at a special introductory price for new buyers.

http://forum.audulus.com/discussion/330/audulus-for-iphone-launching-april-22nd-next-tuesday

Comments

• This is in the App Store now, 50% off ;)

• edited April 2014

Anyone who already owns it for iPad tried to load it on your phone yet? AppStore doesn't seem to realize I already own it.

Edit- still able to download it, just need to use a link, not found by searching on the phone.

• Looks awesome. Unfortunately, I can't be an early adopter quite yet because of my recent app binge, one of which was SunVox, which still intimidates the hell out of me! The modular synth thing is pretty cool and I'm beginning to appreciate the possibilities, but I need know more about it to create usable sounds.

Very beautiful interface, however!

• I just asked Taylor if the IAP's could get the celebratory discount as well. He said "DONE! Might take a while for the prices to update though." Such an awesome dev, and great guy.

Massive sale.

• Taylor has very kindly provided me with 5 promo codes and I will be running a giveaway over the next couple of days. Will be starting off in a few hours.

• Can anyone owning Audulus comment on its differences to Sunvox and Jasuto (apart from iPhone version)?

• I think Audulus is the easiest to use of the three. It has the perfect interface for a software modular synth and it's very easy to get started and progress to more difficult things (like the math function for example). It is very intuitive and very vast with what you can do with it, limited only by the specs of your idevice.

Sunvox is modular too and has good sounding effects but isn't as open as Audulus. For example, I could build a drum synth using additive synthesis with 16 oscillators, noise module, etc in Audulus no problem. Can't do that in Sunvox.
    Sunvox also has the benefit of being tracker, a function which I will never use.

I couldn't get Jasuto to do anything for me right away and I realized I would have to read the manual. I never found time for it so it stays unused at the moment.

• Compared to Jasuto - Audulus has virtual midi, which is a huge plus for me. I also find it a lot simpler to see what each module is doing as it displays the function on top, rather than having to tap to bring up the parameters. Audulus also appears to be a lot easier on the CPU.

Jasuto does have the very cool motion recorder though.

• As @Context points out, Audulus is pretty easy to get running without a manual. There are also a lot of very cool patches available over at the Audulus forum. Even if the patches have been made using IAP's, you can still use them. You just cannot modify them but you do get an idea of their function.

Response to any queries are also very prompt from Taylor.

• Cool, thanks for the insightful replies, @Context and @thinds!

• Just purchased and having lots of fun with this. Much more accessible than Jasuto and Sunvox.